• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is also a key. Run it with the RBs, not Barrett all game.

I think defenses are trying to take away the RB as much as possible. When you use the RPO, you take away the bigger threat.

If OSU were lining up in a pro set and not handing the ball off, I’d understand the frustration. In OSU’s offense, if the defense bite at the end position, Barrett pulls the ball and either runs or throws. Maybe OSU should try some more traditional offensive sets to guarantee Dobbins gets his carries?!?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think defenses are trying to take away the RB as much as possible. When you use the RPO, you take away the bigger threat.

If OSU were lining up in a pro set and not handing the ball off, I’d understand the frustration. In OSU’s offense, if the defense bite at the end position, Barrett pulls the ball and either runs or throws. Maybe OSU should try some more traditional offensive sets to guarantee Dobbins gets his carries?!?
I'd love to see the power-I formation again

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I reading this right, the spread is falling out of favor with OSU fans?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I reading this right, the spread is falling out of favor with OSU fans?
I'm fine with the spread but there is a problem if our best two players (the backs) aren't getting runs. In 2014 and 2015 they made it work just fine not sure why it is so hard to get them carries now. Especially early in ball games.

Do you have 2 blocking backs?
I'm sure we good move a LB or TE around

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can run less read option. Doesn't have to be a traditional set. It was still a spread when Elliot was here and defenses were keying on him even more than Dobbins and Weber.

Cant say this for certain, but I am willing to bet all the games Ohio State has struggled or lost since Meyer, Barrett has been adked to-do too much on the ground

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see the power-I formation again

With a back like Dobbins — I think you guys could do some serious damage in pro sets. With the OSU offense though — much is predicated on how the defense reacts after the snap, so defenses will continue to bite on Dobbins.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can run less read option. Doesn't have to be a traditional set. It was still a spread when Elliot was here and defenses were keying on him even more than Dobbins and Weber.

Very true. I don’t really have the knowledge of your OC’s play calling habits, so not sure if that has something to do with how you run the offense now, over when Zeke was there.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll help with the rain dance.

anigif_sub-buzz-10814-1498241343-15.gif

I will kill you and your damn dirty ape

Hey now....watch it, buddy! That's my girlfriend, and as you can see, she has pretty fast and powerful hands, and she doessn't have much tolerance for Buckeye sympathizers.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three years ago:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might have been the ugliest, worst played P5 game ever.

I wouldn't argue, though here's some others that come to mind:

beamer.0.0.jpeg

M00N was god awful, but I can only look back and laugh.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cant say this for certain, but I am willing to bet all the games Ohio State has struggled or lost since Meyer, Barrett has been adked to-do too much on the ground
He should use more of the RPO for Barrett. Once the back is taken away there should be another outlet. Clemson did that in the bowl last year and it was great.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different year, same old shit...

After Iowa beats UW on Saturday, you can expect even more of the shit talk about how the B1G sucks, no team deserves to be in the FF and all the teams are going to go about 2-6 in the bowl games. I've seen this movie over and over...and the ending is the same...time and again.

No big deal, it's the journey of young men becoming adults and learning life lessons.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After Iowa beats UW on Saturday, you can expect even more of the shit talk about how the B1G sucks, no team deserves to be in the FF and all the teams are going to go about 2-6 in the bowl games. I've seen this movie over and over...and the ending is the same...time and again.

No big deal, it's the journey of young men becoming adults and learning life lessons.

Your pessimism is ruining my day.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And honestly, I cant name a better conference than the big. Big12, Big10, SEC all seem to be in that first tier

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm ok with us going 2-6 in bowl games as long as we get one of those wins because fuck the rest of you.