• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Dome was packed on Sunday

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Edward Jones Dome looked packed as I was watching it on Television. I was thinking WOW finally the RAMS beat a good team like the Colts so maybe those people who live in St. Louis are finally getting behind the RAMS and supporting them.

As I watched the game I noticed a lot of Black and White Bears jerseys and then in today's St. Louis Post i read and I quote

"Thanks to thousands of Bears fans, the Rams had a rare sellout crowd of 66,024 on Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome.

It was the largest home crowd since 66,191 watched rookie head coach Scott Linehan’s Rams squad lose to Kansas City 31-17 on Nov. 5, 2006"

Really :noidea: It's pretty bad when there are more fans for the other team in your Home Dome. I am dissapointed in the City of St. Louis and how they don't support the RAMS, I know there are DIE HARD FANS on this board who attend the games, but it's a dissapointment to see the lack of support for your team.

I went to Dallas to see the RAMS/Cowboys game, and there were a good amount of RAM fans, but one thing I can say about Cowboys fans they do support :cheer2:thier team.

I live in a state where we don't have any pro teams, It irks me that cities that have that luxury of having any kind of Pro team and when they don't support them it just irks me and as a DIE HARD RAM FAN for the past 45 years any time I have the opportunity to see the RAMS play live I cherrish it, but those who have the opportunint to see the RAMS play in thier own city don't take advantage of it, and then they wonder why the talk :blah:of the RAMS returning to LA is always talked about.

Just my observation I'm not saying the RAMS have turned the corner, but these past two games against contenders have made me feel a little bit better than earlier in the season.

One thing I can say the RAMS have responded well to Clemens. Sammy Boy better take a long hard look at the way he's played, and if he is the starting QB next year I hope he talks to Clemens and finds out what the secret is to gelling with his recievers, because before Sammy Boy went down. I wasn't impressed with his performance. As the No. 1 overall pick he sure hasn't played like one.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who works in ticket sales for the Rams and he stated that there was an estimate of about 17000 to 18000 Bears fans in attendance....obviously that is not scientific or anything, just a basic estimate. However, that still means there were almost 50k Rams fans in the Dome. Just like with the Blackhawks, ANYTIME we play the Bears, we get a good amount of Bears fans in attendance. They are fanatics about their team. They do the same thing when they play the Chiefs. The true Rams fans are there every week. Go up to the upper bowl of the dome. Those are the folks who do not sell their tickets to opposing teams. It is the richy richs that sell their tickets.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things people in STL care to do more than attend Rams games:
Talk about the St Louis Cardinals
Drink Bud on their couch with it on
Go to Ted Drewe's
Argue about Jhonny Peralta
Talk to grandma on the phone
Not park downtown
Become emotionally closed off so you can't be disappointed
Go to Chik-fil-A
Watch Cards games on replay
Discuss Lou Brock
Make fun of Chicago
Drink beer alone
Go to Imo's
Eat toasted ravioli
Eat pork steaks
Go to the arch
Talk about MU football

Point is that no one really cares right now because they aren't really good. I do think this will change in 5-10 years though. I'm close to the oldest set of kids that truly grew up with the Rams. I turned 3 shortly after they moved here. The majority of the true Rams fans I know are below the age 25. We can't afford to go to games because I work in a sub shop and have to pay rent. As we grow older and get full time jobs I could see attendance to grow soon.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a true rams fan but it sucks because I live in NC, although we do have the panthers I grew up watching the cowboys and then became a rams fan in 1998, shortly after Torry Holt got drafted from my alma mater NCSU. It also sucks to see that many bears fans in attendance, but then again I wasn't shocked as IL isn't far from STL. I flew into the STL air port and only drove 2 hrs to carbon dale about 2 weeks ago.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis hasn't had fair attendance numbers since 2007 and attendance was the reason stated for the departure from LA back in 1995.. Heck most of the Rams time in Anaheim Stadium they sold out (70K), so much so there were few games that were blackouts.

It wasn't until Georgia FrontAndRearie destroyed our once great franchise that LA fans had enough. As it was, plenty of Los Angeles football 'fans', at the time, had the luxury to choose either the Rams or Raiders here in Los Angeles. And don't you think for a minute Al Davis didn't take full advantage of a turned down Rams product. Everywhere we Rams fans looked there was Al Davis message as the Raiders being 'The Most Winning Franchise in the History of Sports' propaganda. I mean they handed out cups with this tag on it at gas stations with a 10 gallon purchase, billboards and other places too.

Well, just a little history lesson for the younger Rams fans.

St Louis better support our team!

We here in Los Angeles have organizations competing to lure Stan Kronke's Rams back to LA and he wont be competing for attendance with another Pro Football team here.

Farmers Field has 72K seating capacity and the Grand Crossing has 75K. Both are 'shovel ready', which is a big deal and compelling component to seal the deal for any NFL franchise considering relocating. I don't see that component in St Louis :wtf2:

Pretty soon the rubber is gonna meet the road.

