• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G Thread

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah, for damn sure! even though it's not a 'traditional' rivalry...even though the two winningest teams in cfb history have been playing since 1887?...gad

and

OSU won't be challenged until Bucky visits on 28SEP.

That's MSU/ND, not scum/ND.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's MSU/ND, not scum/ND.

from wiki/MICH-ND Rivalry: First meetingNovember 23, 1887
Michigan 8, Notre Dame 0

first meeting between MSU and ND was much much later...in 1897. Yall barely squeaked the win...34-6.

:suds:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: 1887

Consider it free instruction on how to play football. :suds:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• $T2eC16N,!)EE9s2ufhUEBRQK5RR4Sg~~60_12.jpg
    $T2eC16N,!)EE9s2ufhUEBRQK5RR4Sg~~60_12.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 66

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from wiki/MICH-ND Rivalry: First meetingNovember 23, 1887
Michigan 8, Notre Dame 0

first meeting between MSU and ND was much much later...in 1897. Yall barely squeaked the win...34-6.

We've pretty much played State ever since then though, there's been long breaks in the ND-Mich series.

vs UM Series record
Michigan leads, 23–16–1 =40 games

vs St. Series record
Notre Dame leads, 46–28–1 = 74 games

Last edited by a moderator:

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add, we only played Michigan 18 times before 1990, and 6 of those games were before ND was the Fighting Irish.

:lol: @ Michigan claiming those wins. The series will be tied after this Saturday!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND or MICH? makes no great nevermind to me...I can't stand either.

Must admit, though, I've been a Michigan State fan since the 'game of the century' in 1966 (and an alum since 1975.)

MSU has two great rivalries - ND and MICH...neither of which considers us a 'worthy' rival...which is just fine with me as long as we can squeak out an occasional W on yer pompous asses.

Good luck vs the Skunkbears this Saturday...I wish yall could both lose.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND or MICH? makes no great nevermind to me...I can't stand either.

Must admit, though, I've been a Michigan State fan since the 'game of the century' in 1966 (and an alum since 1975.)

MSU has two great rivalries - ND and MICH...neither of which considers us a 'worthy' rival...which is just fine with me as long as we can squeak out an occasional W on yer pompous asses.

Good luck vs the Skunkbears this Saturday...I wish yall could both lose.

Feeling is mutal! As much as I hate to say it I respect UM and USC. I've had a burning hatred for MSU after yall planted your flag in our field in '05. State blows :finger:

:tea:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling is mutal! As much as I hate to say it I respect UM and USC. I've had a burning hatred for MSU after yall planted your flag in our field in '05. State blows :finger:

:laugh3:

yah, that was way coo.
you do realize, don't you? that one of ND's players had planted a flag along the sidelines in E. Lansing after your pukey win the year before (kinda sorta pissed off quite a few Spartans, who remembered.) What happened in South Bend was just a simple lesson on how to plant a flag correctly. But, thank you, I do enjoy hearing yall still whining and moaning about it after all these years. (what? no mention of 'little giants?')

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

yah, that was way coo.
you do realize, don't you? that one of ND's players had planted a flag along the sidelines in E. Lansing after your pukey win the year before (kinda sorta pissed off quite a few Spartans, who remembered.) What happened in South Bend was just a simple lesson on how to plant a flag correctly. But, thank you, I do enjoy hearing yall still whining and moaning about it after all these years. (what? no mention of 'little giants?')

Yall can't go planting flags on the field of a school that owns you though, it's just silly. :heh:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah, that was way coo.

so coo it served as the inspiration for a collegiate product I licensed, produced and marketed...you might have seen a couple hundred of my little Spartan flags poked in yards and surrounding ND Stadium these last couple of years.
:becky:

Attachments

• row a dobbers (2).jpg
    row a dobbers (2).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 60

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you cannot accurately tell me right now what the flaws were and how his offense is going to exploit them and beat us, then you're simply being biased. Also, since when is scoring 13 points with 258 total yards "moving the ball against our vaunted defense"?

If you also think they're gonna hold our offense back, one that hit for 35 on them last year when we were in our infancy and just learning how to run his playbook, then you're also simply being biased. Do upsets happen sometimes? Sure. Looking at it right now, is there anything that would even remotely suggest it? Not at all.

I didn't say consistently, but for a team like Buffalo, scoring 13 and getting 258 yards against Ohio State is very good for them, and troublesome for Ohio State.

Read any analyst's take on the game, and they do say the defense is still a question mark.

Maybe you missed the part when I said, "this is still only week one." But I can only comment on what I see, and from what I saw on week one, Michigan looked like the better team. Talk about being biased, you cannot even see the flaws in your on team. Your blind homerism amuses me greatly. :laugh3:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say consistently, but for a team like Buffalo, scoring 13 and getting 258 yards against Ohio State is very good for them, and troublesome for Ohio State.

Read any analyst's take on the game, and they do say the defense is still a question mark.

Maybe you missed the part when I said, "this is still only week one." But I can only comment on what I see, and from what I saw on week one, Michigan looked like the better team. Talk about being biased, you cannot even see the flaws in your on team. Your blind homerism amuses me greatly. :laugh3:

1. Once again, tell me the specific flaws in our defense. Other than the fact we were missing our top 2 defensive backs, leaving us with 10 new starters, what exactly do we need to change going into the Cal game?

2. What the hell does this have to do with Michigan? I couldn't care less about how you think you guys looked, so I'm not sure why you're seeking validation when it hasn't even been brought up.

Please, provide me all of these analysts that are saying how we have so many question marks with our defense.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Once again, tell me the specific flaws in our defense. Other than the fact we were missing our top 2 defensive backs, leaving us with 10 new starters, what exactly do we need to change going into the Cal game?

