• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Five Most Overrated Classic Rock Artists

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Axlhole Rose is overrated, but the band, overall, is not. A band with Slash as the lead guitarist can not be over-rated.

How was Axl overated......He had one helluva powerful voice back then......If you're talking about now,you're right.....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was Axl overated......He had one helluva powerful voice back then......If you're talking about now,you're right.....

One of the best ranges of all time, but it was for such a short time. He shit it all away so quick, and it was rarely reproduced in any way, live.

The vast majority of Axl was just a drunk POS.

Worst concert I ever saw, fwiw.

Reactions: GNG

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note that I didn't say they were bad, just overrated.
They had some songs I really liked and "Whole Lotta Love" is a masterpiece.
Not a favorite of mine, but a good band.

They just got played WAY TOO MUCH in the classic rock era...I swear that I could have flipped around the stations in Chicago when I was growing up and found "Stairway To Heaven" 5-6 times in an hour.

BTW, kindly go fuck yourself at your earliest convenience.

Now I agree, they tend to be overplayed or should I say the 5 same songs are overplayed. Its ridiculous that a song like Fool in the Rain isn't played enough, it's the perfect song to showcase John Bonham's genius drumming ability. He is the best in the business and the song helps show why. Most bands are lucky to play one genre well, let alone two. Their bluesy songs are good song and seldom get played as much as they should. A song like Sincd I've been loving you, is a great song, with nil play time. Maybe it's just too bluesy.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best ranges of all time, but it was for such a short time. He shit it all away so quick, and it was rarely reproduced in any way, live.

The vast majority of Axl was just a drunk POS.

Worst concert I ever saw, fwiw.

Yeah,he definetly has not aged well.. . .Seen a couple of YouTube videos when he stood in for Brian Johnson,and that was just horrible.....

Not sure if ACDC was just trying to use Axls name to sell tix,but damn he butchered their songs.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I agree, they tend to be overplayed or should I say the 5 same songs are overplayed. Its ridiculous that a song like Fool in the Rain isn't played enough, it's the perfect song to showcase John Bonham's genius drumming ability. He is the best in the business and the song helps show why. Most bands are lucky to play one genre well, let alone two. Their bluesy songs are good song and seldom get played as much as they should. A song like Sincd I've been loving you, is a great song, with nil play time. Maybe it's just too bluesy.

I agree,Fool in the Rai iis their best song.....One of the very few I like,but I'm not an LZ fan.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Grateful Dead is an all time great band or anything, but I do like a lot of their stuff, I just think they needed to lay off the country remakes(Mama Tried, Catfish John, I Washed My Hands in Muddy Water, etc, etc, etc).

But I wouldn't put them near the top of any most overrated list. I like their spinoff band, New Riders of the Purple Sage better though.

i don't know who rates them highly enough to be considered overrated. if you're high enough, who cares. out of the thousands of songs they surely recorded they were still able to come up with a half dozen that you can listen to.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list:

America
Hall and Oates
Yes
Post Peter Gabriel Genesis
Blue Oyster Cult
but America is the tabs every new guitarist learns first, no?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're high enough, who cares. out of the thousands of songs they surely recorded they were still able to come up with a half dozen that you can listen to.

Last edited:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite by the B52's...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse.
personally, i think i only know 3 songs by them, so to call them overrated seems a stretch, that said, i feel like one of those is a song that is among the easiest to to learn.