• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boys

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest complaint about this show is that it was too good... now I cant wait for season 2, and it aint happening soon enough...

So my recommendation to all, don't watch it until the next season comes...
I don't think this is a good recommendation.

in fact I think it is a terrible recommendation.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is a good recommendation.

in fact I think it is a terrible recommendation.

I know, but I get pissed off every time I toggle from my cable to my Fire tv... and the big picture of the boys is on top, and all they do is advertise it... and I am like, I saw it already, waiting for season 2!!!!!!!!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I watched this, my initial thought was that it was good, but nothing super special.

Letting it sit now for a couple weeks, my opinion of it has gotten more and more positive. In fact, I may rewatch it in the coming weeks.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but I get pissed off every time I toggle from my cable to my Fire tv... and the big picture of the boys is on top, and all they do is advertise it... and I am like, I saw it already, waiting for season 2!!!!!!!!
it was plastered everywhere at San Diego Comic Con and I thought "I am not going to watch this show"

I wish I had gone to one of their panels now. Would have been cool.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess I am in the minority in that I thought the show was enjoyable but pretty deeply flawed. A spoilery observations.

Mother's Milk's motivations make absolutely no sense. They provided no explanation at all for why he would sign back up with Butcher in the first place and risk this entire life that he had built for himself. Now perhaps they gave a very brief explanation but it was so brief I completely forgot about it.

There is no way that Homelander can act with such vicious cruelty all the time and no one would ever notice.

I did like the ending. Good twist without being absurd about it.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess I am in the minority in that I thought the show was enjoyable but pretty deeply flawed. A spoilery observations.

Mother's Milk's motivations make absolutely no sense. They provided no explanation at all for why he would sign back up with Butcher in the first place and risk this entire life that he had built for himself. Now perhaps they gave a very brief explanation but it was so brief I completely forgot about it.

There is no way that Homelander can act with such vicious cruelty all the time and no one would ever notice.

In the comics, it's pretty clear why MM joins The Boys.
In the tv show, not so much.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing Amazon has put out. Can't wait for season 2.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mostly agree.

The show is entertaining to watch, but very poorly written and very spotty acting particularly with a few specific characters. But a bunch of things ultimately didn't make sense and even the ending was set up incoherently.

Unless I am forgetting something... Homelander meets with Stillwell, then meets with the lab guy and that was the end of it. Then later after Homelander and Stillwell hook up, he decides to confront her with their stories not matching? Did I miss something? She said that she didn't know what happened to Becca and the lab guy is the one that gave him a story... so what the fuck were these "details" he was talking about?

I am assuming I must have missed something. But there is a lot in this series thus far that makes no sense, but again, it is entertaining.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming I must have missed something. But there is a lot in this series thus far that makes no sense, but again, it is entertaining.

I like that it is going with an anti-hero approach to super heroes. And hopefully now that it has received generally positive buzz, they will invest in writing better dialogue that is a bit more coherent. That could really elevate this show to being one of the best around rather than an amusing romp

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly agree.

The show is entertaining to watch, but very poorly written and very spotty acting particularly with a few specific characters. But a bunch of things ultimately didn't make sense and even the ending was set up incoherently.

Unless I am forgetting something... Homelander meets with Stillwell, then meets with the lab guy and that was the end of it. Then later after Homelander and Stillwell hook up, he decides to confront her with their stories not matching? Did I miss something? She said that she didn't know what happened to Becca and the lab guy is the one that gave him a story... so what the fuck were these "details" he was talking about?

Vogelbaum said the baby died after it was born.

Stillwell said the fetus died of a miscarriage before it was born.

Homelander noticed the inconsistency in their stories and so knew they were lying.

Last edited:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogelbaum said the baby died after it was born.

Stillwell said the fetus died of a miscarriage before it was born.

Homelander noticed the inconsistency in their stories and so knew they were lying.

I must have missed the Stillwell statement, from what I remember she said she didn't know what happened to Becca.

Anyway, there were a lot of other problems.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see a thread about this show. It looked interesting but I didn't have a Prime account until recently and am just now getting a chance to watch it.

It's pretty awesome but way darker than I expected.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First season was fucking awesome.

Might need to rewatch before 2 comes out soon

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyable. Really dark. Uneven from a storytelling perspective though.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm Stormfront" season 2 first look clip: