• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bowl

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on the 49er passing game though. On that first TD drive on Sunday Garoppolo was sharp; no reason to doubt him because he only needed to throw 8 passes. If they run effectively that might open up some nice play action passing. That is my hope.

Oh I'm not that is more the point if they can run the ball it will eventually open up the passing game. I do believe we see the entire offense involved in this game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not that is more the point if they can run the ball it will eventually open up the passing game. I do believe we see the entire offense involved in this game.
Me too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes. That passing game cannot be stopped and the Chiefs have shown they can stop the run by shutting down Henry on Sunday.
It will take something unusual for the 49ers to win this one but this seems like it is their year so I would not be completely shocked if they did win.

The Titans and 49er's have different running schemes, not to exaggerate but we use more outside stuff utilizing speed. Henry is a little more inside using power. More than that, the Titan blockers are more for power, whereas we're better blockers outside.

The other difference is the Titans can't utilize play action as well as the 49ers. It won't be bad if the Chiefs stack the line against the run, we'll just go to the passing game. We've won some high scoring games when required, not only New Orleans.

It will NOT take anything unusual for the 49er's to win. It will take no turnovers and no slew of bad penalties, they've been mostly avoiding this already.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think any defense can stop the Chiefs but if there is one who has a chance its the 49ers.

Not expecting us to stop the Chiefs cold, but we can slow them down and then force some field goals. Can the Chiefs defense stop the 49ers? The 49er's are balanced but they can still score.

Again, who has the better defense, Vikings, Packers, or Chiefs? How well did the 49er offense do against the Vikings and Packers? We could've score more points, but we didn't have to.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't sleep on the 49er passing game though. On that first TD drive on Sunday Garoppolo was sharp; no reason to doubt him because he only needed to throw 8 passes. If they run effectively that might open up some nice play action passing. That is my hope.

at least don't sleep on the 49er's offense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans and 49er's have different running schemes, not to exaggerate but we use more outside stuff utilizing speed. Henry is a little more inside using power. More than that, the Titan blockers are more for power, whereas we're better blockers outside.

The other difference is the Titans can't utilize play action as well as the 49ers. It won't be bad if the Chiefs stack the line against the run, we'll just go to the passing game. We've won some high scoring games when required, not only New Orleans.

It will NOT take anything unusual for the 49er's to win. It will take no turnovers and no slew of bad penalties, they've been mostly avoiding this already.
Agreed. I heard one of the NFL dudes on ESPN say the 49ers had the most deceptive running game he'd ever seen. He said that you can't tell what they are going to do by formation or personnel like you can with other teams.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not expecting us to stop the Chiefs cold, but we can slow them down and then force some field goals. Can the Chiefs defense stop the 49ers? The 49er's are balanced but they can still score.

Again, who has the better defense, Vikings, Packers, or Chiefs? How well did the 49er offense do against the Vikings and Packers? We could've score more points, but we didn't have to.
I think that is irrelevant because you cannot compare the Vikings and Packers offense with the Chiefs. They can score on a 75 yard three-play drive at any time. Their defense doesn't have to be as good. But the last half of the season I believe it has been one of the league's best defenses.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least don't sleep on the 49er's offense.
When they want to (Cincinnatti, New Orleans, first Green Bay game) their passing offense is excellent.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reminded of the Super Bowl in '84 when the "unstoppable" Miami offense with Dan Marino got blown out in Palo Alto by the 49ers. The 49ers offense did great that day and their defense dominated. Maybe again. You never know

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that is irrelevant because you cannot compare the Vikings and Packers offense with the Chiefs. They can score on a 75 yard three-play drive at any time. Their defense doesn't have to be as good. But the last half of the season I believe it has been one of the league's best defenses.

Everyone is enamoured with the Chiefs passing game and yes, it can at times be explosive. But everyone is underestimating the 49ers offense. Despite two mud bowls against the Redskins and Ravens, guess who scored more points in the regular season?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is enamoured with the Chiefs passing game and yes, it can at times be explosive. But everyone is underestimating the 49ers offense. Despite two mud bowls against the Redskins and Ravens, guess who scored more points in the regular season?
Not me. They have a very good and versatile offense. Mahomes missed three games though didn't he?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not me. They have a very good and versatile offense. Mahomes missed three games though didn't he?

Don't know how many games he missed, but point is everyone is underestimating the 49ers offense. Even if Mahomes did play all 16 games and surpassed the 49ers (479 to 451 now), it wouldn't be by much.

