• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @Shanemansj13

Not sure you heard Altman presser but some interesting things came out. First was he said allen had a pierced/broken rib and no way he could play. Granted, even if pissed I doubt he'd have thrown him under the bus.

Also said they have a ton of data that shows both guards and both bigs work together (each has a positive net rating) and bigs were even better than guards.

Made it sound like the plan was to keep them together as only year 2 with all 4 (while many of the top groupings have been together for 7+ seasons).......of course, not like if he planned to move one he'd have said so.

so I guess in conclusion.....who knows?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @Shanemansj13

Not sure you heard Altman presser but some interesting things came out. First was he said allen had a pierced/broken rib and no way he could play. Granted, even if pissed I doubt he'd have thrown him under the bus.

Also said they have a ton of data that shows both guards and both bigs work together (each has a positive net rating) and bigs were even better than guards.

Made it sound like the plan was to keep them together as only year 2 with all 4 (while many of the top groupings have been together for 7+ seasons).......of course, not like if he planned to move one he'd have said so.

Yeah who knows. It is his duty to improve the team but also keep everything calm. When exploring deals if he thinks he will upgrade, he will. We will see. Who knows at this point

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some former ref called CP the biggest asshole in the NBA.

LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @Shanemansj13

If Mobley can keep increasing the effectiveness of his outside game- then the Mobley/Allen combo becomes absolutely devastating.

Its harder on the guards I think- especially because of the injuries to Garland and the fact he never seemed right all year.

I guess we will see.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah who knows. It is his duty to improve the team but also keep everything calm. When exploring deals if he thinks he will upgrade, he will. We will see. Who knows at this point
Yes....I wanted to hear what he said, but what he does is really all that matters.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mobley can keep increasing the effectiveness of his outside game- then the Mobley/Allen combo becomes absolutely devastating.

Its harder on the guards I think- especially because of the injuries to Garland and the fact he never seemed right all year.

I guess we will see.
Different system but I do know the 4 man grouping of Mitchell, Garland, Mobley and Allen was among the best in the league the previous season. Add Levert and among top 5 man groupings.

So obviously it CAN work. But this year's system was different, plus all the injuries that made things out of whack.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different system but I do know the 4 man grouping of Mitchell, Garland, Mobley and Allen was among the best in the league the previous season. Add Levert and among top 5 man groupings.

So obviously it CAN work. But this year's system was different, plus all the injuries that made things out of whack.
the injuries is the frustrating thing--- it would be easier to make a big move if you absolutely KNEW what you had

Did you see the Jason Lloyd reporting, echoed by others- stating that Mitchell was disappointed in the maturity of some of the younger guys? I do think some of them have to grow up- and are not as focused on winning as what it means to be an NBA player--- which of course is probably the most common thing for young millionaires on TV every night.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the injuries is the frustrating thing--- it would be easier to make a big move if you absolutely KNEW what you had

Did you see the Jason Lloyd reporting, echoed by others- stating that Mitchell was disappointed in the maturity of some of the younger guys? I do think some of them have to grow up- and are not as focused on winning as what it means to be an NBA player--- which of course is probably the most common thing for young millionaires on TV every night.
Thought that was Vardon but either way I saw that but also saw Mitchell call him out for this report.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be 35 when next season starts and already has trouble staying healthy. Not a surprise anyone would be hesitant to give him a ton of money at this point.

He’s supposedly morey’s white whale

Has been since hou