• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cowboys' vaunted O-line is in shambles

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. Every position is important but there a lot of positions more important then a C. QB, DE, DT, CB, LT, OLB are all way more important then a Center. This long drawn out argument is just so stupid. Remember in high school that fat kid who couldnt play sports and had two left feet. First thing coach would say is, "Put him at Center"

1. A center has not gone in the top 12 in FIFTY FUCKING years. If a GM thought his team was struggling and really needed a Center to get that ring someone, anyone would have drafted one high.

2. Former player and sports analyst did an article on most important positions. Wanna see it? He rated Centers as the 17th most important position. Ranking each position's importance, from quarterback to returner

3. The kid in high school that was too much of a klutz to do anything on the football field got plugged in at Center

4. A Center hasnt gone to the HOF in 20 years... but they are really REALLY important. Tom Brady, Julio Jones, Aaron Donald, Kahlil Mack or Travis Fredricks.... decisions decisions. Man thats a tough one.

5. The NFL ranked the top 100 players but the highest one was ranked. Woops, never mind. Every single position was represented except Kicker, Punter and Center.

But none of this matters right. Jason Kelce was the catalyst to our SB... jesus man.

What about KR/PR?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. Every position is important but there a lot of positions more important then a C. QB, DE, DT, CB, LT, OLB are all way more important then a Center. This long drawn out argument is just so stupid. Remember in high school that fat kid who couldnt play sports and had two left feet. First thing coach would say is, "Put him at Center"

1. A center has not gone in the top 12 in FIFTY FUCKING years. If a GM thought his team was struggling and really needed a Center to get that ring someone, anyone would have drafted one high.

2. Former player and sports analyst did an article on most important positions. Wanna see it? He rated Centers as the 17th most important position. Ranking each position's importance, from quarterback to returner

3. The kid in high school that was too much of a klutz to do anything on the football field got plugged in at Center

4. A Center hasnt gone to the HOF in 20 years... but they are really REALLY important. Tom Brady, Julio Jones, Aaron Donald, Kahlil Mack or Travis Fredricks.... decisions decisions. Man thats a tough one.

5. The NFL ranked the top 100 players but the highest one was ranked. Woops, never mind. Every single position was represented except Kicker, Punter and Center.

But none of this matters right. Jason Kelce was the catalyst to our SB... jesus man.
Here is your problem. You are unable to see that every case is different. By your ridiculous over-generalizations a shitty G is more important than a great Center. It doesn't work that way. For example, there are teams where the QB is not the most important player even though it obviously is the most important player overall. Your view on Football is similar to someone who reads books and scouting reports about it but doesn't watch it. Frederick is of huge importance to the Cowboys. I don't really care whether you agree or not. Will their OL be good enough without him? If the rookie is ready to be the player they think he can be down the road, absolutely. But that doesn't mean Frederick isn't a huge piece to their success. It's an x's and o's thing. Some get it, some don't. Your comment above about HS is ridiculous.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is your problem. You are unable to see that every case is different. By your ridiculous over-generalizations a shitty G is more important than a great Center. It doesn't work that way. For example, there are teams where the QB is not the most important player even though it obviously is the most important player overall. Your view on Football is similar to someone who reads books and scouting reports about it but doesn't watch it. Frederick is of huge importance to the Cowboys. I don't really care whether you agree or not. Will their OL be good enough without him? If the rookie is ready to be the player they think he can be down the road, absolutely. But that doesn't mean Frederick isn't a huge piece to their success. It's an x's and o's thing. Some get it, some don't. Your comment above about HS is ridiculous.

If people were allowed to take 5 players off the Cowboys and have them on their team Fredricks would remain a Cowboy.
I post tons of examples showing Centers aren’t valued but all you Center people think you have some inside scoop and vast knowledge of the game and it’s so ridiculous.
Is ex NFL player Brooks who ranks Center the 17th most important position stupid too. Does his knowledge of the game come from scouting reports too. Does he not get it. Freaking Center... Jesus.
Tyron Smith
DeMarcus Lawrence
Zeek Elliot
Dak Prescott
David Irving
Zack Martin
Sean Lee

Are all more important then Fredricks

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people were allowed to take 5 players off the Cowboys and have them on their team Fredricks would remain a Cowboy.
I post tons of examples showing Centers aren’t valued but all you Center people think you have some inside scoop and vast knowledge of the game and it’s so ridiculous.
Is ex NFL player Brooks who ranks Center the 17th most important position stupid too. Does his knowledge of the game come from scouting reports too. Does he not get it. Freaking Center... Jesus.
Tyron Smith
DeMarcus Lawrence
Zeek Elliot
Dak Prescott
David Irving
Zack Martin
Sean Lee

Are all more important then Fredricks
There are no "Center people" I see here. Just one anti-center person. No one is saying Center is more important than QB. But you really are incapable or separating different thoughts. This is not a conversation about centers, but you don't seem to be able to grasp that. This is a conversation about Travis Frederick's importance to his team. You don't seem to understand that there is a difference between the Cowboys being able to run on 3rd and 2 or not, or keep Snacks Harrison from blowing up the middle of the line every play or not, or from guys pushing the pocket into Dak's face and playing a center off the street. You are wrong. I don't get why you continue to fight an obviously losing battle. He is huge to the Cowboys. I know a lot of people have the ESPN/Fantasy Football mentality and focus on stats and the eye popping plays and watch only the ball and don't follow how much is going on away from the ball or pre-snap. You just seem unable to grasp certain things. I don't even think you feel centers are as worthless as you portray. I think you got yourself into an argument and dug your heels in so deep that you need to make these silly comments. If you think Travis Frederick is not incredibly important to his team there is no sense trying to have a discussion on the topic with you.

