• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is... the future isn't as bad as this years record indicates. Cunningham and Ivey are real pieces. Duran seems like another good, young body.

Basically, most of the rest of the roster needs to get cleared out... and then you add in another top draft pick and some role bodies...

Detroit could easily be a fringe playoff team starting next year.

Yep I'd trade Bojan and scrap and dump everyone else except Thompson.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is... the future isn't as bad as this years record indicates. Cunningham and Ivey are real pieces. Duran seems like another good, young body.

Basically, most of the rest of the roster needs to get cleared out... and then you add in another top draft pick and some role bodies...

Detroit could easily be a fringe playoff team starting next year.

They have a supporting cast

They don’t have any future alphas

Even cade’s lack of tight ball handling means he’s likely a 2/3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I'd trade Bojan and scrap and dump everyone else except Thompson.

Thompson, ivey, cade, Duren

That’s your core

This is not the draft to land that next guy to lead them though

Idk what Detroit does.

I’m such a tough spot

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson, ivey, cade, Duren

That’s your core

This is not the draft to land that next guy to lead them though

Idk what Detroit does.

I’m such a tougtouches.
and Thompson can play the 4. I know I'm like a broken record but the one fucking game Monty played him there he did well.

Then they have room for any FA willing to come there lol.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Thompson can play the 4. I know I'm like a broken record but the one fucking game Monty played him there he did well.

Then they have room for any FA willing to come there lol.

If the draft was today I still might take 4

Build around your defense

Try to get Flagg in 2025 lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the draft was today I still might take 4

Build around your defense

Try to get Flagg in 2025 lol

I have no idea why Siri turned “Sarr” into 4

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why Siri turned “Sarr” into 4

I've not seen anything on him but obviously Wemby light would be nice lol.

Doesn't seem he's anywhere near the ball handler Wemby is but you can't expect that from a 7 footer lol.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked... the Heat are currently #1 in 3pt FG%.

That's one of the biggest differences from last year to this year... Heat (strangely) struggled from 3 during the regular season IIRC.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked... the Heat are currently #1 in 3pt FG%.

That's one of the biggest differences from last year to this year... Heat (strangely) struggled from 3 during the regular season IIRC.
Yep that is correct. The 3 pt struggles last regular season never made sense to me because they were a top 2 3 pt shooting team the year before with almost the same roster. Also a big reason for the playoffs success last season because they finally started shooting the 3 ball well

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Nurse needs to play this man at the 4 alongside Embiid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's truly terrible defense from the Orlando center there.
True. But 22 feet away from the basket the 5 is gonna sag on him because the scouting report says let him shoot from there. I was commenting on dude’s handle mostly. Sixers are playing him out of position as the back up 5 has always been my contention. Even playing left handed he’s been solid in that role. I want to see him get the Embiid off minutes at the 5 and another 10 minutes a game alongside Embiid as the 4. I essentially want him to grab the Marcus Morris role and be the back up minutes to Harris along with Embiid. Marcus Morris has played better of late on the offensive end but he’s a defensive liability.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But 22 feet away from the basket the 5 is gonna sag on him because the scouting report says let him shoot from there. I was commenting on dude’s handle mostly. Sixers are playing him out of position as the back up 5 has always been my contention. Even playing left handed he’s been solid in that role. I want to see him get the Embiid off minutes at the 5 and another 10 minutes a game alongside Embiid as the 4. I essentially want him to grab the Marcus Morris role and be the back up minutes to Harris along with Embiid. Marcus Morris has played better of late on the offensive end but he’s a defensive liability.
Fair enough.

I question whether Reed could do that sort of thing on the regular, though... especially if he ever develops a reputation for it.

There are easy ways of making Reed less comfortable there that involve little to no drawback.... any team that is trying beyond bare minimum regular season effort to disrupt that could.

Of course, I would completely agree that Marcus Morris is past it and almost any alternative is better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's truly terrible defense from the Orlando center there.

It definitely isn’t good.

But I would label it as passive more than terrible.

Scout surely says he can give Paul Reed some space at the 3 point line, so he did that.

He is playing under to be in position to stop the drive after the anticipated dribble hand off, and Paul Reed took advantage of the space to make a good play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I question whether Reed could do that sort of thing on the regular, though... especially if he ever develops a reputation for it.
No doubt. The word on him has always been him shitting the bed on the offensive end. However, the more opportunity he’s been given, he’s shown that he is at least adequate at the offensive end. With Embiid/Maxey two man game and the other 2 pieces with them (say like Melton and Batum/RoCo) you have the shooting around it and BBall Paul can play the dunker role as a plus offensive rebounder.
There are easy ways of making Reed less comfortable there that involve little to no drawback.... any team that is trying beyond bare minimum regular season effort to disrupt that could.
Agree on this particular action. The big thing I see that hasn’t come up yet in this conversation is the value BBall Paul brings at the defensive end. I’ve seen him given the assignment of Giannis in Embiid off minutes and he held up well. Hes very switchable. In a group with Melton, Batum, BBall Paul, you have a bunch of guys who can defend on the floor at the same time.
Of course, I would completely agree that Marcus Morris is past it and almost any alternative is better.
That’s what I’m saying. I’ve lived through Reddick, Marco Belinelli, Seth Curry etc come playoff time getting targeted and cooked (especially by your Celtics) in 5 out stuff that gets those players switched on to the top 1-2 options for the opponent and it’s game over as they either get taken off the dribble or are so scared of dribble drive that they sag and give up uncontested jumpers. I watched Kevin Fucking Huerter earn a big deal just based on what he did to Seth Curry.

I think they’re wasting time giving Morris minutes now when he’s going to be unplayable come playoff time because of his D. At the same time, his 17 million in expiring contract packages with a pick(s) is the likely piece the Sixers move to bolster this team at the deadline so my concern about his playoff defense may just be a non factor in the end.

Fuck! I just love my guy Bball Paul and I think he has more to give if Nurse would just try him in that role.