• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G Thread

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey B1G fans, here is some heads-up travel info for those of you planning future trips to Michigan for games at both The Big House & Spartan Stadium.

I just want to let you folks know about the Michigan Flyer bus service out of Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). This is an economical method to travel from DTW to both Ann Arbor and East Lansing.

The Michigan Flyer service operates 12 trips per day from DTW to Ann Arbor, and very soon MF will be increasing to 12 daily trips between DTW and East Lansing. The buses feature free WiFi and free water, and 110 volt outlets at each seat.

The current one-way cost for the DTW to Ann Arbor service is only $15.....and the one-way cost for DTW to East Lansing is only $36.

I hope this info helps you folks plan your future trips to both The Big House and Spartan Stadium.

Here is the website for Michigan Flyer:
Michigan Flyer > Home

Note: I am not affiliated with the Michigan Flyer company nor DTW airport, I'm simply giving folks some heads-up travel info.

Be well.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey B1G fans, here is some heads-up travel info for those of you planning future trips to Michigan for games at both The Big House & Spartan Stadium.

I just want to let you folks know about the Michigan Flyer bus service out of Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). This is an economical method to travel from DTW to both Ann Arbor and East Lansing.

The Michigan Flyer service operates 12 trips per day from DTW to Ann Arbor, and very soon MF will be increasing to 12 daily trips between DTW and East Lansing. The buses feature free WiFi and free water, and 110 volt outlets at each seat.

The current one-way cost for the DTW to Ann Arbor service is only $15.....and the one-way cost for DTW to East Lansing is only $36.

I hope this info helps you folks plan your future trips to both The Big House and Spartan Stadium.

Here is the website for Michigan Flyer:
Michigan Flyer > Home

Note: I am not affiliated with the Michigan Flyer company nor DTW airport, I'm simply giving folks some heads-up travel info.

Be well.

I live plenty close to drive, but this is some solid stuff here. Good info buddy :suds:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live plenty close to drive, but this is some solid stuff here. Good info buddy :suds:

IM's post reminded me of a friend of mine, a Spartan planning his first trip back to E.Lansing in decades, who told me he couldn't wait to "fire it up at the Gables" when he gets back. ??? I told him things have changed some since 1967. And that's the point ~ It'd be considered a kindness for B1G folks who are current with good bars, restaurants, hot spots in B1G towns, for the benefit of newbs and old farts like...hell, I can't even remember the name of the place on Abbott Rd we tanked up at last year.

btw, Iowa Illinois Wisconsin and PSU do the B1G proud...
2013-2014 Princeton Review of the nation's best Party Schools follows:

1. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
2. University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
3. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.
4. West Virginia University, Morgantown W. Va.
5. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
6. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
7. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
8. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
9. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
10. Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
11. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
12. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
13. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
14. University of Mississippi, University, Miss.
15. University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
16. Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio
17. University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
18. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
19. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
20. University of Oregon, Eugene, Ore.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grats to the gophers tonight, running roughshod over the rebels 51-23...
and
huzzahs to the hoosiers tonight, outscoring the sycamores 73-35.

not a bad start to the B1G season

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hoosiers will be fun to watch this year. I see some high scoring games on the horizon.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan Snakes host the Western Michigan Broncos in Spartan Stadium @ 8pm tonight on BTN.
Looking for any kind of offense and some kind of defense.

Got a iced-down sixer of Bell's Two-Hearted, a couple super sticky noogs of chocolope and a pizza on order. Pumped for the season to get started.

Green at last, Lawd...Green at last!

:suds:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumped for the season to get started.

I'm going to my first ever Michigan State football game next Saturday when the Spartans host the South Florida Bulls. My bank (Columbus based Huntington, which is a big sponsor of Spartan sports) was giving away tickets earlier this week to their existing customers.

I'm an old fart suffering from arthritis, but I researched some info on the MSU handicapped lot & shuttle rides directly to the stadium entrance gate area, so I should be good to go!

Yay! I can hardly wait!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to my first ever Michigan State football game next Saturday when the Spartans host the South Florida Bulls. My bank (Columbus based Huntington, which is a big sponsor of Spartan sports) was giving away tickets earlier this week to their existing customers.
I'm an old fart suffering from arthritis, but I researched some info on the MSU handicapped lot & shuttle rides directly to the stadium entrance gate area, so I should be good to go!
Yay! I can hardly wait!

First game in Spartan Stadium? Awesome...good for yah!
Your step will lighten, your pains will flee, a smile will fix itself upon your face forever.

Glow Green!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan Snakes host the Western Michigan Broncos in Spartan Stadium @ 8pm tonight on BTN.

