• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The All-time Screw Job Teams

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Since the Niners got a good ol' screw job in Superbowl 47 (all of their mistakes notwithstanding, they did get screwed), what are some other teams in any sport who got similar screw jobs? Other than SB 47, I can think of:

The '83 Niners
The '04 Seahawks
The '02 Kings
The '08 Cardinals
The 2007 Chargers
...and I'm pretty sure the '01 Trailblazers (I think it was 2001) got a nice screw job too (from what I hear). I didn't actually watch that series.

And didn't the Cubs get screwed by a fan who caught a ball over the out-fielder? That one was too funny.

Those are the ones that stand out to me. Can anyone think of any others?

Yes, I know this is probably a really contentious thread, but we have have all offseason.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Niners got a good ol' screw job in Superbowl 47 (all of their mistakes notwithstanding, they did get screwed), what are some other teams in any sport who got similar screw jobs? Other than SB 47, I can think of:

The '83 Niners
The '04 Seahawks
The '02 Kings
The '08 Cardinals
The 2007 Chargers
...and I'm pretty sure the '01 Trailblazers (I think it was 2001) got a nice screw job too (from what I hear). I didn't actually watch that series.

And didn't the Cubs get screwed by a fan who caught a ball over the out-fielder? That one was too funny.

Those are the ones that stand out to me. Can anyone think of any others?

Yes, I know this is probably a really contentious thread, but we have have all offseason.

Nothing tops the fucking the 49ers got from the refs in the 83 NFC Championship game. I'll never get over that.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The screw job the 49ers got in 1997 deserves to be there, that got the infamously worthless "Apology from the League" for the officials mistakes...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh by the way, I think the 1998 Packers were a rare example of them being on the wrong side of a screw job (against the Niners). Rice did fumble on that reception.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about the no-call on sanders when he was all over irvin in the 95 nfc championship after we spotted the niners 21 points and cut the lead to 7

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm blanking on that one. 1997?

Favre had a short pass to their fullback Henderson, he caught it took a step or two and turned up field "a football move" which was all that was required back then for a catch...and he got hit and fumbled and Gary Plummer picked it up and had a clear run up the sidelines for a TD. The Refs quickly called it an incomplete pass.

Then later Young hit JJ Stokes for a TD pass, where he jumped up in bounds and the Packers CB who got burned came barreling in and forced him out of bounds when JJ was still in the air. At the time, if the receiver was going to land in bounds like JJ was it would be ruled a force out and a TD, instead the Refs opted that JJ was going out by his own motion... which was BS because JJ practically jumped straight up.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. The 9ers got out-played and out-coached Sunday. Period.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Favre had a short pass to their fullback Henderson, he caught it took a step or two and turned up field "a football move" which was all that was required back then for a catch...and he got hit and fumbled and Gary Plummer picked it up and had a clear run up the sidelines for a TD. The Refs quickly called it an incomplete pass.

Then later Young hit JJ Stokes for a TD pass, where he jumped up in bounds and the Packers CB who got burned came barreling in and forced him out of bounds when JJ was still in the air. At the time, if the receiver was going to land in bounds like JJ was it would be ruled a force out and a TD, instead the Refs opted that JJ was going out by his own motion... which was BS because JJ practically jumped straight up.

Are you talking about in the regular season or the playoffs?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't play GB in the regular season in 1997.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but the Raiders got absolutely screwed in the tuck rule game.

Far more than we got screwed in the Superbowl. We screwed ourselves if you ask me. We got more screwed against the Giants in the NFCC. Our Superbowl loss doesn't deserve to be on a list like this.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about the no-call on sanders when he was all over irvin in the 95 nfc championship after we spotted the niners 21 points and cut the lead to 7

What about the phantom holding call in 92 on the Niners very first play that called back an 80 yard TD to Rice? Would have changed that entire game.