• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The BIG hit is becoming a thing of the past

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have ruined defensive football in the NFL. Whittner got screwed yesterday on the first play of the game. I know they are trying to protect players but the big hit has always been a part of the game and now it is being phased out of the NFL through huge fines.

It's just not the same game anymore. It's turned into the ultimate Catch 21 and it could ruin the game down the line.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt but the BIG hit is one of the few things on defense you could use to intimidate the offense. All the rules are slanted toward the offense which is not fair. If they want to eliminate big hits then give up some of the stupid rules that makes receivers have the rule of the roost. You can't even put your hands on a offensive player these days without getting called for something.

The whole thing sux.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have ruined defensive football in the NFL. Whittner got screwed yesterday on the first play of the game. I know they are trying to protect players but the big hit has always been a part of the game and now it is being phased out of the NFL through huge fines.

It's just not the same game anymore. It's turned into the ultimate Catch 21 and it could ruin the game down the line.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt but the BIG hit is one of the few things on defense you could use to intimidate the offense. All the rules are slanted toward the offense which is not fair. If they want to eliminate big hits then give up some of the stupid rules that makes receivers have the rule of the roost. You can't even put your hands on a offensive player these days without getting called for something.

The whole thing sux.

i couldn't agree more

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whitner's hit was 100% clean. it was all shoulder.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget big hits... The way they flagged whitner, seems like tackling is forbidden

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to make those type of penalties reviewable. If the ref had seen a replay of the hit the flag would have been picked up. I also think you should be able to challenge pass interference calls.