Ex-players are often idiots and a lot of their opinions match. He has RB 7 contrary to what I read from "experts" here. He places much too much emphasis on one side of the line than the other. LT vs RT. LC vs RC. The game has evolved to where it is not lopsided at all and his rankings just don't make sense. But go ahead and quote the stories you like. I wonder if he has Travis Frederick as the 17th most important Cowboy. :pound:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Centers aren't important they can just stop by the local Kroger market and pick one up.
Manster Ill take 300 pounds of center cut tenderloin thank you I even let them mix it beef and pork Im not greedy :D

But a NFL caliber center is a hard commodity to come by even with 32 openings in the NFL and how many colleges nation wide d1 d2 d3 schools with at least 1-2 on every team ?
yep like Parcells said about QB they don't grow them on trees
Get well soon Travis the Cowboys will miss you but your health comes first football is after all just a game.

JMHO

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no "Center people" I see here. Just one anti-center person. No one is saying Center is more important than QB. But you really are incapable or separating different thoughts. This is not a conversation about centers, but you don't seem to be able to grasp that. This is a conversation about Travis Frederick's importance to his team. You don't seem to understand that there is a difference between the Cowboys being able to run on 3rd and 2 or not, or keep Snacks Harrison from blowing up the middle of the line every play or not, or from guys pushing the pocket into Dak's face and playing a center off the street. You are wrong. I don't get why you continue to fight an obviously losing battle. He is huge to the Cowboys. I know a lot of people have the ESPN/Fantasy Football mentality and focus on stats and the eye popping plays and watch only the ball and don't follow how much is going on away from the ball or pre-snap. You just seem unable to grasp certain things. I don't even think you feel centers are as worthless as you portray. I think you got yourself into an argument and dug your heels in so deep that you need to make these silly comments. If you think Travis Frederick is not incredibly important to his team there is no sense trying to have a discussion on the topic with you.

Ex-players are often idiots and a lot of their opinions match. He has RB 7 contrary to what I read from "experts" here. He places much too much emphasis on one side of the line than the other. LT vs RT. LC vs RC. The game has evolved to where it is not lopsided at all and his rankings just don't make sense. But go ahead and quote the stories you like. I wonder if he has Travis Frederick as the 17th most important Cowboy. :pound:

I totally am not digging my heels in. It’s just simple football but you guys want to pretend that you have some advanced knowledge of the game. Center? Jesus man... Center?
It has always been QB, T, DE and CB as the four cornerstones.
This argument about Fredricks importance to the team is silly. If you have the worst QB in the history of the game and the greatest extra point holder that ever walked this earth then the place holder is more important to your team???

Honestly I can admit when I’m wrong and have done so many times. But it really looks like I brought up several examples and reasons why I think I’m right and the Center backers just come up with “They are so important and PE1 is an idiot”. Not a great argument IMO.
I’ve listed at least 5 things that illustrate GMs don’t see C as a key position and everyone disagreeing just brings up anecdotes or insults.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Cowboys OL is on shambles, their receivers and TE's are the worst in the league, Dak is overrated, their defense is terrible, they play in the toughest division...I've got 10,000 V that says they win at least ten games if anyone wants to wager

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster Ill take 300 pounds of center cut tenderloin thank you I even let them mix it beef and pork Im not greedy :D

But a NFL caliber center is a hard commodity to come by even with 32 openings in the NFL and how many colleges nation wide d1 d2 d3 schools with at least 1-2 on every team ?
yep like Parcells said about QB they don't grow them on trees
Get well soon Travis the Cowboys will miss you but your health comes first football is after all just a game.

JMHO

Sorry Colors, I should have used the GREEN Sarcasm font.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan was picked #3 overall and makes $30M per year
Aaron Rodgers was picked 24th overall and makes $22M per year.

So from what I've learned here Matt Ryan is way better and more important to his team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL top 100 players top 10
3 QBs
2 WRs
2 RBs
zero LTs

So WR and RB are better than LT. I think I got it now...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 QBs
2 WRs
2 RBs
zero LTs

Let me add a RB was taken #2 in this draft, so that make RB the 2nd most important position.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Cowboys OL is on shambles, their receivers and TE's are the worst in the league, Dak is overrated, their defense is terrible, they play in the toughest division...I've got 10,000 V that says they win at least ten games if anyone wants to wager
LMFAO toughest division?

Skins, Giants, and Cowboys are all terrible.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a Center should just fall flat to the ground after he hikes the ball? No one needs to block that 330lb Nose tackle. Your lover boy Wentz would be dead after 2 or 3 plays. Center is just as important as any of the O-Line.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan was picked #3 overall and makes $30M per year
Aaron Rodgers was picked 24th overall and makes $22M per year.

So from what I've learned here Matt Ryan is way better and more important to his team.
It all depends. Can he play center in a pinch?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 QBs
2 WRs
2 RBs
zero LTs

Sorry but 3 LTs and 2 RTs made the top 100 list. Nice try though Jarntt. ZERO Centers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a Center should just fall flat to the ground after he hikes the ball? No one needs to block that 330lb Nose tackle. Your lover boy Wentz would be dead after 2 or 3 plays. Center is just as important as any of the O-Line.

No it’s not and it’s definitely not more important then left or right tackle. Did I say Centers have no purpose. Kickers aren’t as important as QBs but that’s not me saying Kickers should just fall down and not kick the ball.
You “Centers are so important” people coming up with arbitrary and capricious arguments