• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Debate : Romo or Dak ???

Romo or Dak ?

• Romo

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Dak

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Jerry will screw it up

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Doesn't matter Skins own the division

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all along and still think this way, Dallas will give Romo the ball, however Romo's leash will not be a long one, if he shows he has declined Dak goes back in.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo. Dak throws like shit. Hes a placeholder IMO.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine they would go back to Romo. The got the mojo rolling right now.
I've been wrong before. I thought Daks response to the question tonight was interesting, in the past he has stated it's Romos team, tonight he said it's up to the coaches.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what your sources tell you?

Few of my connections within the organization are telling me that Romo is well ahead of schedule and is getting better. He will be the starter when healthy. Not all fans will agree with the decision but from what I'm hearing, Romo gets the rock.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got?

Romo is cleared this week to play so the debate is now on!

There is no way Romo starts at QB unless Dak gets injured. The kid has exceeded everyone's expectations.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry will somehow screw it up. Dak will throw a pick and the hook will be cast.
Your just afraid that the Cowboys might be better than the Vikes. Just admit it.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your just afraid that the Cowboys might be better than the Vikes. Just admit it.

After this win, that's not out of the question. I don't think it is and I haven't been afraid of the Cowboys since 1996. The Vikings have not had much trouble with the Cowboys since then.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to stick with Dak. To do otherwise is just stupid. When the Pats won their first SB Bledsoe was the QB and got hurt. They put in Brady and he did so well they stuck with him and wound up winning Superbowl. The Patriots were 0-2 when Bledsoe was the starter. Bledsoe signed a 10 year contract the year he was injured and never got his job back.

I always thought Romo was vastly overrated because people seem to talk about him like he is a great QB. I think he is good but far from great and he can't stay healthy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got?

Romo is cleared this week to play so the debate is now on!

I would be tempted to stay with Dak, but the right move is to go with Romo if he's ready to go.

Why? Romo is the established starter and arguably a top 10 QB when healthy. Dak was drafted to be the backup and potential QB of the future. Both players knew that was the expectation coming in. Romo did not play himself out of the position....if that happened, it's a lot easier to stay with Dak.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Romo is looking to be healthy in 3 weeks? I say wait until he's finally healthy to make a decision - if that ever happens. I like Romo, but this just smells of him ending up the bad guy. The Cowboys would just be setting him up for failure IMO.

Dak brings the X factor - he can scramble or take the read option and get some yards. Without breaking his spine of course.

But I've already heard Jerra say 2 weeks ago that when Tony is healthy - he is the starting QB. So the safe bet is "Jerra will screw it up".

I sure as hell wouldn't take the momentum from Dak. Unless you think Romo comes in, plays well, then gets hurt again and Dak is healthy for the playoffs. :noidea:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to stick with Dak. To do otherwise is just stupid. When the Pats won their first SB Bledsoe was the QB and got hurt. They put in Brady and he did so well they stuck with him and wound up winning Superbowl. The Patriots were 0-2 when Bledsoe was the starter. Bledsoe signed a 10 year contract the year he was injured and never got his job back.
yep....and Bledsoe spelled a hurt Brady in a playoff game that year and kept the train on track.

I don't see the problem....especially after Dallas's season in 2015

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow very interesting, "stay with Dak" is leading the charge. I'm not shocked, I believe in August I made the commentary that Dak should be the leader of this offense...

The other no shocking item here is "Jerry screwing" this up is in a commanding 2nd place......

All Cowboy bashing to the side this is going to be a very interesting couple weeks for Dallas, of course business side is you go with Romo, veteran, huge cap hit, but how long do Cowboy fans sit back if Romo comes out and struggles?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real engine driving the Cowboys is that offensive line and Ezekial Elliot. To be honest take Elliot off the Cowboys and we never have this conversation.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Romo is looking to be healthy in 3 weeks? I say wait until he's finally healthy to make a decision - if that ever happens. I like Romo, but this just smells of him ending up the bad guy. The Cowboys would just be setting him up for failure IMO.

Dak brings the X factor - he can scramble or take the read option and get some yards. Without breaking his spine of course.

But I've already heard Jerra say 2 weeks ago that when Tony is healthy - he is the starting QB. So the safe bet is "Jerra will screw it up".

I sure as hell wouldn't take the momentum from Dak. Unless you think Romo comes in, plays well, then gets hurt again and Dak is healthy for the playoffs. :noidea:

I think the key is health...at this point there's no reason to rush Tony back so that imo would be the only way JJ can screw this up. If Tony is cleared to play and proves he's good to go, if makes sense to start him...if he gets hurt again this season, it reflects on Tony not Jones.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow very interesting, "stay with Dak" is leading the charge. I'm not shocked, I believe in August I made the commentary that Dak should be the leader of this offense...

The other no shocking item here is "Jerry screwing" this up is in a commanding 2nd place......

All Cowboy bashing to the side this is going to be a very interesting couple weeks for Dallas, of course business side is you go with Romo, veteran, huge cap hit, but how long do Cowboy fans sit back if Romo comes out and struggles?
this is what haters spin while cowboy fans are just happy to be 5-1 after 6 weeks

maybe Dallas is more the 2014 version than the 2015 team. There was a cowboy fan or two trying to imply that in late August. Maybe it's not having Dez in the huddle.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real engine driving the Cowboys is that offensive line and Ezekial Elliot. To be honest take Elliot off the Cowboys and we never have this conversation.
funny....now if 4 of 5 olinemen got hurt, you'd have a point

dallas was a laughing stock with most of you in May taking Elliott with the 4th pick. Remember our defense?
Jerry blew that one and then to top that off, selected a guy in round two that may never play football again.

Surely Dallas had a bad draft....I mean this is jerry jones!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be tempted to stay with Dak, but the right move is to go with Romo if he's ready to go.

Why? Romo is the established starter and arguably a top 10 QB when healthy. Dak was drafted to be the backup and potential QB of the future. Both players knew that was the expectation coming in. Romo did not play himself out of the position....if that happened, it's a lot easier to stay with Dak.

I used to think Romo.

But at this point in time I don't think there is a 100% right move. The right hunch will prevail.

Dak has that team by the nuts right now and they love him. Even Williams is catching the ball.

And I think his chemistry with Elliot in the run game is huge. Romo wouldn't be able to do the whole read option thingy....