• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2024-2025 NBA Basketball Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. I'm pro-Lebron. I think he's the best basketball player I ever saw play and I saw Jordan and Magic and Bird.

But I think it's ok to criticize Lebron for nepotism here.

Yeah, because no one ever got a job through nepotism, including Beadle.

The whole thing is fucking stupid. The Lakers used the 55th pick in a draft of what? 60 players?

How many 55th picks stick in the NBA?

Anyone wasting time criticizing it either has too much time on their hands, is begging for clicks or is a hypocrite...possibly all 3.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's obviously 'nepotism', who exactly is harmed here? A guy occupies the 15th spot on the roster, plays a few minutes a night in meaningless situations, and goes to the G league. LeBron gets a very cool experience, we all see something never seen before, the Lakers get all the good vibes, etc. So what?

I personally don't care. The Lakers can do whatever they want.

But if this was the Sixers, I would be pretty annoyed. Those 15 spots matter. The Sixers let Isiah Joe go because they only had 15 spots.

But none of that really matters. The Lakers can do whatever they want. And the pundits can say whatever they want. I felt that the Tweet about Beadle seemed weirdly personal and sexist given that lots and lots and lots people are saying the same thing.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But if this was the Sixers, I would be pretty annoyed. Those 15 spots matter. The Sixers let Isiah Joe go because they only had 15 spots.

But none of that really matters. The Lakers can do whatever they want. And the pundits can say whatever they want. I felt that the Tweet about Beadle seemed weirdly personal and sexist given that lots and lots and lots people are saying the same thing.
If you had LeBron on the Sixers you'd be ecstatic to see your team take care of him with something so harmless.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because no one ever got a job through nepotism, including Beadle.

The whole thing is fucking stupid. The Lakers used the 55th pick in a draft of what? 60 players?

How many 55th picks stick in the NBA?

Anyone wasting time criticizing it either has too much time on their hands, is begging for clicks or is a hypocrite...possibly all 3.

I more or less agree with you. This is only a story because it is Lebron's kid. And because it is Lebron's kid, there is 100X more coverage of the story than there should be. There are literally people offering dumb pundit claims that he will be the ROY.

It's part of the game. Did Beadle say anything specifically outrageous? Did she say anything that a bunch of other people aren't saying?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, teams have lost championships because the guy in the 15th spot on the roster didn't step up. lol

The 15th spot is so important that teams have chosen not to fill that spot for entire seasons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had LeBron on the Sixers you'd be ecstatic to see your team take care of him with something so harmless.

I'd accept it as the price of doing business. I wouldn't be happy about it.

This argument is just weird. I'm not saying that anyone did anything wrong here. I was simply saying that the quoted Tweet calling Beadle a dumb bitch was petty and sexist.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, teams have lost championships because the guy in the 15th spot on the roster didn't step up. lol

The 15th spot is so important that teams have chosen not to fill that spot for entire seasons.
Notably the Lakers, who often hold that spot open for potential buyout candidates.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I more or less agree with you. This is only a story because it is Lebron's kid. And because it is Lebron's kid, there is 100X more coverage of the story than there should be. There are literally people offering dumb pundit claims that he will be the ROY.

It's part of the game. Did Beadle say anything specifically outrageous? Did she say anything that a bunch of other people aren't saying?

Nah, she just added to the stupidity of it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FFS. I'm not criticizing the Lakers in any way. I get what they did. And it is really no big deal.

But are you seriously saying that you are happy that Bronny is taking a roster spot on the Lakers?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd accept it as the price of doing business. I wouldn't be happy about it.

This argument is just weird. I'm not saying that anyone did anything wrong here. I was simply saying that the quoted Tweet calling Beadle a dumb bitch was petty and sexist.

If we're going to cancel everyone that gets a job due to connections, we're going to have a LOT of openings everywhere.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, she just added to the stupidity of it.

Also true. Anyone finding fault with the situation, the audacity of the Lakers to spend the 56th pick that way. Anyone that does ought to be BLASTING the Bucks for cutting someone to sign Freak's bro (who is out for the season with an injury).

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's trade away one of the best secondary, doesn't need the ball players from a team who just went to the conference finals for a ball dominant forward who won't benefit our stars development.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS. I'm not criticizing the Lakers in any way. I get what they did. And it is really no big deal.

But are you seriously saying that you are happy that Bronny is taking a roster spot on the Lakers?

It's the 15th spot so....I don't care.

Jeanie Buss could take the 15th spot on the roster and I wouldn't care.

As @shopson67 pointed out, the Lakers often leave that spot vacant so they can use it in the buyout market.

Lebron got to have a cool moment with his son who I expect will be sent to the G-League pretty soon and that spot will be held open for a possible buyout addition. Might see Bronny or another 2 way guy fill that spot for a couple of games here and there, but that's about it.

Won't affect their season at all.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,606.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the NBA for real Mr Holmgren, wow

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's blow up a team who just made the western conference finals for the first time in over two decades for.....reasons?