2. What the hell does this have to do with Michigan? I couldn't care less about how you think you guys looked, so I'm not sure why you're seeking validation when it hasn't even been brought up.

Please, provide me all of these analysts that are saying how we have so many question marks with our defense.

How about that they let a team that went 4-8 last year get 258 yards and 13 points. If you are a team that hopes to contend for a Big Ten title (let alone a national title) you are going to have to do much better than that. And I'm sorry, I don't watch game tape over and over again, but from what I saw, the Buckeye defense was failing the "eyeball test." They did not look good. They were a bend but don't break defense, and sometimes lucky (that 4th and goal on the 1 when what stopped Buffalo was a bad snap, not the defense). That'll work against a Buffalo, but not a Michigan, or a Wisconsin or maybe even a Cal. And sure, having Roby back will help, but he won't instantly make the rest of the defense any better. You are really reading way too much into this, all I said is that Cal will challenge the Ohio State defense. Heck I didn't even say that they would beat Ohio State, and if I was a betting man, I would bet on Ohio State. But I would not be surprised if Cal pulls the upset (the nearly did last year, and this year they get the home field advantage). So once again, someone even hints at the slightest flaw in Ohio State and their coach St. Urban and you go into hyper-defensive mode. Methinks doth protest too much, and it's cute.

And oh:
Instant analysis: Ohio State Buckeyes 40, Buffalo Bulls 20 - ESPN
"a rebuilding defense made do"

Ohio State Looks Beatable Despite Easy Win over Buffalo | Bleacher Report
"defense showed some of the same flaws it did last season"

Buffalo vs. Ohio State 2013 game recap: Buckeyes outlast Bulls 40-20 - SBNation.com
"their lack of depth on defense was exposed by a Buffalo team who wasn't expected to be an offensive dynamo"

And I remember Gerry Dinardo of the BTN say on their "Final Drive" stating that the Ohio State defense was not a "championship defense"

Not bad, but not exactly glowing reviews, but again, this is still only week one we are talking about. Still one would expect when a team like Ohio State faces a team like Buffalo, even if there is a lot of new starters playing a vanilla scheme they would do a better job. So like I said from the beginning, we will learn a lot more about this Ohio State week 3, especially since it looks like SDSU shouldn't be a challenge after they laid an egg against Eastern Illinois.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once again, someone even hints at the slightest flaw in Ohio State and their coach St. Urban and you go into hyper-defensive mode.

So because I asked you to point out specifically how our defense struggled, that makes me hyper-defensive? I never once got angry or upset, I merely asked you show that you know what you're talking about. How does that make me hyper-defensive?

Methinks doth protest too much, and it's cute.

That's just fucking creepy. Like seriously. Don't say that anymore.

In regards to your links, did you notice how only one was written by an acknowledged analyst (ESPN), and it hardly made mention of it? The bleacherreport.com article (LOL to showing this as an "analyst", btw) was written by a Wisconsin writer (why would he call OSU beatable? :scratch:) and the other one also mentioned the obvious that, by the 2nd quarter, OSU literally had 11 brand new starters on the field on defense.

Once again, the defense gave up 13 points to a team who gave it their absolute 100% best shot. I'll take that. You can speculate all you want, it won't do any good. People were calling our defense out after last year's games vs. UCF and UAB, and we still shut you down.

BTW - go ahead and look up what Buffalo did last year against the same UGA team that was 4 yards from the NCG.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because I asked you to point out specifically how our defense struggled, that makes me hyper-defensive? I never once got angry or upset, I merely asked you show that you know what you're talking about. How does that make me hyper-defensive?

That's just fucking creepy. Like seriously. Don't say that anymore.

In regards to your links, did you notice how only one was written by an acknowledged analyst (ESPN), and it hardly made mention of it? The bleacherreport.com article (LOL to showing this as an "analyst", btw) was written by a Wisconsin writer (why would he call OSU beatable? :scratch:) and the other one also mentioned the obvious that, by the 2nd quarter, OSU literally had 11 brand new starters on the field on defense.

Once again, the defense gave up 13 points to a team who gave it their absolute 100% best shot. I'll take that. You can speculate all you want, it won't do any good. People were calling our defense out after last year's games vs. UCF and UAB, and we still shut you down.

BTW - go ahead and look up what Buffalo did last year against the same UGA team that was 4 yards from the NCG.

I know, I know. St. Urban is an immortal god of college football who will never leave Ohio State, and they will never loose another game every again.

:crazy:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know. St. Urban is an immortal god of college football who will never leave Ohio State, and they will never loose another game every again.

:crazy:

Bout time you recognized.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to my first ever Michigan State football game next Saturday when the Spartans host the South Florida Bulls.

well sir, looks like you've got a dandy weather day to see your first Snakes game...Sparty On!

even though noon tick offs suck big asse. I'll be lounging back with a couple of friends (Fat Tire and 420 Pale) and some vitamin M. Hoping to see ONE of the FOUR qbs finally take the reins, connect with our greasy-fingered receiver corps and put up more points than the Snakes' defense does.

Go Green!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Spartan fans, is this season going to be the last chance for Michigan State to make it to the B1G championship game for a while?

The Spartans have the perfect divisional crossover schedule this year (Indiana, Illinois, Purdue).

But, a bigger factor could be the loss of DC Pat Narduzzi at the end of the year. With all the probable/impending coaching changes to occur across the CFB nation, I have a feeling Narduzzi is finally going to get his chance at a head coaching job.....and without the defensive genius of Narduzzi, will the Spartans begin to slide in the B1G football hierarchy?

And an even bigger factor could be being in the same division as both Ohio State & Michigan beginning next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in here and I'm getting sleepy all of a sudden...

Good night ice fisherman dudes.