• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boston Celtics Rebuild by Danny Ainge

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency. Nothing in the NBA offers a quicker way from the shithouse to the penthouse. Free Agency comes with numerous risks as we have seen.

Sometimes you can be a big-market team with a great coach, owner and franchise player in place, Carlisle, Cuban, Dirk- and manage the cap perfectly so you have room- and still fail to attract the guys you targeted.

Sometimes you can take years carving out cap room- and either sign (or quasi sign them in a walk-year trade deal)- like the Knicks did- getting Amare, Melo and Chandler for a combined 55 million or so cap space- and still fall flat on your face because guys get hurt, or underperform.

FRONT COURT. - Sullinger, Zeller, Olynk. Not one of them is a rim protector. All three can stand outside of 15 feet and hit a jumper- they all space the floor. Sullinger has some worrisome injury history. Zeller lacks great strength- but I think he can be a guy who gives you 14 and 8 and shoots 55% and 75% from the FT line- if he continues to develop. Olnyks needs to become a Ryan Anderson type outside shooter if he is going to have a major impact in this league since his athleticism will never allow him to be an even average rim protector/defender/finsher at the rim.

They need a true center that can guard the rim and pull down 10 boards every night and plays with toughness.

CAP Situation-

They are scheduled to have about 26M in cap space next year with the cap estimated to rise to about 66 million. The NEXT year- Wallace FINALLY comes off the books- and Thomas and Bradley are the only players with guaranteed money on the books-

PREDICTION

The Celtics will not make the playoffs this year. Unless they make some major moves in the offseason- and simply use their picks and continue developing and playing for the lotto once more- they wont make it next season- which i think is in their best interest. Get your lotto pick this season- and next season to add a potential high talent guy to Smart.

Leverage the Brooklyn picks and your cap space into acquiring a disgruntled star.....Celtics will be rough next year again- but after that- Ainge will have to turn his assets into impact players

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it's time we discuss the future of the Boston Celtics.

{crickets}

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is somewhat impressive that they're so frisky despite pretty much all of them being bench players or borderline starters.

mcblive

Brady is God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it's time we discuss the future of the Boston Celtics.

{crickets}
Title town is due for another championship. Celtics title looms...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're certainly in the mix for the 8th seed in the East. Think they could make the playoffs next year.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL @ the Boston Celtics. :laugh:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL @ Boston and the Knicks. :L

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we lost to one of the top 2 teams in the NBA 2 days after playing the other top 2 team in the NBA? Shameful

Remind me how the Lakers rebuild is going there, Hammer.

"But, but, they sell out almost every game" :pound:

Last edited:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we lost to one of the top 2 teams in the NBA 2 days after playing the other top 2 team in the NBA. Shameful

Remind me how the Lakers rebuild is going there, Hammer.

"But, but, they sell out almost every game" :pound:

Yep, you're going to make me mad by joking about the Lakers.

Nice try, Bob. It really makes your Celtics not look like the farce they are. :L

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Celtics are a farce, please tell me what the hell the Lakers are. I'm gonna go with dumpster fire

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think will be named Celtics interim coach in about a month?