And it's probably sooner than later.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago fans travel well.

Hell, the Nashville Predators are trying to ban us from attending their games lol.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Ram_n_that_ass!!! :suds: There were plenty of Rams fans there. It was not a majority of Bears fans - so I have heard from many that went.

Even when the Cubs come to town, Busch Stadium is packed with Cubs fans. It's not 50-50, but the Rams aren't the Cards either.

It's the rivalry and the fact that Rams have not been good for a decade.

Like the Cali folks are going to support a bad team or even a good team for that matter.

C'mon essay!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argue about Jhonny Peralta

What a waste of $50 million! He'll be 32 next year in spring training, out of shape, and they want him to play SS. That's a good laugh! Previous PED user, never has been a really good defender either.

I like the Peter Bourjous deal, but Peralta is on his way down. MOZ is a tard.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the Peralta deal, but only if he ends up at 3B. After getting Bourjos, I am almost sure that Mo is going to dangle Jay and Miller to get a SS like JJ Hardy.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you better hope Bourjous doesn't get hurt as usual. Jay is a good 4th OF. Miller for Hardy? I dunno... But they need a SS, I agree Peralta looks better at 3B and Carpenter staying at 2B.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Ram_n_that_ass!!! :suds: There were plenty of Rams fans there. It was not a majority of Bears fans - so I have heard from many that went.

Even when the Cubs come to town, Busch Stadium is packed with Cubs fans. It's not 50-50, but the Rams aren't the Cards either.

It's the rivalry and the fact that Rams have not been good for a decade.

Like the Cali folks are going to support a bad team or even a good team for that matter.

C'mon essay!
Pure conjecture on your part and besides we 'Cali' folks are shovel ready at two different locations. Stan wants a state of the art stadium and we can provide that.

Oh and about that support thing... here straight from wiki... the ballpark <Anaheim Stadium> was reconfigured and enclosed to accommodate crowds of almost 70,000 in football configuration. With their new, smaller home, <Opposed to 90,000 at LA Collisum> the Rams had no problem selling out games.

It's not like St Louis has been packing it in either in that small stadium of 65K. Over the last 9 years we averaged under 52K for home games. That equates to 80% sell out percentage, if we do the same here at Farmers Field we would still increase tickets sales by and average of 8K per game that is 64K per season. At $209 as the average price of an NFL ticket that is $13.376M per year revenue increase, even with the same attendance percentages as St Louis over the last 9 years. Still think we average close to the 70K, even with this product we have on the field. Just look how Los Angeles fills Dodgers stadium on average. (46K for 81 games, No. 1 in the MLB!)

All I'm saying is, if I can crunch these numbers this quickly and Los Angeles has the 'shovel ready' stadiums, y'all in St Louis better get your act together or we may be moving our team once again.

Last edited by a moderator:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a waste of $50 million! He'll be 32 next year in spring training, out of shape, and they want him to play SS. That's a good laugh! Previous PED user, never has been a really good defender either.

You're right, Johnny Mo hasn't built an elite MLB team with an elite farm system or anything...

As far as Peralta goes, the dude can hit. We've got a good defensive 3B(MCarp) and a very good defensive 2B(Wong). Peralta has a .980 career Fld% at SS(compare to .979 of Stephen Drew). Sure he doesn't have the best range but he's between 2 guys with really good range. He can hit and that's his purpose.

Its ok people think the Cards are making poor decisions every offseason. We gave Holliday too much, we let Albert go, we lost TLR, Matheny would fail as manager, Berkman and Beltran were both washed up. We didn't have a closer, we didn't have starting pitching, Westbrook's extension was awful, Furcal wasn't going to produce after we traded for him, we traded out only good reliever in Chris Perez, we traded a high prospect(Zach Cox) for a failed reliever(Edward Mujica). I think the Cards have done pretty well these last few years so I'll just trust Mo.

And don't worry about Borjous, Craig can play OF if we don't trade Adams(which we should) and then Oscar will turn heads in CF.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram-N-It. There is a thread going about the game in two weeks here in Phoenix. Right now, Rambunctious is going but he'll be sitting with his brother-in-law. Blue has declined and Vita is in the hunt if he ever gets back to me as to when he is going to buy tickets so I know where to buy tickets. If you are still interested, there might three of us going.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro

Haven't been on the board lately, saw this post and wanted to thank you for the invite. Things came up this past few months that didn't allow me to attend the game in Arizona. I was bummed about it, but things happen.

Hope you had a good time even thought he RAMS didn't play so well.

Here is hoping that next year I get to AZ to watch the RAMS win the NFC WEST.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Ram-N-It. I met with Vita and his friends and we had a good time. Rambunctious was there and so was TEB11 but we didn't find either one. We will try to build on major get-together spot in one of the stadiums in the future.