• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Front Office Thread

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41 years at retirement. I'm 37 now. Can't imagine the mental toughness to keep going like that. Mr Miller in tears. THAT is what is missing in the organization now.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sackataters, are you excited with Chip Kelly staying at Oregon or were they set up to succeed without him, too? Or both? I don't know much about Oregon football other than they were good and have been good for awhile. They also give Stanford trouble, which is good for my USC Trojans (need every help we can get) and potentially one day could help the Utes (they could also hurt the Utes, too).

I think they are prepared for his departure. They have Nike money, so players will likely have interest. Eugene is a nice town if you have a poncho. I knew the Browns moved on. I hadn't heard he actually said he was back for next year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just go to the end of the clip, just like you said...I think I'm done.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just go to the end of the clip, just like you said...I think I'm done.

Great! I look forward to listening to it in a few minutes. I'm glad you found it. Like I said, I owe you a lot. This board used to have a rep function, but they took that away when people started fighting about it on the general board (I don't think I've ever posted there but it was told to me by someone on the Niners board). I would have repped you, not that you care about rep (I don't care about it, but I give it because it lets me privately comment on it when I rep).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about rep, just good conversation about the Jazz. You and Nura sworn off espn? Tough to get a good game thread going now a days.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about rep, just good conversation about the Jazz. You and Nura sworn off espn? Tough to get a good game thread going now a days.

Yeah, I invited everyone that I found on ESPN and only you, Nuraman, and obviously, me came on here as registered commenters. But we get a lot of guests, so hopefully some are following and deciding on whether to join. We also have some fans from other teams or sports to come on from time to time. We also talk about more than just the Jazz. The more we participate, the more who will join over the years. Invite if you can, privately or publically on ESPN or anywhere else you may frequent. I like this board more than all the other ones I've tried. If you have any questions on functions, let me know.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the video here, if anyone wants to see it without going to YouTube. It's around 6:46 point of the video. I saw it during a break at work the first second I sat down on the couch - so I didn't know what it was about, so I wasn't braced for it. I liked Larry Miller's comment after that. A highlight video would truly be a long video. I also like the last thing Stockton said because I can't imagine how difficult emotionally answering tough questions would be on camera after making that big of a decision.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great! I look forward to listening to it in a few minutes. I'm glad you found it. Like I said, I owe you a lot. This board used to have a rep function, but they took that away when people started fighting about it on the general board (I don't think I've ever posted there but it was told to me by someone on the Niners board). I would have repped you, not that you care about rep (I don't care about it, but I give it because it lets me privately comment on it when I rep).

I don't like rep either.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't be much help either. I can't watch many games live anymore, end up watching them delayed (as again tonight).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like rep either.

Well, then I ain't giving you any! ;) This board system used to have a neg rep button, too - but I never used it except once to test it to see what it does. It made you list why you negged someone and the negged person could see it. The only positive I could see from negging would be that it's short of reporting a post and therefore the administrators don't get bugged by it. Now, I suppose someone would have to report someone if bugged. Over time, the trolls are identified, so the neg didn't help that too much, but I suppose to those who pathetically cared, it did. They were mad (I saw the thread they were fighting about and it was bad/sad) - I think someone removed the thread, but maybe not. Maybe there were multiple spats.

Some people on some boards have actually tried to set up real fights - some will play along and give a time and place. The serious one will come back telling everyone how the other chickened out and the joking one makes fun of the guy for being serious. It can be entertaining if the two involved are clever in their fights. Typically though, those who are actually mad, aren't clever. It gets down to cliche insults and the humor is usually one sided. I've also seen "emotional" fights where it's clear one side cried or got personally sad over it. I haven't seen bullying or anything before, though I know it exists. I don't like arguments that turn into fights so I haven't gotten in many arguments, it just makes it no fun. I don't need to prove my toughness on a message board - actually trying to do so, IMO, shows lack of toughness. But sometimes, I'll just let it be if I disagree because I know it's not worth it - I won't convince anyone anyway.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a place where I can't have the volume on, but I'll watch it later. Thank you for the link, even if it turns out to be a different one than I remember (which I don't know if it is, yet).

I am trying to think of a good joke for a place you can't have the volume on.

Hmm, what's a funny place where you can't have the loud volume?

Library and morgue are too cliched.

Nope, nothing's coming to me.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be much help either. I can't watch many games live anymore, end up watching them delayed (as again tonight).

I enjoy your game day threads, it's just having family makes it hard for me to join in. I sometimes can but often I'm playing with my daughter or something.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to think of a good joke for a place you can't have the volume on.

Hmm, what's a funny place where you can't have the loud volume?

Library and morgue are too cliched.

Nope, nothing's coming to me.

I wish you had told me before I blasted my music at the morgue. Now, they tell me never to come back unless I'm dead and I better have an interesting way of dying for the coroner. Funny thing is, that's the same thing the library told me.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you watch it, tell me what you think of Favors playing physical with Dirk. Overall, I've been frustrated with Corbin this year. I give him some credit for allowing Burks to play some point. What do you guys think the Jazz need to do going forward?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish you had told me before I blasted my music at the morgue. Now, they tell me never to come back unless I'm dead and I better have an interesting way of dying for the coroner. Funny thing is, that's the same thing the library told me.

Lol.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch it, tell me what you think of Favors playing physical with Dirk. Overall, I've been frustrated with Corbin this year. I give him some credit for allowing Burks to play some point. What do you guys think the Jazz need to do going forward?

Starting it now, am making a thread.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are prepared for his departure. They have Nike money, so players will likely have interest. Eugene is a nice town if you have a poncho. I knew the Browns moved on. I hadn't heard he actually said he was back for next year.

What do you think of the Niners this year? I grew up in Utah so I didn't have an NFL team, so I chose the Niners due to my extended family living there and the fact I saw it as a local team, even though Denver and Arizona were closer. I was also a Ute fan growing up, so when Alex Smith went there it was perfect for me. Sadly, that time is coming to an end, but all things must end eventually. When Alex leaves, I'll have a second team I pay attention to, but the Niners have grown on me. I wish Alex had this year to win it all and then I'd be fine with Kaep, but it wasn't guaranteed either way, so Harbaugh breaks the tie.

I'm fine with Kaep now, but only football wise. I don't like how it happened, but if they replaced him in the off-season, I'd be ok both football wise and the way it happened (though if we won with him, I'd be less confident in the switch). Mixed feelings because I still believe that the Niners could win it all with Alex, it's just Kaep could win it too and that's where Harbaugh is going.