• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the entire offensive line

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was offside? wtf

:faint:

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I can think of is the Center forgot the count and didn't snap it when he was supposed to and the rest of the line went.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked better in the 2nd half, but they were so shitty in the first that it isn't saying much. Communication, false starts, slowness to react, no push on most running plays- they need to work their shit out and FAST!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They looked better in the 2nd half, but they were so shitty in the first that it isn't saying much. Communication, false starts, slowness to react, no push on most running plays- they need to work their shit out and FAST!

this is really sad to hear, prior to today i was trying to be reasonable considering the short off-season, new scheme. but to read they played badly today is inexcusable, while didn't expect a huge turnaround, did expect they'd improve (run and protect) over last game.

from what i've read so far, the O-line was BAD.....inexcusable.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the line played a bit better when snyder replaced rachel rachel

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
obviously, we don't want to make changes during the season, at least not too many changes. but if this keeps up, we might as well try?

whether its moving guys around (Davis to LT?) or bringing in others (Boone?), it might be sooner (2 games from now) rather than later?

Staley is playing poorly and Rachal is already on the bench, please......lets not start to read negatives on Goodwin?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not really astute enough to tell but are the O Linemen that inept or are they getting out-schemed? Perhaps a combination of both. Whatever it is, it is atrocious and needs to get fixed before Smith goes down for the season and we get stuck with Kaepernick

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd be scared is davis was at LT. i'd rather have davis play guard and boone at RT

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'd be scared is davis was at LT. i'd rather have davis play guard and boone at RT

IMO too early moving Davis to OG? if he's not suitable for LT, then leave him as is and try Boone at LT?

if next off season they want to try him out fine, but this seems early?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LG is a huge problem and boone would most likely be better at RT. staley might not be the answer at LT but i highly doubt anyone else can handle that position. davis moving inside would be more about fixing the huge holes with what we got.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LG is a huge problem and boone would most likely be better at RT. staley might not be the answer at LT but i highly doubt anyone else can handle that position. davis moving inside would be more about fixing the huge holes with what we got.

yeah no problem, if trying Boone at LT seems better than Davis, fine with me.

not claiming Davis will handle LT better than Staley, but Davis did play LT thru college, and did well. so MAYBE the Coaches will give him first shot over Boone? too bad we didn't have a normal off-season, was suggesting this end of last season.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In Mike Sando's 5 observations article, the only starting OL he did not mention was Mike Iupati...

"..Offensive line struggling. Right tackle Anthony Davis and right guard Chilo Rachal were erratic in all phases. Alex Smith and Frank Gore would have been more consistent if the 49ers had even average players on the right side of their line, provided those average players were consistent. Geno Atkins and Frostee Rucker were among the Bengals' defensive linemen feasting on the opportunities. The Bengals also pushed back center Jonathan Goodwin, impinging upon the pocket. Left tackle Joe Staley drew a false-start penalty. He also gave up a critical sack in the red zone, allowing immediate pressure against Smith's blind side. The 49ers have too many early draft choices invested in their line to suffer through these sorts of performances..."

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At what point, do we point - our fingers toward the coaching staff?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At what point, do we point - our fingers toward the coaching staff?

been reading more individual breakdowns than Unit ones and if so, i'd say close but not quite time to point. i hope this isn't the BIG reason for this mess?

if its more Unit breakdowns, miscommunication type breakdowns, i'd say start pointing now is ok. i hope this is more the case and not more the former.

i expected improvement in this game over the first two. so the lack of off-season work is supposed to start giving way to 'gelling'? but since they actually got worse from the 'sounds of it', the coaches are failing.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pointing my fingers at McClueless and Sing/Baalke for drafting these bums in the first place. The only one I was OK with was Staley. Potty, Davis, Rachal, and Snyder were all crappy picks I didn't like the second they were picked. I had forgotten how ill I felt after the 2008 draft. God damn it was bad. Rachal's benching just put the kibosh on it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still pointing my fingers at McClueless and Sing/Baalke for drafting these bums in the first place. The only one I was OK with was Staley. Potty, Davis, Rachal, and Snyder were all crappy picks I didn't like the second they were picked. I had forgotten how ill I felt after the 2008 draft. God damn it was bad. Rachal's benching just put the kibosh on it.

what about Baas?

Kilgore?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. These players can't be that bad

they are that bad. a big reason why there needs to be more plays from the shotgun. those play action passes aren't fooling anyone