• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The bizarre world of Tiger Woods.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Tiggers lil' "stinger" 3wood/3iron shot? That was and always will be a go-to shot for him and didn't take a lot of torque to pull off.

Never will understand that one and why he would quit on such a brilliant low flight ball strike.

Always accurate with it too. :noidea:

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it a shame? The guy has made millions and he's getting old.

Well it's a shame for me because i'm a fan, i couldn't care less how much money he's made. And he's not that old, it's Golf.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger Woods Jan 27th 2015 (just a week ago)

"I'm cranking up speed," Woods said. "Speed's coming back up it's going to be a fun year. … My driving has come around a lot faster. I'm a lot longer than I thought I ever could be again. My speed is way back up, and that's fun. I'm touching numbers that I did 15 years ago, so that's cool."

Who in there right mind would have a new swing that puts more pressure on a just repaired back?

For a guy who changes his swing this many times, how was it not a priority to develop a swing that keeps
as little pressure as possible on a bad back? The speed and distance from 15 years ago is worth hurting your back again?

You get this feeling that this is the start of a slow downward spiral for Tiger. On and off the course.
And I know people will say it started years ago. They have a point.

I figured he was talking about being in a car so he can avoid women taking shots at his windows again. :L

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still owes the ex-wifey of lore some 50+ mil from the big D. He better adjust to those yips or he'll be pimpin his own azz to any buyer soon.

My opinion...he recovers and overtakes Jack N in majors by 50 or before Tigger heads off to the Senior Tour.

When you have a net worth approaching $1 billion then $50 M isn't that big of a deal. Also - no doubt Tiger will be able to expand into golf course development (which I believe he already has to an extent) which is basically a license for him to print money.

Trust me - money will not be an issue for Tiger nor even for his great, great, great, great grandkids.
Now winning again may be a problem - we will see.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forget about the talent that's out there. Massive influx of 21 year olds on tour now. Rory, younger US players, the other euros, and Tiger's isn't what he was and it's been because of his short game and his Driver.

5 majors is a lot when you haven't won 1 for how long?

Agree. I am a Tiger fan, but I have a hard time imaging him even being in the running in any major at this time & ultimately his ego may cause him to disappear entirely (at least for a long time). We will see.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I am a Tiger fan, but I have a hard time imaging him even being in the running in any major at this time & ultimately his ego may cause him to disappear entirely (at least for a long time). We will see.

I'm nowhere close to being a Tiger fan. However this is why it's a bit sad.

The reason being is Augusta. Guys like Tiger and Phil know this course so well and it's no mistake they have won here because they both have great short games.

Other majors no. But Tiger should have been a decent threat to win the masters for the next 10 years.
Tiger was good enough that gradually declining skills would not be enough to keep him from contending at Augusta.

But this complete collapse is wholly different. What happened to Tiger's short game would be eaten alive by the treacherous Augusta greens.

Like I said. Sad.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a fan as in rooting for golfers, but I've always liked Tiger...I'm thinking like RJ...I can see him being in the hunt late at Augusta...especially in a year where it's playing harder than normal only b/c the course does require course knowledge.

I do agree with you on his ego...if he can't turn this around in another year or so...I can see him migrating to course design much more.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Scobee (NFL PK) challenges TW to $100k per hole match at SJ Country Club. Even going to give TW 2 strokes per side. :pound:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS: Tiger Woods will play The Masters. He'll get turf toe and withdraw when he's 11 shots back. Good luck and please please try to finish, but who really cares. I've actually really enjoyed watching golf without all the Tiger talk. I'm sure right now ESPN has it all over the place and assembling analyst after analyst so that they can have 5 shows in a row about ' The Decision 2' Tiger Will Play! Comical.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS: Tiger Woods will play The Masters. He'll get turf toe and withdraw when he's 11 shots back. Good luck and please please try to finish, but who really cares. I've actually really enjoyed watching golf without all the Tiger talk. I'm sure right now ESPN has it all over the place and assembling analyst after analyst so that they can have 5 shows in a row about ' The Decision 2' Tiger Will Play! Comical.

It would have had this great balance to the coverage. But it would have had just the right amount of buzz with Rory going for the career grand slam.

That's all out the window now. But at least now I can watch Golf Channel when Brandel Chamblee is on.
He is the one who has the balls to criticize Tiger when he deserves it.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Gary Player's comment is very interesting. I tend to agree with him.

"If Tiger Woods, after he won the U.S. Open by 15 shots, never had a lesson from that day onwards, he would've won 22 major championships minimum".

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger will compete unless he is stinking up the golf course. Then he'll just fake another injury.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Gary Player's comment is very interesting. I tend to agree with him.

"If Tiger Woods, after he won the U.S. Open by 15 shots, never had a lesson from that day onwards, he would've won 22 major championships minimum".

That's a weird statement considering the amount of tourneys he won after that. It's a nice soundbite and everybody has an opinion about Tiger but he's the one that has to swing the club and for whatever reason he felt he had to change things up.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious Tiger is completely over the hill. Did you see some of his swings today? He can't even hold his balance anymore. Real shame, he's not that old, Els is older.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you have to hand it to Tiger. He looks happy and has been humble. He kept it together yesterday - short game was solid, while spraying it everywhere. Swing looks fairly smooth in day 2, especially his irons. His woods have been a little cray-cray tho. 69 today is pretty good.

He's getting more confident. Too bad Jordan is lapping everyone's ass right now.. :clap: Spieth is hunting for Tiger's -18 record!!

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious Tiger is completely over the hill. Did you see some of his swings today? He can't even hold his balance anymore. Real shame, he's not that old, Els is older.

Els is so smooth. Always has been

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you have to hand it to Tiger. He looks happy and has been humble. He kept it together yesterday - short game was solid, while spraying it everywhere. Swing looks fairly smooth in day 2, especially his irons. His woods have been a little cray-cray tho. 69 today is pretty good.

He's getting more confident. Too bad Jordan is lapping everyone's ass right now.. :clap: Spieth is hunting for Tiger's -18 record!!

Perhaps but let's not get carried away. First of all Spieth has to win this tourney. I am pulling for him & believe he will, but there are still two rounds left & anything can happen. Beyond that - it is very tough to stay successful over the long haul.

Let's see how this guy does once he has more success accompanied by more $$, women, media attn, naysayers, etc. Remember - the media & general public love to build a guy up just so that they can subsequently tear them down.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but let's not get carried away. First of all Spieth has to win this tourney. I am pulling for him & believe he will, but there are still two rounds left & anything can happen. Beyond that - it is very tough to stay successful over the long haul.

Let's see how this guy does once he has more success accompanied by more $$, women, media attn, naysayers, etc. Remember - the media & general public love to build a guy up just so that they can subsequently tear them down.

Who's getting carried away? He's 4 shots away from Tiger's dominant & record performance. 64, 66 is strong man. And Spieth lost a playoff last week so yeah he could run out of steam, but he's also been dam consistent the past few weeks. Spieth has a 5 shot lead on a guy that barely any of us know and the guys behind him certainly haven't done much in majors (outside of Rose).

I'm not handing him the trophy, but the kid is firing on all cylinders right now.

We're talking about round 3 and 4 here, not the media and woman afterwards.. These guys all have been getting pussy for years. :lol:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Too many coaches, too many swing changes, couldnt leave well enough alone. Just had to change it for changes sake, I guess. Some people are like that.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that swing, that torque, just has to wear out your back, knees, hips, etc.