• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - it took us awhile to get there but we did get there. ..... still not sure what to think of PAT's with Brady moving on but what the heck. .... some hard negotiations but a pleasure as always.
:suds:
You'd think a bigger emphasis on the run game, but who the hell knows. Theres still viable veteran QB's out there both in FA and available via trade.. Especially via trade...which wouldn't necessarily assume a rushing game uptick. And honestly, the PAT's weren't great offensively with Brady last year, theres a decent chance, they get better.

You let me know when you wanna take a stab at Damien Harris, just know that I've still got expectations that he takes Michel's job in camp :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're taking opposite approaches here - I'm stock piling WRs and you're stock piling RBs, lol
Well, I shopped the heck out of Conley and no one wanted to pay more a nickle. ... in most cases a penny. As for Hooper, I just didn't feel good about having 3 pass catchers on the Browns. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I shopped the heck out of Conley and no one wanted to pay more a nickle. ... in most cases a penny. As for Hooper, I just didn't feel good about having 3 pass catchers on the Browns. ....

I think everyone sees that as the Chark show right now, and not sure Jags/Gardener can support more than Fournette and 1 WR. New coaches need to inject some life into that team, they've given up 2 seasons in a row. not sure if its bad locker room atmosphere or what

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Conley? At the risk of sounding like a friggin dumbass, I honestly had to look him up.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think a bigger emphasis on the run game, but who the hell knows. Theres still viable veteran QB's out there both in FA and available via trade.. Especially via trade...which wouldn't necessarily assume a rushing game uptick. And honestly, the PAT's weren't great offensively with Brady last year, theres a decent chance, they get better.
You let me know when you wanna take a stab at Damien Harris, just know that I've still got expectations that he takes Michel's job in camp :)
Well, that could happen - but at least I'll have the comfort of getting a next 2nd for a guy I didn't feel nearly as great about after going to CLE. ... guess time will tell - and the reverse is always a possibility - by now everyone knows pretty much everyone knows most of my team is open for sale. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Conley? At the risk of sounding like a friggin dumbass, I honestly had to look him up.
That was the general reaction to my shopping .....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was the general reaction to my shopping .....

run-first school in college (GA), a couple splash games with Chiefs before going to Jags....yeah, he's been under the radar/un-noticeable

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading the ESPN article on the Bucs signing Tom Brady and I came across this staggering difference. We've all ready that Arians likes to throw the ball deep and his quarterbacks average a lot of air yards and Brady doesn't, but I didn't realize how big of a difference it was until this little snippet from Bill Barnwell:

Fantasy managers who have Evans or Godwin in a league are likely licking their chops at the idea of swapping out the scattershot Winston for Brady. I wouldn't be so sure. For one, as I mentioned, I would expect Brady to be throwing downfield far less frequently than Winston did in 2019. Winston generated 6,341 air yards a season ago. Although Brady threw only 13 fewer attempts than his predecessor, those throws produced 4,371 air yards. There won't be as many big plays to go around for two of the league's most devastating downfield threats.

That's 2000 freaking air yards less. That's a Grand Canyon size difference.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading the ESPN article on the Bucs signing Tom Brady and I came across this staggering difference. We've all ready that Arians likes to throw the ball deep and his quarterbacks average a lot of air yards and Brady doesn't, but I didn't realize how big of a difference it was until this little snippet from Bill Barnwell:

Fantasy managers who have Evans or Godwin in a league are likely licking their chops at the idea of swapping out the scattershot Winston for Brady. I wouldn't be so sure. For one, as I mentioned, I would expect Brady to be throwing downfield far less frequently than Winston did in 2019. Winston generated 6,341 air yards a season ago. Although Brady threw only 13 fewer attempts than his predecessor, those throws produced 4,371 air yards. There won't be as many big plays to go around for two of the league's most devastating downfield threats.

