• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Flash (2023)

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my…

Ezra Miller is an “it”.

Seriously.

It accepts “it” as a pronoun. It also uses they/them/ze.

Just leaving this here. You can do with it as you please…

Turns out a guy that wants to be referred to as them has mental issues and problems with angry outbursts.

Who could’ve guessed?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you are going to bring Gustin to the DCEU and have him play “his” Flash, why ignore the history of ”his” Flash?

If that is what they are going to do, might as well go with a new actor and either pull a Barry Allen from a different univers, recast the existing character, or go with Jay Garrick, Wally West or go in an original direction.

Wally west was the one on Justice League the cartoon.

Might as well go there

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that the current Flash movie is already done and getting ready for release.

Exactly. I don't give two shits what he gets up to now, as long as the movie gets released and it's good.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I don't give two shits what he gets up to now, as long as the movie gets released and it's good.
What you or I feel has very little to do with it. The studios look at the entire market and things like this can swing the gate for a movie from the black into the red. This is why almost all of Will Smith’s projects have been shelved for the time being. Any tiny shift in the perception of the lead can spell doom for the entire project.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you or I feel has very little to do with it. The studios look at the entire market and things like this can swing the gate for a movie from the black into the red. This is why almost all of Will Smith’s projects have been shelved for the time being. Any tiny shift in the perception of the lead can spell doom for the entire project.

Yes but the excitement for Keatons Batman showing up far exceeds the negativity surrounding Ezra.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the excitement for Keatons Batman showing up far exceeds the negativity surrounding Ezra.
For you. And for me, though I would still wait for it to get to HBO since the DCEU is not worth my theater money anymore.

But like I said, studios are avoiding Will Smith like the plague right now because they fear his box office numbers will be adversely effected. Having a film anchored by someone no one knows anything about except that he/she/it is a he/she/it woman beater is effecting all movie goers from all sides of the spectrum. This movie will likely be released with very little additional work done to it (unless they can kill him off or write him off at the end without him having to show for any reshoots), but it will not get half the marketing dollars it would have gotten otherwise. This movie will likely become, essentially, a punt by the studio.

I am not saying it is smart. I am not saying it is dumb. I am not a studio exec, so I really don’t know the ins and outs that make a movie a success. I am just saying that this appears to be the path most often taken when things LIKE this happen.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Baernes said:
According to the Hawaii government website there have been two shark related incidents in 2022, meaning that if you are on the Big Island you have equal chances of being attacked by either Ezra Miller or a shark

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just escalated to another level of craziness. Ezra Miller is now accused of grooming underage girls in a cult, believing he is Jesus, and planning a shooting against the KKK:

PJ Media: "Horror: Flash Star Ezra Miller Accused of Child Trafficking and Abusing Minor for Four Years"

LA Times:

LA Times said:
The parents of an 18-year-old from North Dakota have obtained a protective order against The Flash star Ezra Miller, adding another scandal for the embattled actor to contend with.

LA Times said:
Attorney and activist Chase Iron Eyes and his wife, Sara Jumping Eagle, petitioned the Standing Rock Sioux tribal court on a reservation in North Dakota Tuesday to issue an order of protection for their child, Tokata Iron Eyes.

LA Times said:
They accuse the 29-year-old Justice League star of "psychologically manipulating, physically intimidating and endangering the safety and welfare of Tokata Iron Eyes," according to court documents obtained Thursday by The Times.

LA Times said:
Tokata and Miller allegedly met at the Standing Rock Reservation in North Dakota in 2016 when Tokata was 12 and Miller was 23.

LA Times said:
Tokata’s parents said they allowed the teen to fly to London with Miller, along with other tribal members, for the Fantastic Beasts premiere in 2017. While there, Miller allegedly tried to sleep in the same bed as the then-14-year-old Tokata and was prevented from doing so by a chaperone who accompanied them on the trip, according to the petition.

Last Real Indians:

Last Real Indians said:
Multiple witness reports state that actor Ezra Miller is allegedly supplying illegal, mind-altering drugs to teenager(s) at their Vermont farm; committing extreme acts of physical and psychological abuse; and claiming that they are the Second Coming of Jesus Christ in an apparent cult-like manner. From brandishing a firearm; to violent, sexual outbursts against women; to repeated use of the narcotic ketamine

Last Real Indians said:
When Tokata was around the age 14, Ezra invited an Indigenous family from Standing Rock to London to visit the set of the Harry Potter film Fantastic Beasts. Ezra also invited Tokata, and their parents felt they would be safe accompanying the other family, with whom Tokata’s family had a close relationship. Tokata was starstruck and initially the relationship seemed innocent enough. However, while in London; Ezra attempted to sleep in the same bed as a 14 year old Tokata, before being chased off by a chaperone who ordered Ezra to sleep elsewhere.

