• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 54 Pick MLB, NFL, NBA Super Draft : CHAT

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how it’s all perceived. I thought my football definitely was the best of my squads but got ranked lower than my baseball and hoops. On the other side I went for balance so finishing 3, 4 and 5 shouldn’t be surprising

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't have a problem with going 3-4 or 4-3... it is your choice to do so... im saying that people use 3-4 as an excuse to get lesser players, and we just look at it as its ok, because its good fit... If you have lesser players then you have lesser players...

it goes back to my we care too much about fit point... if you have lesser players that fit, that is not better than having elite players that don't fit... At least IMO...

I just think we overthink things sometimes...

Its not just 3-4 vs 4-3, it is also CB vs Safety... or playing on the right side or the left side... Or being an offensive guard or tackle... sure it matters... but when jobs are similar, then the elites would still be elite playing that similar position...

Of course we want to put the players they are best in though. Why would I play Jack Ham in a 3-4 for example, he COULD still play in it and be a good player but it doesn't make sense. I don't think it is wise to take a player that played his whole career in one system and at one position and put his main task/goal as something he wasn't great at. So yes, we draft "lesser players overall" to fit that system bc different players do different things much better even if they aren't overall better players.

As far as right or left side I really never cared about all that other than LT or RT and that really isn't an issue. The only fit issues I really focus on is for the NBA...I do think it matters more than any other sport though. NFL, meh. MLB, there is really no fit other than balancing your lineup and rotations SOMEWHAT with lefties and righties, even that I really don't focus on much.

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the problem isn't always that they are lesser players just that 3-4 linemen get less accolades so they seem that way.

Similar to a defensive defense-men in hockey vs a offensive one.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how it’s all perceived. I thought my football definitely was the best of my squads but got ranked lower than my baseball and hoops. On the other side I went for balance so finishing 3, 4 and 5 shouldn’t be surprising

I had you in second place for Football.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the problem isn't always that they are lesser players just that 3-4 linemen get less accolades so they seem that way.

I do agree... some positions don't get the respect they deserve... Im not trying to argue that at all... I am just saying that I would rather have better players, than having my team fit... I trust that the talent translates to similar positions...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot less depth for 3-4 Dlineman as well

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had you in second place for Football.
Definitely my favorite offense I’ve ever built. Peyton, Payton, Moss and Gronk all the GOATs at their position to me. Supplemented by five HOFers on the line

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely my favorite offense I’ve ever built. Peyton, Payton, Moss and Gronk all the GOATs at their position to me. Supplemented by five HOFers on the line

You had the best overall consistency in the super draft. The most balanced imo. I thought Nos would come in first, you would come in 2nd and I would have been in the 3-5 range somewhere.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had

NFL - Milk
NBA - Sushi
MLB - UK

2nd place
NFL - 500
NBA - Hall
MLB - Femur

maybe even more important than the points system... we should not have just added all the scores up... sometimes some of us have blinders and don't see something in why a team is so good... It is a pity when(not sure if this happened at all) One or two owners drive down someone's rankings...

For example, I had Nos at 8 In football, Hall had him at 3... was I driving his score down for not seeing something?? or wa hall wrong... I don't know how others voted... But if we took the MEDIAN instead of the total, it would probably be better...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had the best overall consistency in the super draft. The most balanced imo. I thought Nos would come in first, you would come in 2nd and I would have been in the 3-5 range somewhere.

you had the most consistency on my ballot... you were 5th in all 3 sports...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe even more important than the points system... we should not have just added all the scores up... sometimes some of us have blinders and don't see something in why a team is so good... It is a pity when(not sure if this happened at all) One or two owners drive down someone's rankings...

For example, I had Nos at 8 In football, Hall had him at 3... was I driving his score down for not seeing something?? or wa hall wrong... I don't know how others voted... But if we took the MEDIAN instead of the total, it would probably be better...

OR people will have different opinions, it's not that someone was wrong. I mean if some prefer more current players than old-timers there is really nothing you can do.

But you know there is always going to be some fault or problem with any scoring system nothing is perfect. All we can do is keep trying different stuff. I think this is a good start

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you had the most consistency on my ballot... you were 5th in all 3 sports...

No way was my team #5 in NBA. No way LOL. The other sports it's really tick for tack bc there were so many great teams.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way was my team #5 in NBA. No way LOL. The other sports it's really tick for tack bc there were so many great teams.

well, you should remember basketball is not my knowledgable sport at all... I can fully admit I tried to rank teams... But I could have overlooked stuff... where did you expect to be in basketball???

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR people will have different opinions, it's not that someone was wrong. I mean if some prefer more current players than old-timers there is really nothing you can do.

But you know there is always going to be some fault or problem with any scoring system nothing is perfect. All we can do is keep trying different stuff. I think this is a good start

of course there are different opinions... But sometimes we go into the vote or ranking with tunnel vision and we see one or two things we don't like or that we do like and then boost or punish them too much for it...

Just saying if an owner was #1 by most voters, and then one or two owners see something they don't like, they can drive the score down too much... Not sure if it happened this time... but it can...

I know for me, when I rank I may get fixated on some players that I don't think deserved to be drafted, and then I may buzz them too much for it...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, you should remember basketball is not my knowledgable sport at all... I can fully admit I tried to rank teams... But I could have overlooked stuff... where did you expect to be in basketball???

Not 5. In the Top 4 at least. I thought my team could matchup with any team though and I had the best perimeter shooters in the draft (starters).

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree @MilkSpiller22 about the medians, and fully expected that to be the intend result

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 5. In the Top 4 at least. I thought my team could matchup with any team though and I had the best perimeter shooters in the draft (starters).

Ok you sold me!!!

@Nosferatu can you change my basketball rankings to have Shane be at least top 4??