That's 2000 freaking air yards less. That's a Grand Canyon size difference.
Yeah, I'm giving both Evans and Godwin a slight downgrade after that signing too. On the bright side, 39 less tutno ERS, and what SHOULD be a higher efficiency offense, means more scoring chances, and both Evans and Godwin are decent in the redzone..so it won't be too bad...just not gonna have those big shot plays very often, and that was the majority of thier points

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will definitely be a much more efficient offense, not the 'chuck it downfield cause I put us in a 2 score hole' like it was a last year.

give me Evans over Godwin in standard, and Godwin over Evans in PPR
doubtful they both return top 10 WR value again this year, but both could easily still end up top 15-20

Not like TB has any RBs on the current roster that will steal red zone touches from the WRs, and Arians has said a bunch of times that RB isn't a roster priority, so never know.

No one can be happy about the fantasy implications of this signing, but I think it realistically could be good for their real life W-L record.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will definitely be a much more efficient offense, not the 'chuck it downfield cause I put us in a 2 score hole' like it was a last year.
doubtful they both return top 10 WR value again this year, but both could easily still end up top 15-20
Not like TB has any RBs on the current roster that will steal red zone touches from the WRs, and Arians has said a bunch of times that RB isn't a roster priority, so never know.
No one can be happy about the fantasy implications of this signing, but I think it realistically could be good for their real life W-L record.
And that's the bottom-line for those paying the $$

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder how long that'll last once Brady pipes up and says, "well in NE we just handed to Dillon/Blount and then walked off the field for Gatorade"

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder how long that'll last once Brady pipes up and says, "well in NE we just handed to Dillon/Blount and then walked off the field for Gatorade"

I know Arians might have said that, but if you sign a 42 year old quarterback then you are all in the next couple of years and you are going to give him all the help you can. So it would not surprise me at all if they end up signing a running back. Brady can't survive with the running game that Tampa had last year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it would not surprise me at all if they end up signing a running back.

this will be the 3rd yr in a row us fantasy managers are expecting TB to sign one of the good FA RBs, lol
not saying it won't happen, but I stopped believing it would happen because it makes so much damn sense for it to happen.

it's like they are just toying with us!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this will be the 3rd yr in a row us fantasy managers are expecting TB to sign one of the good FA RBs, lol
not saying it won't happen, but I stopped believing it would happen because it makes so much damn sense for it to happen.

Well yeah, but they didn't go out and sign a 42 year old quarterback any of those other years. Their window of winning is very small right now.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Arians might have said that, but if you sign a 42 year old quarterback then you are all in the next couple of years and you are going to give him all the help you can. So it would not surprise me at all if they end up signing a running back. Brady can't survive with the running game that Tampa had last year.
I whole heartedly agree. You ain't tossing 30 million to a 42 year old QB, and not give him a dependable safety blanket, or at minimum someone that understands blitz pickups and can step up and help protect him.

I'm not saying they go get Gordon, that's highly unlikely, but a Hyde, or Miller, or Shady, Freeman. heck even Gore or Crowell, assuming his Achilles is good to go.

And guys like Riddick, Chris Thompson, and especially Dion Lewis just make way too much sense.

Think about it though, anytime a RB got Brady lit up? That dude was rarely seen from again, and usually on another team as soon as possible. Somehow I think that was at least equally due to Brady wanting him gone as it was to BB pulling the trigger.

They've gotta get someone, Ronnie Jones ain't it, and I doubt they trust a rookie, although they should get one of those too.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are waiting to get advise from the HOU staff. ..... which would likely be trade Evans to MIA for Laird. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since there aren't really many threads that people are actually paying attention to, I can't believe this just happened:
They had to eat a ton of dead money to cut him. The knee must be getting worse than talked about.

Rams released RB Todd Gurley with a post-June 1 designation.
Gurley just signed a "four-year, $60 million" extension in July 2018. The Rams spent weeks trying to trade Gurley but could not find a taker for his albatross of a deal. Even with the post-June 1 designation, the move provides only modest salary cap relief ($5.5 million this year). It was prompted by a $10.5 million roster bonus that was about to come due. The Rams benefit more in terms of real cash than salary cap. Gurley was cruising along as one of the best non-quarterback offensive players in the league until ankle and knee issues began to slow him down in late 2018. He was not himself in the playoffs and the reduced form carried over to 2019, where he averaged 3.8 yards per carry. Although he is still only 25 years old, Gurley's knee issues are chronic. His release further gluts the running back market.