• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great way to rebound after those early ACC losses to Pitt and BC. This team is playing really well and Kabengele is really emerging as a star. He's the leading scorer for the Noles this year and he still comes off the bench. 19 and 11 for him last night.

Of course winning out is ideal, but let's make sure we secure that double bye in the ACC tournament. I think finishing 4-1 down the stretch will prove to be more than enough to do that. But hey, UNC has to play Duke twice and we get our shot at them on Saturday. Could easily end up with that 3 see.

To secure the double-bye...We have to beat VPI. We're up a half-gme on them in the standings. But a loss to them would give them
the tie-breaker (if they won out). We have the tiebreaker with Syracuse and Louisville. Both of them still have tough games remaining. (Especially Syracuse)

We just can't lose one to ND or Wake. We already have enough bad losses for the year.

TJabroni

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To secure the double-bye...We have to beat VPI. We're up a half-gme on them in the standings. But a loss to them would give them
the tie-breaker (if they won out). We have the tiebreaker with Syracuse and Louisville. Both of them still have tough games remaining. (Especially Syracuse)

We just can't lose one to ND or Wake. We already have enough bad losses for the year.

We won't touch you without Robinson, but he could be back by then. Most our fanbase is just hoping for 2-2 split to finish the season, and get our PG back for the ACCT.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Duke without Zion

Zoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you all.
Zion, Big Time game doesn’t show up.
He gets hurt. Weak.
He’ll be lucky to have the career Big Baby had.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you all.
He gets hurt. Weak.

You are retarded :facepalm5:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucked. Was looking forward to a great match up and its ruined because of a shoe.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you all.
He gets hurt. Weak.

It is better to keep one's mouth shut and have people only think you're an idiot than speak and remove all doubt

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Duke without Zion

I was just going to post something similar to this. I didn't post last night it hopes(albeit extremely slim hope) Duke would make. A game out if it. Clearly they couldn't. Why is it that Maye always has the game of his life versus Duke

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you all.
He gets hurt. Weak.

Dude, how could he have shown up last night? He got hurt early in the game.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 way tie for first place!

I can't see how a mild knee sprain would keep a guy out for a whole month.

You guys should be celebrating that news. Could have been a tear.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 way tie for first place!

I can't see how a mild knee sprain would keep a guy out for a whole month.

You guys should be celebrating that news. Could have been a tear.

Anyone who celebrates an 18 year old kid's injury should be permanently banned from conversing in public. But that's another topic.

Ohh, I'm not bemoaning that fact, it sure could have been much worse. It's just the level of dependance on Zion to create, manufacture, get points, rebounds, iso's, play defense, protect the rim, etc is central to Duke's success so without him they are truly a dumpster fire.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who celebrates an 18 year old kid's injury should be permanently banned from conversing in public. But that's another topic.

Ohh, I'm not bemoaning that fact, it sure could have been much worse. It's just the level of dependance on Zion to create, manufacture, get points, rebounds, iso's, play defense, protect the rim, etc is central to Duke's success so without him they are truly a dumpster fire.

So sad! Please keep us up-to-date on what's next concerning Duke and Zion as you get more information my friend.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You knew what I meant.

In any case, I hope Zion comes back. He looks like the type of kid who will 100% come back.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew what I meant.

In any case, I hope Zion comes back. He looks like the type of kid who will 100% come back.

No no no, I didn't mean that first comment to be directed at you man, and yes I did know what you meant

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no, I didn't mean that first comment to be directed at you man, and yes I did know what you meant

It would be a major, major dissapointment for me if somehow Zion is not at 100% for the tourney. Fuck Isaiah Thomas! He's gotta play!

Especially as Nova is not in contention this year!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a major, major dissapointment for me if somehow Zion is not at 100% for the tourney. Fuck Isaiah Thomas! He's gotta play!

Especially as Nova is not in contention this year!

Aww to hell with all these know-it-alls. It's like this for Zion. There is NO WAY he misses a game if he's able to go. This kid is a competitor. He doesn't want to let his teammates down, he doesn't want to let the coaching staff down, he doesn't want to let Duke down. He is the most self-less kid I've ever seen. His best friend is RJ Barrett, who after the game ran back see him and check on him because the whole team absolutely loves him. He's making the tourney no matter what!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion Williamson will not play tomorrow at Syracuse. Suffered knee injury against North Carolina and is listed as day-to-day with a Grade 1 knee sprain.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about celebrating a potential injury to 19 year old Brad Davison?