• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 54 Pick MLB, NFL, NBA Super Draft : CHAT

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like having arguably three of the top 5 players all time in LeBron, Magic and Wilt...

Doesn't happen if all 10 teams cared about basketball tho.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, not just saying this but Kareem needs to be in tier 1 as well. The reason being is that there is, IMO, a clear cut 1-2 in any all time draft and it should always been MJ and then Kareem (open format obviously without restrictions). After that the argument gets wider on who to draft and where. Just like in baseball tier 1 should be Ruth and Bonds, but you can designate an order.

For me this is how I view the tiers:

Tier 1:
MJ - Clear A
Kareem - Clear B

Tier 2:
Magic
Lebron
Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Bird

Tier 3:
Duncan
Oscar
West
Kobe

Tier 4:
Karl Malone
Moses Malone
Robinson
Dirk
KD
Steph
Dr. J
Barkley

Tiers 2-4 aren't in any particular order either. Those are subjective and wouldn't have a problem with anyone taking those guys in a particular order
You guys are all way too low on Oscar. I think Nos would agree

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I put him where he belongs...not sure if Timmy is in there but...

Tier 3
Wilt
Bird
Oscar
Duncan
Shaq
Kobe

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll help you out. Nobody take offense to this, thank you...

Round 1

Randy Moss - some say he is the best WR...even though he isn't. Could be the most talented and a top 2 WR of all-time but at 4, it's a reach. Still as dangerous of a weapon as they come.

Round 2

Bill Russell - no explanation needed

Round 3

I love all these picks in this round but grabbing Musial before Teddy doesn't make sense imo.

Round 4

No problems here.

Round 5

Mel Blount - Blount is one of the best but just a little early, other than that some nice picks in this round.
And I hate you too :suds:. FWIW my football team has what I would consider the GOAT at QB, RB, WR and TE. Although I'm sure most would differ

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5 in basketball would be: Jordan, wilt, Kareem, magic, Larry bird. Lebron would be close to that top 5 level but not there just yet.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, not just saying this but Kareem needs to be in tier 1 as well. The reason being is that there is, IMO, a clear cut 1-2 in any all time draft and it should always been MJ and then Kareem (open format obviously without restrictions). After that the argument gets wider on who to draft and where. Just like in baseball tier 1 should be Ruth and Bonds, but you can designate an order.

For me this is how I view the tiers:

Tier 1:
MJ - Clear A
Kareem - Clear B

Tier 2:
Magic
Lebron
Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Bird

Tier 3:
Duncan
Oscar
West
Kobe

Tier 4:
Karl Malone
Moses Malone
Robinson
Dirk
KD
Steph
Dr. J
Barkley

Tiers 2-4 aren't in any particular order either. Those are subjective and wouldn't have a problem with anyone taking those guys in a particular order

Dirk and Barkley in tier 4 but not KG? Hmmmm

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have him in the 3rd tier which is basically good for a top 10 player of all time spot subjectively. I think that's more than adequately valued. I wouldn't take Oscar above any of the tier 2 guys, but he's arguably right there behind them.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk and Barkley in tier 4 but not KG? Hmmmm

Just forgot him. He's definitely in that tier too. I probably missed it because I put KD also and assumed at some point that it was KG.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good point, I still think Magic is higher on the list just very close...not huge difference
I do have him higher as well...can't ignore the head to head

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just forgot him. He's definitely in that tier too. I probably missed it because I put KD also and assumed at some point that it was KG.

I think yer still OTC

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, maybe not, sorry

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but it also depends on where you rank him and what the replacement value is for his position imo. I'd personally have him in my top 5 or 6 all time, but you see him ranked as low as 10 or so. There were 3 NBA players off the board when he went, and I think Hall would (or just did) admit that LBJ is the best SF of all time, but there are certain ways you can build a team with Larry vs how you would with LeBron and vice versa, so that selection came down to matter of taste. I don't argue that from a straight value perspective, LeBron or a guy like Wilt or Shaq could have been a stronger pick, but when it's said and done I don't think the pick hurts his NBA team at all vs taking one of those other players, because of how he built around it - it all fits really nicely. That said there are some LOADED NBA squads in this

I agree, but why are you drafting a specific type of team in the first round?? first round should always be the best pick at a specific position...

basketball, position doesn't really matter early on...

Unlike Baseball, where you can decide pitching or offense, and football where you can decide Offense or defense...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't happen if all 10 teams cared about basketball tho.

I agree... but I will admit, I fudged this draft a little...

But that's the problem with basketball, it is such an individual sport that if you don't have any elite players you have no chance to win... so you trade them off, like UK did...

after that trade I complimented Nos... saying it was a great trade for him and a terrible trade for UK...