The 49ers can be their own worse enemy by turning it over and getting bad penalties, so NOT saying for sure we'lll win. But going into the game i think the 'public perception' is wrong and i obviously like our chances.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Garoppolo, equal-opportunity hero-maker
It was not always easy for the 49ers during the regular season. In fact, nine of their games came down to the final seconds. Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo led four fourth-quarter comeback victories.

After returning home from a successful two-game road trip to open the season, the 49ers had a tough time against the Pittsburgh Steelers. But Garoppolo found Dante Pettis for a 5-yard touchdown pass for the winning score with 1:15 remaining.

In Week 11, the 49ers also struggled to put away the Arizona Cardinals. But with 31 seconds remaining, Garoppolo hit Jeff Wilson out of the backfield for a 25-yard touchdown to give the 49ers a four-point lead. It was Wilson's only offensive play of the game.

The winning formula changed from week to week. Neither Pettis nor Wilson has played in months, as their spots now are filled by others. Yet, when they were called upon in critical moments, they came through. And the 49ers would not have gained home-field advantage without those contributions.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how many games he missed, but point is everyone is underestimating the 49ers offense. Even if Mahomes did play all 16 games and surpassed the 49ers (479 to 451 now), it wouldn't be by much.

The 49ers can be their own worse enemy by turning it over and getting bad penalties, so NOT saying for sure we'lll win. But going into the game i think the 'public perception' is wrong and i obviously like our chances.
That was good about the Green Bay game. I think they only had one penalty in the game and no turnovers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was good about the Green Bay game. I think they only had one penalty in the game and no turnovers.

That's one of the good things about an effective run game, it reduces the odds of error. We did have one INT and one fumble in the Vikings game too, but we didn't commit a lot of bad penalties in both games.

I'm fine leaning on the run if its as effective as previous two games.

The passing game is FANTASTIC when it works, but higher odds of errors. You may have an INT, incompletion, tipped pass, sack, sack-fumble, receiver bobble, or holding call.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Staley was asked what makes Garoppolo such a great quarterback and leader for the 49ers.

"He's an unbelievable human being, A," Staley responded. "Guys just love being around him. He's a very genuine human being. He comes from unbelievable family — just a salt-of-the-earth kind of guy.

"But then B, here, his preparation. That's always what gets a lot of respect. Guys just preparing exactly how they're supposed to. He knows every single detail of this offense. He knows exactly what his role is for a certain play, what he's supposed to do on this pass play or run play, and he just plays with incredible passion for the football game. He makes you want to be better."

Talk about making those around you better........Ok!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another good thing about running a little more is injuries, less chance of JG and O-linemen getting injured. This isn't a large factor i know, but is something to consider.

Have to admit i didn't think our run game could be THAT effective against the Vikings and Packers. The Chiefs have no choice now but to 'stack' the LOS, they can't allow our run game to be just as effective.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of the good things about an effective run game, it reduces the odds of error. We did have one INT and one fumble in the Vikings game too, but we didn't commit a lot of bad penalties in both games.

I'm fine leaning on the run if its as effective as previous two games.

The passing game is FANTASTIC when it works, but higher odds of errors. You may have an INT, incompletion, tipped pass, sack, sack-fumble, receiver bobble, or holding call.
I love a dominant running game but I think we are going to need more than that if we are to out-score KC

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley was asked what makes Garoppolo such a great quarterback and leader for the 49ers.

"He's an unbelievable human being, A," Staley responded. "Guys just love being around him. He's a very genuine human being. He comes from unbelievable family — just a salt-of-the-earth kind of guy.

"But then B, here, his preparation. That's always what gets a lot of respect. Guys just preparing exactly how they're supposed to. He knows every single detail of this offense. He knows exactly what his role is for a certain play, what he's supposed to do on this pass play or run play, and he just plays with incredible passion for the football game. He makes you want to be better."

Talk about making those around you better........Ok!
There's a reason the 49ers are 21 and 5 when he plays

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love a dominant running game but I think we are going to need more than that if we are to out-score KC

Yes of course we're not going to run it 42 times again. Lean on the run means more run than pass but it doesn't need to be a lot more. But if we're averaging over 5 yards a carry like these last two games, then yes, lean on it a little more.

The Chiefs must start the game with the mentality they'll stop our run. But they'll need to commit a Safety to do it and keep the OLB's a step further out to guard against the outside zone runs. This will open up play action inside the numbers, whether Samuel, Kittle or even Bourne.

This will also give some opportunities for good inside runs. Against both the Vikings and Packers, some inside runs were effective because the OLB's cheated outside.