• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand but why?
Adam thinks the Rangers need to carry a third catcher if Garver will DH a lot. Evan does not think so and thinks having Duran on the team helps the team more. That is what it boils down to.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am working on the preseason prediction thread now. It should be up soon.

Reactions: DTC

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam thinks the Rangers need to carry a third catcher if Garver will DH a lot. Evan does not think so and thinks having Duran on the team helps the team more. That is what it boils down to.
Thanks. Mentioned to Siggy earlier that perhaps Duran could DH when not in the field. I just do not like carrying three catchers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Mentioned to Siggy earlier that perhaps Duran could DH when not in the field. I just do not like carrying three catchers.
I would rather not have 3 either. It would be different if they could play other positions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan's newest roster projection has Hearn going to the minors to start the season.

Bullpen: RHP José Leclerc, LHP Will Smith, RHP Jonathan Hernández, LHP Brock Burke, RHP Dane Dunning, LHP Cole Ragans, RHP Joe Barlow, RHP Ian Kennedy.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan's newest roster projection has Hearn going to the minors to start the season.

Bullpen: RHP José Leclerc, LHP Will Smith, RHP Jonathan Hernández, LHP Brock Burke, RHP Dane Dunning, LHP Cole Ragans, RHP Joe Barlow, RHP Ian Kennedy.
So no Sborz and no King. This is where I thought we were headed. Always thought Dunning would start in minors and Otto as reliever. And yes probably best despite what is written for Ragan to be in Minors

Guess they have Kennedy making squad. Strange to have Smith and him

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would our best offense feature these guys?

LF Smith
RF Grossman
CF Garcia
DH Duran

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Right-hander Nathan Eovaldi started Wednesday and will pitch again Monday.

Left-hander Martin Perez threw in a minor-league game Thursday and will pitch again Tuesday.

That’s five days between starts, for those counting along at home.

Jacob deGrom is scheduled to pitch Saturday in the Cactus League finale. Five days from Saturday would be — ding, ding, ding — Opening Day.

Nothing is official and no team official talked about how the Rangers will lineup up their rotation to start the 2023 season, per MLB orders. MLB wants to control that storyline for all 30 teams.

But it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to make the assumption that it will be deGrom throwing the first pitch of the Rangers’ season March 30.

Eovaldi and Perez could follow in the opening series against the Phillies, with righty Jon Gray and lefty Andrew Heaney starting April 3 and 4 against the Orioles. That structure would ensure that no opponent would face three straight hard-throwing righties in the same series.

Perez threw 73 pitches over four-plus innings in a minor-league game against the Royals, striking out eight. He tossed four scoreless in his first camp start following the World Baseball Classic, but allowed a single to Royals outfielder M.J. Melendez and a two-run homer to shortstop Bobby Witt Jr. as he returned to the fifth to build his pitch count.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we see a roster-adjustment trade soon? Both the 26 and the 40 man roster might could use some minor tweaking.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we see a roster-adjustment trade soon? Both the 26 and the 40 man roster might could use some minor tweaking.
I'm thinking Huff may be going down. Garver and Heim at C and Duran DH.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered when I heard that the Phillies lost their 1B if they might be interested in Miller. This morning Jeff Wilson mentioned the same thing. I wonder if they have a multi inning reliever to give us for Miller. Maybe we could throw in Kelly or some other back of the top 25 prospect.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Huff may be going down. Garver and Heim at C and Duran DH.
Yeah, he has already been sent to minor league camp although he could still make an appearance in a big league game or two before camp closes. Unless they trade or release Garver, Huff starts the season in the minors.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2023 preseason prediction thread is up. Even if you only predict a few things go ahead and do that. The more who participate the more fun that kind of thing is.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now DH is about the only spot they could put him because his IF defense isn't that good and I don't think he's proficient in the OF yet...

I'm thinking the 3 catchers issue is the reason the Donaldson rumor coming to Texas started, it would give them more roster flexibility and possibly another big bat if he can get it back together. He caught earlier in his career and he could be an emergency catcher for a couple innings to get them through a game and they can call up someone. Thing of it is would he be willing to do that??? :noidea:

The other thing is with the TV deal going down the schitter which means less money for the team would they consider taking on his bloated contract???

And I've heard he can be a PITA, don't know how true that is though???

I'm just spit balling here :D