• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The four rookies better than Lillard

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damian Lillard is a really good player but last year's draft class was awesome. The NBA is a marathon and not a race so I'm going to be looking at the guys that have the best shot of changing the landscape in the NBA.

#4. Bradley Beal

Beal looked like a bust at first but came on as the season progressed. With Wall on the court, Beal went through a long stretch shooting over 45% from the 3pt line. Beal is the protypical SG and perfectly compliments Wall's game. While its clear that the Wizards are Wall's team, Beal could end up being their leading scorer just based on how the team is built. And the Wizards should also be a fringe playoff team if Wall and Beal are able to play a whole year together.

#3. Andre Drummond

I think part of the reason this year's draft is considered weak is because Drummond left the year before in relative obscurity. Drummond looks like a man child compared to most other NBA players and played well in fairly limited minutes last year - I think he averaged 18 Rebounds per 48 minutes. And Drummond is still very young and could be developing potential for the next 8-10 years. Id say the Pistons need to call up Hakeem for some post moves but he might be kind of busy.

#2. Harrison Barnes

Its hard to come into a decent team as a rookie but Barnes did just that and ended up starting the whole season for a team that made it to the second round in the playoffs. Barnes is a 2 way player that brings offense and defense. I think he'll very quickly pass Klay Thompson as the 2nd best player on the Warriors. Unlike a lot of the other rookies, Barnes has a lot of talent right now - he doesn't have to unlock his potential. He just has to translate it.

#1. Anthony Davis

A 2 way Center prospect in a league where 2 way Centers just don't exist. He has to do something about that unibrow, though.

Anyways, thats my .02. Thoughts?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3. Andre Drummond

I think part of the reason this year's draft is considered weak is because Drummond left the year before in relative obscurity. Drummond looks like a man child compared to most other NBA players and played well in fairly limited minutes last year - I think he averaged 18 Rebounds per 48 minutes. And Drummond is still very young and could be developing potential for the next 8-10 years. Id say the Pistons need to call up Hakeem for some post moves but he might be kind of busy.
He's visiting Hakeem over the summer.
Y! SPORTS
:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Beal and Barnes being better but not the other 2.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's visiting Hakeem over the summer.
Y! SPORTS
:yahoo:
Thats hilarious. As a Pistons fan, you have to think that the team has the right pieces to compete in a couple of years. They just have to get from here to there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Beal and Barnes being better but not the other 2.

Anthony Davis has the highest ceiling of any player to enter the league since Durant. He may not reach it, but the dude is a great prospect. If he is able to stay healthy this year and if the guards ever pass to him, he will have a great season.

Drummond could be special too. Lillard is a nice player, but he just doesn't strike me as a game changer. Drummond and Davis can be just that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damian Lillard is a really good player but last year's draft class was awesome. The NBA is a marathon and not a race so I'm going to be looking at the guys that have the best shot of changing the landscape in the NBA.

#4. Bradley Beal

Beal looked like a bust at first but came on as the season progressed. With Wall on the court, Beal went through a long stretch shooting over 45% from the 3pt line. Beal is the protypical SG and perfectly compliments Wall's game. While its clear that the Wizards are Wall's team, Beal could end up being their leading scorer just based on how the team is built. And the Wizards should also be a fringe playoff team if Wall and Beal are able to play a whole year together.

#3. Andre Drummond

#2. Harrison Barnes

Its hard to come into a decent team as a rookie but Barnes did just that and ended up starting the whole season for a team that made it to the second round in the playoffs. Barnes is a 2 way player that brings offense and defense. I think he'll very quickly pass Klay Thompson as the 2nd best player on the Warriors. Unlike a lot of the other rookies, Barnes has a lot of talent right now - he doesn't have to unlock his potential. He just has to translate it.

#1. Anthony Davis

A 2 way Center prospect in a league where 2 way Centers just don't exist. He has to do something about that unibrow, though.

Anyways, thats my .02. Thoughts?

Only Davis is better

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard is the definition of clutch

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ THAT!

Guys a beast at the end of regulation and beyond. Couldn't think of another player with the ball in the end. Why isn't Portland playing on Christmas, worth a watch.

Sounds like an echo machine when hearing "Lillard for tree...GOOD!"

Anywho...A Davis is the best of the rest posted by the OP.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy necropost bump.

My assumption here was that Lillard was an older player coming out and these young guys were going to pass him up. Davis is the only one guaranteed to get there and Barnes will likely never come close. People forget how good he played in the playoffs before last.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this thread a joke? It's too early for April Fools

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Brow. May take the reigns as the face of the NBA that MJ and Lebron have created.

Damian is a hell of a player and probably two on that list now