• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...TMIR's head would implode
Rooting for Rutgers to win the next two so the can finish above Michigan and they finish 5th in the division. Maryland can still finish higher than them as well.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wall Around Wisconsin: How the Badgers Looked Inward to Build a Perennial Power

Wisconsin football has never been more Wisconsin

That strong in-state presence dates back to 1990, when legendary coach Barry Alvarez took charge of the program. He resolved to “build a wall around this state,” and in the process created a culture that remains today in Madison, where he still serves as the Badgers’ athletic director. Successive coaches—especially Alvarez’s successor, Brett Bielema, and Chryst—have kept that barrier intact, building loyalty, cultivating walk-ons, piling up victories and indoctrinating two generations of natives in the Wisconsin Way.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers top 3 receivers and linebackers are all done for the season.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers top 3 receivers and linebackers are all done for the season.

WRs might not be a big blow to them, as the QB isn't great at passing and the offense is built around the run. LBs could be costly as Iowa's OL is probably the best OL Wisconsin will see.

LBs could hurt big time. With Iowa loving passing to TEs and short routes, it could be hard for Wisconsin to stop Iowa's attack to the middle of the field. Also, if Iowa's OL can create holes vs Wisconsin's DL, that could be costly as well.

I hope Iowa doesn't take the fact that the off-tackle in inside-the-tackle runs worked vs Ohio State will work against Wisconsin. Maybe here and there, but I would be shocked if it is effective vs Wisconsin.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs might not be a big blow to them, as the QB isn't great at passing and the offense is built around the run. LBs could be costly as Iowa's OL is probably the best OL Wisconsin will see.

LBs could hurt big time. With Iowa loving passing to TEs and short routes, it could be hard for Wisconsin to stop Iowa's attack to the middle of the field. Also, if Iowa's OL can create holes vs Wisconsin's DL, that could be costly as well.

I hope Iowa doesn't take the fact that the off-tackle in inside-the-tackle runs worked vs Ohio State will work against Wisconsin. Maybe here and there, but I would be shocked if it is effective vs Wisconsin.

As much as I criticize Hornibrook I have to admit he is an extremely accurate passer. His issue is locking onto wrs and having a weaker arm which leads to int's. The WRs we are left with are talented but have drop issues and will allow them to double our team and stack the box.

The lbs hurt as well as the run d has suffered without Orr. Iff Dixon is out at safety and fergasonfergason startsstarts Iowa will easily pass on us deep. If Dixon plays it will allow Wisconsin to play 3 safety safety's and cover the tight ends.

I am worried most about #25 for Iowa.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten football standings, by graduation rates

BIG TEN EAST

BIG TEN WEST

Hard to have a high graduation rate when the players keep leaving to play in the pros. :yes:

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I criticize Hornibrook I have to admit he is an extremely accurate passer. His issue is locking onto wrs and having a weaker arm which leads to int's. The WRs we are left with are talented but have drop issues and will allow them to double our team and stack the box.

The lbs hurt as well as the run d has suffered without Orr. Iff Dixon is out at safety and fergasonfergason startsstarts Iowa will easily pass on us deep. If Dixon plays it will allow Wisconsin to play 3 safety safety's and cover the tight ends.

I am worried most about #25 for Iowa.
I would actually argue that Hornibrook is a very effective QB when he has multiple targets. The injuries hurt because the targets he has will be well covered, leading to INTs.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern: 99 percent

tenor.gif

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually argue that Hornibrook is a very effective QB when he has multiple targets. The injuries hurt because the targets he has will be well covered, leading to INTs.
The Wall Around Wisconsin: How the Badgers Looked Inward to Build a Perennial Power

Wisconsin football has never been more Wisconsin

That strong in-state presence dates back to 1990, when legendary coach Barry Alvarez took charge of the program. He resolved to “build a wall around this state,” and in the process created a culture that remains today in Madison, where he still serves as the Badgers’ athletic director. Successive coaches—especially Alvarez’s successor, Brett Bielema, and Chryst—have kept that barrier intact, building loyalty, cultivating walk-ons, piling up victories and indoctrinating two generations of natives in the Wisconsin Way.

Their tactical recruiting has been great. D line and O line has been mostly in state, RB' come from the East coast, CB's and safeties are out of Florida, LB's are in state and many cases are playing a different position than what they were initially recruited for. Wr's have been starting to come out of Texas and Ohio. No staple state for QB yet. They tried many states so far but not one single great QB has been produced. They've had a couple 5 star QBs including Bart Houston who did play well his last season and particularly the end of the season. Also, transfers have been amazing. This year our transfers have been great. CB Nick Nelson has been one of the best CBs in the country, and olb Grinkle has been a sack leader on this team. RB Chris James has been injured but has been good at times catching out of the backfield.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced he B1G wants them to be competitive. They just want Ohio State to be good. Look at the schedule this year. They get a bye before Penn State, then tried to give them another easy team before Michigan State, and Illinois before Michigan. They set Ohio State up to run through the conference and they tripped up.
Really? Were they trying to set Ohio State up last year when they played Wisconsin (at night, on the road, with Wisconsin coming off a bye week) followed by Penn State (at night, on the road, with Penn State coming off a bye week)? I don't remember you weeping over that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Were they trying to set Ohio State up last year when they played Wisconsin (at night, on the road, with Wisconsin coming off a bye week) followed by Penn State (at night, on the road, with Penn State coming off a bye week)? I don't remember you weeping over that.
Blame Urban Meyer and TV execs for night games. If you want less of them, start losing more. Michigan isn't getting many night games.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame Urban Meyer and TV execs for night games. If you want less of them, start losing more. Michigan isn't getting many night games.

Excellent combination of deflection and side-swipe at the Vagerines! I like it.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even with Stavibrook as your MVP Badgers still won 38-14. Hornytoad scored all the points and his int yards of 100 outgained the entire Iowa offense who had like 2 first downs and 65 total yards.

We had our starting WRs, LB'S and Dixon at safety all out. The backups looked just as good as the starters. This team is so deep it ridiculous. To bad they have the worst qb in the nation and that QB will cost them the NC this season.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Stavibrook as your MVP Badgers still won 38-14. Hornytoad scored all the points and his int yards of 100 outgained the entire Iowa offense who had like 2 first downs and 65 total yards.

We had our starting WRs, LB'S and Dixon at safety all out. The backups looked just as good as the starters. This team is so deep it ridiculous. To bad they have the worst qb in the nation and that QB will cost them the NC this season.

:pound:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no way this team is winning the NC with Stavibrook despite beating Iowa by 24 points who just beat your top ten boys by 27 points. The water boy would be better than Stavibrook, hell even JT Barrett would be just as good.