Last Real Indians said:
There was even a point in time when we were doing the ceremony over in Pine Ridge and my wife was outside loading up the altar after the ceremony… and Tokata and Ezra were having sex on a bed that was laying outside.

Last Real Indians said:
After January 1st, Chase Iron Eyes accompanied Ezra Miller and Tokata to Oakland, California. Also in tow were two young women; Stella aka "Stella Marbles" and Mia Solange aka "Ellia Arias." While at a state park, Ezra repeatedly told Chase that they believed themselves to be the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, before pulling out a firearm (pistol). Mia Solange has since posted information on social media in April 2022, claiming that Ezra Miller physically and emotionally abused her; including photos of bite marks on her thighs.

Last Real Indians said:
Two days prior, Ezra posted a video to Instagram threatening the KKK in North Carolina. During this episode, Ezra reportedly transported an unknown supply of firearms and ammunition from Vermont to North Carolina for a potential confrontation with the KKK. Tokata was compelled to go along and was subjected to the heightened anxiety, impending violence, firearms, drug use and overbearing fear of an armed situation.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is really making a name for himself. smh

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC are cursed... they should just stop everything and maybe restart again in 10 years

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should focus on their D-list stuff, that is actually good.

Doom Patrol, Suicide Squad, Peacemaker, Harley Quinn. Keep doing stuff like that.
I’d even be interested in a Justice League Dark movie.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d even be interested in a Justice League Dark movie.

There was already. It was animated. Dc animation is not as good as it was earlier this century. But still pretty damn good.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC / Warner should just fire whoever does the concepts for these movies. Every movie, regardless of plot or hero, is some derivative of Batman- dark and brooding. Meanwhile, Marvel / Disney took a third rate character like Iron Man and successfully used it as the basis of a $25 billion franchise.

I doubt The Flash was ever going to save DC, but the crazy weirdo as the lead actor certainly doesn't help.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re welcome.
There was already. It was animated. Dc animation is not as good as it was earlier this century. But still pretty damn good.
Yeah, knew of that one. A live action one would probably be fun to watch I think. I’m just wondering if it happened, would they try to get Keanu back or the guy that’s done a good job with the character of Constantine on tv.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, it is never-ending with this guy. Two more incidents in the last week, and the details are just so insane:

Rolling Stone: Ezra Miller housing mother and three young children at Vermont farm: video shows at least eight assault weapons, rifles, and handguns lying around the living room, with some weapons propped up next to a pile of stuffed animals; a one-year-old put a loose bullet in her mouth

The Daily Beast: Court issues harassment prevention order against Ezra Miller after argument over parcheesi and threatening mother and child with gun, accusing her of being a witch and vampire:

The Daily Beast said:
“[Miller] was wearing a bulletproof vest—and I had no idea until later that they were armed,” recalls the visiting neighbor.

The Daily Beast said:
Tensions began brewing when the mother says she mentioned doing some traveling recently with “her tribe” of people, leading Miller to snap at her and accuse her of cultural appropriation. Then, a conversation about board games allegedly went sideways when, after Miller claimed that the board game Parcheesi had Rastafarian roots, the visiting neighbor—who is half-Black—questioned Miller as to which sect of the Rastafari movement it originated from.

The Daily Beast said:
“At this point, Ezra explodes and started screaming directly into my face,” the visiting neighbor tells me. “They said, ‘You don’t even know what the fuck you’re talking about. What did you say to me? What did you just say to me?!’

The Daily Beast said:
“I was very caught off-guard,” the visiting neighbor continues. “Then they opened up their jacket—they had this, like, big Sherpa jacket—and they opened up one side of their jacket, you could see a gun, and they said, ‘Talking like that could get you into a really serious situation.’”

The Daily Beast said:
Next, according to the visiting neighbor, the mother, and the child, Miller focused their attention on the then-11-year-old, saying, “I’ve talked extensively with your child, and they have a lot of power to them. At one point, you’re going to realize that you don’t have any control over them anymore. They’re an elevated being, and they would be lucky to have someone like me guide them.”

The Daily Beast said:
They say Miller proceeded to turn to the mother, who dresses Goth, and accused her of being a witch and a vampire, repeatedly yelling at her, “Do you want to drink my blood? Do you!?”