• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one smart thing the players did was not let the nba suspend players until the legal system plays out

Other than that they’re dumb
This can’t be true. JA didn’t commit a crime and he was suspended for 25 games.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one smart thing the players did was not let the nba suspend players until the legal system plays out

Other than that they’re dumb
Yup, but for some reason some people want vengeance for something they know nothing about. I do think the league could use the morals clause here for sure but not without a lot more information.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can’t be true. JA didn’t commit a crime and he was suspended for 25 games.
You know as well as anyone the league has clauses to do what they want. Say what you want about the Ja situation but no one can say the league acted too quickly.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty simple really.

"Suspended with pay pending investigation".

Doesn't matter if it comes from the league or the Thunder.

Once the investigation is concluded, the suspension can be ended or enhanced depending on the findings.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty simple really.

"Suspended with pay pending investigation".

Doesn't matter if it comes from the league or the Thunder.

Once the investigation is concluded, the suspension can be ended or enhanced depending on the findings.
If the league does this across the board I have no issue with it. I don’t believe that is the norm though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And folks need to quit trying to downplay Ja Morants situation.

Dude wasn't suspended for "having a gun in his car".

It's not like he was videoing the inside of his car and inadvertently caught a glimpse of a gun he forgot to put away.

Dude had 1 video come out showing the gun being waved around like a rap video...got called into speak to the suits, said he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again, then turned right around and did it again.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And folks need to quit trying to downplay Ja Morants situation.

Dude wasn't suspended for "having a gun in his car".

It's not like he was videoing the inside of his car and inadvertently caught a glimpse of a gun he forgot to put away.

Dude had 1 video come out showing the gun being waved around like a rap video...got called into speak to the suits, said he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again, then turned right around and did it again.
Just shows where we are in this country that people are defending someone’s rights to reflect negatively on their employer. What Giddey did COULD fall into that category, we just don’t know yet.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the league does this across the board I have no issue with it. I don’t believe that is the norm though.

It should be, especially in a case like this where there are potential felony charges involved.

Imo, part of where the NBA ends up looking weak is because they don't use it as quickly as possible in these situations.

It's tough because even if you're still paying them, they aren't getting those games back.

But maybe it would have an added effect of the players being more careful to not jeopardize their season/career behind stupid shit.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be, especially in a case like this where there are potential felony charges involved.

Imo, part of where the NBA ends up looking weak is because they don't use it as quickly as possible in these situations.

It's tough because even if you're still paying them, they aren't getting those games back.

But maybe it would have an added effect of the players being more careful to not jeopardize their season/career behind stupid shit.
The toughest part of it is there is so much out there that ends up being total bs. Giddeys reputation is going to be heavily affected by this, no way around it. Professional organizations can’t be in the business of picking a side without evidence though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shows where we are in this country that people are defending someone’s rights to reflect negatively on their employer. What Giddey did COULD fall into that category, we just don’t know yet.

Interestingly, some of the same folks downplaying Ja, were calling him a thug when it happened.

Unless the video is somehow completely fake, what Giddey did does fall squarely into that category. It's just a matter of...is it just embarrassing to the league or was it criminal?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, some of the same folks downplaying Ja, were calling him a thug when it happened.

Unless the video is somehow completely fake, what Giddey did does fall squarely into that category. It's just a matter of...is it just embarrassing to the league or was it criminal?
I think at this point the league is used to and will tolerate a certain amount of embarrassment, just where our society is now days. If the law wants to get involved they will, but unless there is a complaint filed I don’t see it happening. This happens a lot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The toughest part of it is there is so much out there that ends up being total bs. Giddeys reputation is going to be heavily affected by this, no way around it. Professional organizations can’t be in the business of picking a side without evidence though.

Suspension with pay isn't taking sides. It's simply acknowledging that it's a serious situation and the team and league are acting accordingly. It's used in other professions all the time.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspension with pay isn't taking sides. It's simply acknowledging that it's a serious situation and the team and league are acting accordingly. It's used in other professions all the time.
I know it is, but you have to be consistent and you have to recognize there are going to be times when stuff turns out to be completely untrue. If you have a blanket policy to suspend with pay on every allegation you better believe on important games there are going to be rumors put out there. Add in AI now days and it’s just not as clear cut as some want it to be. It’s a difficult thing.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is, but you have to be consistent and you have to recognize there are going to be times when stuff turns out to be completely untrue. If you have a blanket policy to suspend with pay on every allegation you better believe on important games there are going to be rumors put out there. Add in AI now days and it’s just not as clear cut as some want it to be. It’s a difficult thing.
I think I said some pretty smart stuff here lol