• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The All-time Screw Job Teams

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass was definitely catchable if Crabtree wasn't slowed and laid-out for it. Shorter would have been better than lower. As for Flacco he is telling guys to come off the bench to tackle Ginn if he had broke into the clear.

I saw that Flacco thing for the first time tonight when I was watching PFT on NBC Sports Network. Absolutely insane. Even assuming he was joking, what if one of his teammates on the sidelines actually believed him and came off the sideline to tackle Ginn? What if somebody did pull something like that? I think an 8-game suspension without pay would be warranted.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe but it was the 1st play, you can bounce back from that......so not really a screw job like the sanders/irvin call which i believe was around 8 or so minutes left...thinking 49ers got another score after that to ice it

looked it up... been awhile no points scored after that would have cut the lead to 3

You can recover but it changes the entire complexion of the game.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DavidAkersflopgif_zpse2486d8e.gif
[/IMG]

And if not for this bullshit penalty caused from your kickers acting job it would have bee an 8 point game.

And 8 points is still a 1 score game.

Was Miller held on Jones' 108-yard kickoff return? | CSN Bay Area.

Also..... There is your 8 points down to 1.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big game really but how many times do you see 6 terrible calls in one game ALL go against the same team???

Worst Officiating in College Football History.wmv - YouTube

I am one that sees that and still can't believe it. I do think it is a screwjob because a wrong call may have determined the outcome of the game. Iowa still did had to score.

However, Iowa did have their chances to win that game. I know in the 4th quarter, Florida had a fake punt on 4th and 10 and got the 1st. Florida was also deep in their own side of the field.

If Iowa would have stopped them, they could have scored quickly and had time to kick off and get it back to score again. Since Florida got that first down, they were able to run out the clock, which eventually resulted in Iowa having to do an onside kick.

Gerald Austin, coordinator of Conference USA officials, released a statement after being called by The Des Moines Register on Tuesday.

"Out of approximately 175 plays in this game, we have five under specific review — including an important call at the end of the game. We do teach our officials that toward the end of the game, the calls should clearly be a foul. In this case, the onside kickoff call was too technical and should not have been made."

USATODAY.com - CUSA head of officials admits Outback Bowl mistake

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how a penalty wasn't called on this play. Both teams (especially Nebraska) had players on the field.

[YOUTUBE]-kKbyJy4ySg[/YOUTUBE]

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how a penalty wasn't called on this play. Both teams (especially Nebraska) had players on the field.

Did you hear about the Utah-BYU game where BYU got three shots to win the game? BYU completed a pass and ran out of bounds, the clock showed zero. The fans stormed the field, then the refs said there was one second left. Then, the kicker had his kick blocked, the fans stormed the field while the ball was live. BYU got the ball back 15 yards forward. Then, the kicker misses off the uprights. Entertaining game for me. The Utes got to beat their rival BYU three times, but that was risky.

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear about the Utah-BYU game where BYU got three shots to win the game? BYU completed a pass and ran out of bounds, the clock showed zero. The fans stormed the field, then the refs said there was one second left. Then, the kicker had his kick blocked, the fans stormed the field while the ball was live. BYU got the ball back 15 yards forward. Then, the kicker misses off the uprights. Entertaining game for me. The Utes got to beat their rival BYU three times, but that was risky.

:lol:

yeah, i remember that

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass was definitely catchable if Crabtree wasn't slowed and laid-out for it. Shorter would have been better than lower. As for Flacco he is telling guys to come off the bench to tackle Ginn if he had broke into the clear.

I agree with you that it was catchable if he had a clean shot. Just posting here cause it's on topic and from Steve Young.

Steve Young says basically that it was an "out of bounds" ball and a bad playcall.

"Q: Do you have any problem with the refs not calling defensive holding or pass interference on the 49ers’ final offensive play?

YOUNG: I was right there. I was standing on the field. It was out of bounds from the time it left his hand. My opinion was it was not even close. So what happened on the field to me was less important. Plus, on a fourth down you know – like the last shot of a basketball game – you’re probably not going to get the foul when you throw the three-point shot up. You’re going to have to get really hacked to get a call. With that context, you’re probably not going to get the call, especially when the ball is headed out of bounds.

Colin had two plays from what I understand, and once he saw the all-out blitz, that was the planned reaction. There’s got to be a better play than just throwing a lollipop up to one guy. That play is really capitulation. In the context, you’d certainly want something more dynamic, the ability to put Colin on the move and see what would happen. That’s part of planning. The 15th time you go through that, you get really good at it. That’s the part that you look forward to with Colin and Jim."

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that it was catchable if he had a clean shot. Just posting here cause it's on topic and from Steve Young.

Steve Young says basically that it was an "out of bounds" ball and a bad playcall.

"Q: Do you have any problem with the refs not calling defensive holding or pass interference on the 49ers’ final offensive play?

YOUNG: I was right there. I was standing on the field. It was out of bounds from the time it left his hand. My opinion was it was not even close. So what happened on the field to me was less important. Plus, on a fourth down you know – like the last shot of a basketball game – you’re probably not going to get the foul when you throw the three-point shot up. You’re going to have to get really hacked to get a call. With that context, you’re probably not going to get the call, especially when the ball is headed out of bounds.

Colin had two plays from what I understand, and once he saw the all-out blitz, that was the planned reaction. There’s got to be a better play than just throwing a lollipop up to one guy. That play is really capitulation. In the context, you’d certainly want something more dynamic, the ability to put Colin on the move and see what would happen. That’s part of planning. The 15th time you go through that, you get really good at it. That’s the part that you look forward to with Colin and Jim."

I have watched this play from every published angle and I think it would have taken a "toes-in, arms-outstretched" effort to catch this pass - if it was catchable.

I would not argue with those who say it was un-catchable that is for sure. One thing that is for sure however, is that the play call was a 1000 times worse than the pass.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1978 AFC Title Game Houston Oilers were screwed on the Mike Renfro non-TD catch. Houston was my favorite team then and I never forgot that one to this day. Steelers were a dynasty but did the refs have to help them on that day like that? Horrendous call!!