• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the draft, post-Allen

C

cubzzzfanincali

Really? Slauson got a big contract, we are tied into Bushrod for the next few, Long was a ProBowler and Mills did quite well as a rookie... You thinking a Center for Garza? I could go with that idea but was thinking later rounds.

Garza, bull's eye. Furthermore, Long could also move to right tackle someday anyway. And...at the risk of pointing out the obvious...the Bears were like the only team to not have any starting O linemen injured all season. The chances of that happening twice are close to zero.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost. but not exactly.

And...at the risk of pointing out the obvious...the Bears were like the only team to not have any starting O linemen injured all season..

Close, but no cigar. I understand it was at the end of the season but it was still an injury and game time missed.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garza, bull's eye. Furthermore, Long could also move to right tackle someday anyway. And...at the risk of pointing out the obvious...the Bears were like the only team to not have any starting O linemen injured all season. The chances of that happening twice are close to zero.

I was thinking of that too, but the redskins were known that their hogs played many years in a row, its not impossible to happen. Brittan went in the last game at right tackle and didnt seem like they missed a step. Since we didnt see any injuries, we didnt see the current backups we have that are quality guys. We know Brittan is, I think Boggs is, really should overcome an offensive line injury.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if paea can handle starting all season we will be ok on the defensive line, allowing us to consider a Big time CB or LB in round 1. could be a Linebacker still though. we could also add some depth to our offense as well since we have most of our positions covered right now.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Slauson got a big contract, we are tied into Bushrod for the next few, Long was a ProBowler and Mills did quite well as a rookie... You thinking a Center for Garza? I could go with that idea but was thinking later rounds.

No not really..........:lol:

hell,I have no idea.we have our d-line situated now,which was our biggest need.So I just have this feeling it will be bpa on defense with the first round pick.Whether its another lineman,lb`er or d-back.
with the second pick,I could see us getting another o-lineman,it seems they are always in dire need.
I would have no problem with them picking one.............But I don`t know.

We`ll see.I like what we`ve done so far with the team.We are definetley looking good.:nod:

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really didnt think we would have been drafting a DE anyway, i thought we would just make due and keep wooten. but it was a great surprise signing so many DEs

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, taking a safety at #14 IS too high usually. Safety is generally the easiest position to play talent-wise ( more people can play safety than, say, DE, NT, CB, etc.), it is the least important to the sucess of the defense, and for those basic reasons it is the lowest paid position on the defense. Yes all positions matter. But some matter more than others.

Safeties rarely get taken high in the first, and many years have gone without 1st round safeties entirely. In 2012 the first safety taken was at 48. The only safeties that get taken high are those truly special players..when you KNOW they are special, Hall of Fame grade guys. Last year they said that about Vacarro, he got taken 15th, and sure enough he is very, very awesome so far. Eric Berry another one taken high. But they are very, very rare. A lot of the best safeties in the league right now (Ward, Byrd, etc.) got taken after the first. There are more later round starting safeties in the NFL than first rounders, and without checking the stats I'd bet that's the only position on the defense that's true for.

I haven't heard anyone talk of Clinton-Nix in those epic terms. I've heard he's a very good talent, but at least in my circles, no Vaccarro or Berry types. Maybe you've heard otherwise. Yes, we need a safety, but if we draft a safety at 14, I will seriously blow an entire fusebox. If we trade down later in the first, fine, I can live with that, but 14 is a great pick, we may have the very best available to us at the more special, important, rarer-talent positions, and if we draft a safety instead, it will be a giant fucking mistake.

Safety is becoming a very valuable position in the NFL. | SportsonEarth.com : Dan Pompei Article
Just thought this was a good article to rebut you.
I want the BPA @ 14, even if it is a safety.:suds: