• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling the B1G will end up in the Big 12 boat this year, on the outside looking in at the CFP.

IMO, OSU is out already for the CFP, even if they win the B1G for the same reason OU was out last year. So it comes down to PSU, UM and Wiscy. If one of those 3 can go undefeated, they'd get in, but I think we will see every team losing this year, at least 1 in the B1G.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma was tougher than both those teams. What worries me is Michigans defense and Saquon Barkley.

JT only needs to be average if we can get the power run game going.

What you said about JT here ^^^ is just what I've been thinking about Speight. :suds:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a lil disappointed in the B1G. IMO, Purdue and Maryland are really the only ones who are doing better than expected. Indiana might be as well. B1G West has looked horrible. Wisconsin hasn't looked bad, but they haven't looked like a Top 10 team IMO. Iowa struggled vs ISU, Nebraska struggled vs Ark St and lost to Oregon, NW has yet to show up, Minnesota struggled vs Buffalo. Purdue has over-achieved, but wasn't expecting much out of them.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a lil disappointed in the B1G. IMO, Purdue and Maryland are really the only ones who are doing better than expected. Indiana might be as well. B1G West has looked horrible. Wisconsin hasn't looked bad, but they haven't looked like a Top 10 team IMO. Iowa struggled vs ISU, Nebraska struggled vs Ark St and lost to Oregon, NW has yet to show up, Minnesota struggled vs Buffalo. Purdue has over-achieved, but wasn't expecting much out of them.

It's between Iowa and Wisconsin since they are the only two that play good up-front year in and year out.

Advantage to Wisconsin (even if Iowa beats them) because they have the easier cross division schedule.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling the B1G will end up in the Big 12 boat this year, on the outside looking in at the CFP.

IMO, OSU is out already for the CFP, even if they win the B1G for the same reason OU was out last year. So it comes down to PSU, UM and Wiscy. If one of those 3 can go undefeated, they'd get in, but I think we will see every team losing this year, at least 1 in the B1G.

OSU had the best chance of getting in with a loss, IF they beat Oklahoma, because that would have been a measuring stick between conferences.

Wisconsin absolutely has to be undefeated to get in given the weak schedule. No undefeated P5 team will be left out (unless there are 5 of them, which is super unlikely).

But yeah, neither UM nor PSU had a tough enough OOC game this year to easily sustain a loss either. Michigan could get in with one loss in theory, because they play OSU, PSU and Wisconsin, whereas PSU skips Wisconsin and so a loss would probably mean splitting against UM/OSU (not super impressive).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Ohio State wins out, we're in. 3 top 10 wins + Conference title + being Ohio State = playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't say in your opinion, say you hope Ohio State is outta the Playoff picture. And I'm not saying anything like they'll be a lock or @ this point even deserve to get in if they don't lose another game this year, I don't expect that to happen though. Have you already forgotten about the 2014 loss to VT early in the year that season? Who won it all in 2014 again?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio State wins out, we're in. 3 top 10 wins + Conference title + being Ohio State = playoffs.

No chance is it a lock. Oklahoma is the closest to a lock. If they do lose, it'd be to Okie State and they'd get in over OSU. You'd need help from the PAC-12 or ACC, as Bama is pretty much a lock.

If OSU had lost a nail biter at the last second against OU, I'd agree with you. That isn't the case. Personally, I think after the B1G's performance in the last 2 CFP's, it will take an undefeated record to get in or we'd need multiple conferences to have 2 loss conference champs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance is it a lock. Oklahoma is the closest to a lock. If they do lose, it'd be to Okie State and they'd get in over OSU. You'd need help from the PAC-12 or ACC, as Bama is pretty much a lock.

If OSU had lost a nail biter at the last second against OU, I'd agree with you. That isn't the case. Personally, I think after the B1G's performance in the last 2 CFP's, it will take an undefeated record to get in or we'd need multiple conferences to have 2 loss conference champs.
Nah.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's between Iowa and Wisconsin since they are the only two that play good up-front year in and year out.

Advantage to Wisconsin (even if Iowa beats them) because they have the easier cross division schedule.

I would say Wisconsin is clear favorite in the West.

I do agree that Wisconsin losing to Iowa doesn't put Iowa in the lead. Iowa also has Penn State and Ohio State. Michigan State is playing good. And Iowa also needs to beat Wisconsin.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure that's true. I think Bama can drop a game and still get in.. and probably OU as well. The Big12 now has a conf champ game, so OU now has that extra game back to pick up points if needed. Anyways, Clemson looks like a lock in the ACC since FSU lost their QB. The PAC could have issues if it turns into a meat-grinder.. so I guess we'll see what happens there.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan-PSU will be a huge matchup assuming both remain unbeaten

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan-PSU will be a huge matchup assuming both remain unbeaten
My girlfriend and I are working on heading to that one since it's OSU's bye. We have a contact for cheap tickets but I'm having a real bitch finding anywhere to stay.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girlfriend and I are working on heading to that one since it's OSU's bye. We have a contact for cheap tickets but I'm having a real bitch finding anywhere to stay.

That's gonna be extremely tough to find something, especially for that weekend. If you can swing it monetarily, a lot of people actually own homes/apartments near that area that they rent out to people for the weekends during home games during the football season. Might be something worth looking into. I know alot people who have done that before.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without a doubt. Think about it. You have the ACC, Big-12, SEC, B1G and PAC-12 -- only 4 spots.

(If OSU ran the table)
Big 12 is basically guaranteed a spot over OSU. A 1 loss OU gets in over OSU and if Okie State beats OU, they get in over OSU. That is one spot.

Bama is spot #2

PAC-12 USC just played the top team on their schedule already, Washington doesn't play a team ranked in the top 15. So they seem to be on a collision course, where the winner goes to the CFP. That'd be 3 spots.

ACC -- If FSU runs the table they'd be in with the only loss to Bama. If Clemson runs the table they are in. Only way I could see a 1 loss B1G team sneaking in is if Clemson ran the table and lost the CCG.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably true. It's harder for UM than anyone else because we have to play OSU, PSU and Wisconsin -- I think Wisconsin has the easiest path but the least respected one.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's gonna be extremely tough to find something, especially for that weekend. If you can swing it monetarily, a lot of people actually own homes/apartments near that area that they rent out to people for the weekends during home games during the football season. Might be something worth looking into. I know alot people who have done that before.
Have you gone that route? Is it like an AirBnB thing?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the spirit of random predicitons. Rutgers wins the East, Minnesota wins the West!!!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you gone that route? Is it like an AirBnB thing?

I never have, I just know people that have done it for football weekends. I'm not sure how/when they knew/booked, but they've usually done a 2 night rental(Friday & Saturday). When they've gone it's always been like 6-8 people so that may make it easier with the cost being split between that many couples. I live a little over 2 hours from PSU, so when I've gone to games there I would drive up the morning of the game. Never really had a need to stay Saturday night into Sunday morning.