• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna pin more of the blame on the front office not doing anything/not having cap bandwidth to restock the OL than game plan here - Stafford didn't have time to throw and the Bills weren't blitzing, so lots of tight coverage/double teams +still getting pressure on the QB...that's a defense's wet dream
Well there's certainly a ton of truth to that, but he rarely even looked that direction, unless AROB and Kupp were stacked, outside of their final offensive play, I can't think of any play call where AROB was the first read, at least not judging off of Staffords line of sight/who's he's looking at first. They manufactured plays for the TE, for the other little dude..they could've for AROB

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's certainly a ton of truth to that, but he rarely even looked that direction, unless AROB and Kupp were stacked, outside of their final offensive play, I can't think of any play call where AROB was the first read, at least not judging off of Staffords line of sight/who's he's looking at first. They manufactured plays for the TE, for the other little dude..they could've for AROB
To be fair it didn't look like he was getting separation, maybe as the season progresses.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair it didn't look like he was getting separation, maybe as the season progresses.
Entirely possible/ probable, however, with only two targets, he had very little screen time to see how those routes developed so??

And Stafford had no issues forcing throws to Kupp, Higbee and the other dude, separation or not

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note though, the Bills had the #1 pass defense in the NFL and had an entire off-season to game plan against Kupp and they still couldn't stop him. He's just clearly on another level. And I agree totally with Monkey, if teams can just continue to get pressure with the front 4 and not have to blitz anybody then it's going to be a long season for the Rams. It will also kill any value the running backs might have because they will have to stay in and block. Speaking of Collinsworth (alumnus of my high school) it really cracked me up when he said that other teams might take the mold that the Bills are using and get pressure with just 4 guys and make the Rams move down the field methodically. Well yeah, wouldn't every team do that if they could get pressure with the front 4 which leaves 7 guys to defend the field?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really cracked me up when he said that other teams might take the mold that the Bills are using and get pressure with just 4 guys and make the Rams move down the field methodically. Well yeah, wouldn't every team do that if they could get pressure with the front 4 which leaves 7 guys to defend the field?

what are all these dumb coaches doing in the NFL anyway?
didn't they know they could just get pressure from their front 4 and not have to blitz?!?!?!

Dumb And Dumber GIF

Clemson74

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough, that was exactly as I expected for Akers. Maybe not the 3 touches, but the pathetic production, for sure. I mean, this stuff shows in practice, right?? Why are all these coaches carrying around these RB's with ruptured achillies? Do they think it'll just go away when the lights go in and the stadium is full??

I got a kick out of Collinsworth though..the moron. Kupp having a great day, and he can think of is, 'boy Cooper Kupp really misses having a Robert Woods or OBJ around to take some pressure off' Well, AROB is probably a better all around receiver than either of them, maybe he could take some pressure off, but if you don't ever throw in his general direction, how exactly do you expect him to draw any attention away from Kupp?? Naw, let's just keep tossing 3 yard outs and slants to Higbee and whatever that other polish kids name is. McVay out thinks himself sometimes
The Akers thing wouldn’t have surprised me nearly as much if they hadn’t used him so much as soon as he came back last year. During the playoffs he had 17, 27, 14, and 19 touches. Granted they weren’t all that productive, but then he gets the off-season to recover more and gets 3 touches. Just seems backwards to me, but I might just be a little bitter right now.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1662845019374.png

ESPN misspelled "Bryce Young is terrible all day against a mediocre defense, gets saved by some questionable officiating and the fact that Texas doesn't know how to close out games, and escapes with a one point win against a team they should have blown out."

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit
Not sure how I beat you this week. My team is not good. sure you will rebound.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit
Not sure how I beat you this week. My team is not good. sure you will rebound.
It was an unmitigated disaster all around from the start. Hey maybe my 1st rounder will turn out to be the most valuable of all of them and I don't even have it anymore. There's a really good chance that I start 0-3 now.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally get a W, had to pull the Opposite George strategy from @averagejoe

as most know, I prefer my flex spots to be WR in half or full ppr leagues, and value WRs higher than most RBs, outside of the few workhorse studs, in those formats.

I changed formations this week and rolled out the heavy package!
exploited the Patterson eligibility and moved him into my WR2 spot, started TE and RB in my flex spots and only had 1 real WR in my lineup, lol

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally get a W, had to pull the Opposite George strategy from @averagejoe
Wish i would have done that in my MBBRL leagues where i own Singeltary. Had a hunch he'd have a good day after 2 clunkers, but i chickened out.
Dang.
He had a great day. :doh:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish i would have done that in my MBBRL leagues where i own Singeltary. Had a hunch he'd have a good day after 2 clunkers, but i chickened out.
Dang.
He had a great day. :doh:

Have quite a few shares of ARob and can't believe all the folks I benched in favor of him across my leagues. Will cost me at least 2 if not 3 wins this week.

Tonight Show What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week my guys played like they had be eating::

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have started Goff. ..... at least he's not allergic to TD's.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have started Goff. ..... at least he's not allergic to TD's.
Well, Kyler did fine, not as good as Goff, but fine none-the-less. But man, did my guys suffer from that TD ailment - now I need 40pts from Kupp - not impossible but unlikely. RB position is the difference thus far (51 to 20) and on the TD side 3-0. ....
@TREFF :yo:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kyler did fine, not as good as Goff, but fine none-the-less. But man, did my guys suffer from that TD ailment - now I need 40pts from Kupp - not impossible but unlikely. RB position is the difference thus far (51 to 20) and on the TD side 3-0. ....
@TREFF :yo:
Jacob's had a monster day or I'd be sweating hard (or already beaten outright). Would've liked to see Mahommes actually taking snaps at the goalline rather than trick direct snaps to the TE, and I wonder how long it will take defenses to stop bracketing Chase and letting Higgins go nuts on the other side....but otherwise, I had a pretty lucky week.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long it will take defenses to stop bracketing Chase and letting Higgins go nuts on the other side....but otherwise, I had a pretty lucky week.

Maybe it was me, but I felt like I saw Chase lined up outside a lot against the Dolphins when I figured he'd rip them up from the slot.
Not sure where to look up those type of stats, but would be interesting to see if Chase was outside more than usual last week or just the few plays I noticed.

Burrow also aired it out in the 2nd half vs short pass game

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem isn't the coverage or Higgins. They are both great receivers, so there will be days that one of them has a bigger day than the other. The problem is that Zac Taylor insists on using a running game that is completely inadequate because of that awful offensive line. If Burrow survives the season it will shock me. Joe Mixon right now has 82 carries for 224 yards at a whopping 2.7 yards per carry. Yes 2.7. The only chance they might have is to just line up in punt formation with Mixon as the punter when it's a run and Burrow as the punter when it's a pass. Losing the ten yards might be worth it just to give either of them enough time and space to be able to do something.