Got a iced-down sixer of Bell's Two-Hearted, a couple super sticky noogs of chocolope and a pizza on order. Pumped for the season to get started.

I'll be tuned in for sure.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'd better hope that doesn't all come up once State's offense displays their prowess. :yahoo:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drummond trapped that but the Sparty D will force plenty of TOs this season.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's possible for a team's defense to score more points than the opponent's offense...this Spartan D will do it.

<sfx: groan>

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's possible for a team's defense to score more points than the opponent's offense...this Spartan D will do it.

omfg...it's possible all right!...they did it!
gee...another milestone for Sparty's D;
another embarrassment for Sparty's O.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wk #1 - The Good, The Meh, The Ugly

The Good:
INDIANA crushes ISU 73-35 (raining TDs in Bloomington? Wait...those were IU TDs? Wonderful!)
MINNESOTA romps on UNLV 51-23 (Do that again vs New Mexico and people might start believing.)
MICHIGAN rolls over hapless CMU 59-9 (Skunkbears allow 9 Pity points? ND next week will be telling.)
NORTHWESTERN cranks Cal w/out Cain 44-30 (Fitz's boyz iz fer real...it would seem, eh?)
WISCONSIN rubs UMASS 45-zip (say wot? OSU has company in Leaders? good stuff.)

The Meh:
OHIO SNAKES double-up Buffalo 40-20 (Meyer had his hammer out and hit his thumb.)
PENN SNAKES edge a feisty Cuse 23-17 (and they're happy in the Valley as a result.)
MICHIGAN SNAKES stumble past WMU 26-13 (Spartan sofas everywhere breathe a sigh of relief.)
ILLINOIS barely manages SIU 42-34 (enjoy the victory; next week vs Cincy and back to ugly status.)
NEBRASKA slithers by Wyoming 37-34 (would imagine few in Lincoln are anything but disappointed.)

The Ugly:
IOWA takes it on the chops from NIU 27-30 (Huskies are good, but...Hawkeyes blew it big time.)
PURDUE embarrassed by Cincy 7-42 (Bearcats are very good, but...aw, fuck it, Purdue just sucks.)

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wk #2 - Predictions

1-0 MINNESOTA @ 0-1 NEW MEX STATE...Gophers get all giddy going 2-0...ski-u-mah.
1-0 INDIANA vs 0-0 NAVY...Hoosiers cop a good, solid win over the Midshipmen...IU's for real...for now.
1-0 MICHIGAN SNAKES vs 0-1 USF...Sparty squeaks out another near-couch-burner victory...angsty times in ELansing.
1-0 SKUNKBEARS vs 1-0 NOTRE DAME...a million Wolverines and 10 million Walverines will revel in tearing Notre Dame a new asshole.
1-0 OHIO SNAKES vs 0-1 SDSU...ho hum ruthless slaughter in Columbus...pitiful SDSU lost 19-40 to Eastern Illinois? (jebus, I didn't even know E. Illinois existed!)
1-0 PENN SNAKES vs 1-0 EMU...Nitts win convincingly over a surprising MAC contender.
0-1 PURDUE vs 0-1 ISU...ISU put up 35 on IU; they'll do much better against the hapless Boilermakers.
0-1 IOWA vs 0-1 MizzouSt...Hawkeyes take out their frustration...don't feel any better with the win though.
1-0 WISCONSIN vs 1-0 TnTech...Bucky cruises to 2-0, but skitters early (TT put up 63pts yesterday).
1-0 NORTHWESTERN vs 0-1 Syracuse...Wildcats will get it up and take the game from a game Cuse.
1-0 ILLINOIS vs 1-0 Cincinnati...Miracles happen, but not in Champaign this week...Bearcats roll.
1-0 NEBRASKA vs 0-1 S.Miss...This one won't be pretty, unless you enjoy touring abattoirs.

Game of the week: ND @ MICH

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the teams expected to compete for the Big Ten title this year, only two looked impressive week one; Michigan and Wisconsin.

I'll give Northwestern some slack as they had the biggest challenge in the Big Ten week one, on the road at another AQ school.

MSU and Nebraska showed some serious flaws, and they were more or less what we expected. Offense for MSU and defense for Nebraska.

Ohio State didn't look bad, but they didn't look great either. This is Buffalo we are talking about, and they did a better job hanging around than they should, and it took Ohio State longer than it should to break away.

While Michigan and Wisconsin did what they were suppose to do, dominate the lesser opponent to the point of being able to get quality game snaps for 2nd/3rd string players.

Now, that all being said, this is still only week one. So how telling any of these games are? Meh, that's debatable. We will learn much more in the weeks to come.