• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cowboys' vaunted O-line is in shambles

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit they weren't going early, but it wasn't due to their importance it was due to teams decided they could get quality backs later.

I'll say this again. The draft number has nothing to do with importance.

The reasons they could get quality backs later and quality Centers later is because teams use the higher picks on the more important positions thus pushing the Center down.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reasons they could get quality backs later and quality Centers later is because teams use the higher picks on the more important positions thus pushing the Center down.
No idiot, they use the high picks on positions HARDER to fill.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ojb81 what are you face palming about. You think Centers are better athletes then LTs and DT are better then DE athletically? Come on.

I'm facepalming because you don't have a clue about the game of football

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm facepalming because you don't have a clue about the game of football

I asked you a question and I’ve been watching and understand football longer then you. OK Centers are just as athletic as Tackles. What ever you say dude.

I don’t have a clue because I think Tackles are better athletes then Centers. Okie dokie!

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idiot, they use the high picks on positions HARDER to fill.

Nope, they pick them earlier cause they are more important. Center is easy to fill cause you don’t have to be very athletically gifted like Tackles. Wonder why in 50 years no Center has gone in the top 12. That’s 600 picks and not once did a GM say... “Damn this Center will turn around our franchise” Not once. Guess what a kicker and punter never went in the top 12 either. Cause it isn’t one of the prime positions like DE, LT, RT, QB, CB, WR.
Fucking Center... hilarious.

A billion people plus have been born in the last 50 years and not one of them was good enough to go top 12 in the draft at C.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked you a question and I’ve been watching and understand football longer then you. OK Centers are just as athletic as Tackles. What ever you say dude.

I don’t have a clue because I think Tackles are better athletes then Centers. Okie dokie!

I'm not necessarily talking about one being a better athlete than another, genius.

Longer than me?? LMAO, what are you, 16 years old??

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but 3 LTs and 2 RTs made the top 100 list. Nice try though Jarntt. ZERO Centers.
The second most important position in the NFL and only 3 made it? Hmmm...that doesn't fit the storyline. This Clearly proves RB is more important than LT:thumb:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second most important position in the NFL and only 3 made it? Hmmm...that doesn't fit the storyline. This Clearly proves RB is more important than LT:thumb:

Its either 2nd or 3rd. That doesnt clearly prove RB is better it just proves there were a lot of elite RBs last year. But how come no Centers. Werent Kelce and Fredricks all pro? The best in the business. How come no Centers inducted in the Hall of Fame in the last 20+ years? How come?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's a harder skill set to find.

By the way I'd prefer a great C over a Great RB, because the RB needs that C. The great C can send an average RB to the Pro bowl.

But you said you can get stud RB's late like Alvin Kamara. You're all over the place. Its because the Giants and Cowboys said recently... Zeke and Saquons talent is so tremendous we will use a top 5 pick on them because they can really change our team into a contender. How come no one has said that about Centers in over 50 years?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said you can get stud RB's late like Alvin Kamara. You're all over the place. Its because the Giants and Cowboys said recently... Zeke and Saquons talent is so tremendous we will use a top 5 pick on them because they can really change our team into a contender. How come no one has said that about Centers in over 50 years?
How am I all over the place. I'm simply trying to explain to you that draft position has nothing to do with importance. To bad you're to fucking stupid to understand logic.
Go read your draft magazines and try to impress us with your lack of football knowledge.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's a harder skill set to find.

By the way I'd prefer a great C over a Great RB, because the RB needs that C. The great C can send an average RB to the Pro bowl.

Could you imagine the Cowboys Offense without Elliot this year. :bored2:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I all over the place. I'm simply trying to explain to you that draft position has nothing to do with importance. To bad you're to fucking stupid to understand logic.
Go read your draft magazines and try to impress us with your lack of football knowledge.

I havent heard a valid response from you. You haven't backed it up with any fact... just opinion. However, I've posted several reasons why I think I'm right outside of my personal feeling.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its either 2nd or 3rd. That doesnt clearly prove RB is better it just proves there were a lot of elite RBs last year. But how come no Centers. Werent Kelce and Fredricks all pro? The best in the business. How come no Centers inducted in the Hall of Fame in the last 20+ years? How come?
How come only 3 made it if it is the 2nd most important position?
The argument doesn't hold water.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come only 3 made it if it is the 2nd most important position?
The argument doesn't hold water.

How come ZERO Centers made it if their so important. 5 Tackles, some Guards and ZERO Centers. Holds a lot of water.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to warn you guys not to get dragged into this debate with him.

I have seen Superbowls won without top WRs.
I have seen them won without bad ass RBs.
Seen them won with less than Ideal QBs.

Never seen a superbowl won without winning in the trenches.
I dont know of any good OL's if the center sucks. They kind of make the whole line go.

Seems to me to be a pretty important position. We all know this, so I implore you guys to quit trying to teach him. he is incapable.

Which is obvious when he compared importance of centers to part time positions. (KR, Long snapper, punters, PR etc..)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you missed it Morris ran OK until Smith went out so if Zeke went out vs one of our OL I think to team would be OK.

OK probably but it would be a huge hit cause Zeke is a 2000 yard back... Morris ain’t close to that.

But answer my question. Are QB and DE more important then Kickers, Punters and return men?