• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you not booker play vs the sixers instead of the pistons tmr?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they ruled that Giddy hitting the net was the call then the last bucket review announcement should have said defensive goaltending. I don’t know how that gets ruled though. If there is a call of defensive goaltending on a made bucket is it like a declined penalty in football and the bucket counts and goaltend isn’t recorded?
That was not the call, I’m confident in that. What Giddey did was not a violation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s some day after spin of what happened. That bothers me more than the call. If they cite Giddey immediately I feel more comfortable with how it played up. The changing up casts doubt.

That's why I think they just flubbed the explanation.

Giddey touching the net first would make Dray touching the rim inconsequential which makes sense.

If Giddey doesn't touch the net or touched it 2nd, then it wouldn't matter if Dray touching the rim effected the shot, it would have been offensive goaltending and the shot wouldn't have counted.

And they didn't really change the explanation. They added the reason that made Dray touching the rim inconsequential. When they gave the explanation at the time, I was thinking "That makes no sense. Simply touching the rim makes it offensive goaltending". Then, when they explained about Giddey touching the net, it made sense.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think they just flubbed the explanation.

Giddey touching the net first would make Dray touching the rim inconsequential which makes sense.

If Giddey doesn't touch the net or touched it 2nd, then it wouldn't matter if Dray touching the rim effected the shot, it would have been offensive goaltending and the shot wouldn't have counted.

And they didn't really change the explanation. They added the reason that made Dray touching the rim inconsequential. When they gave the explanation at the time, I was thinking "That makes no sense. Simply touching the rim makes it offensive goaltending". Then, when they explained about Giddey touching the net, it made sense.
No, read the rules I posted. Giddey touching the net is not a problem in this instance.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they ruled that Giddy hitting the net was the call then the last bucket review announcement should have said defensive goaltending. I don’t know how that gets ruled though. If there is a call of defensive goaltending on a made bucket is it like a declined penalty in football and the bucket counts and goaltend isn’t recorded?

Giddey touching the net was ultimately what the call was. I think they were too focused on trying to explain why Dray touching the rim didn't matter because everyone in the arena and watching on tv saw Dray touch the rim, but few saw Giddey touch the net.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giddey touching the net was ultimately what the call was. I think they were too focused on trying to explain why Dray touching the rim didn't matter because everyone in the arena and watching on tv saw Dray touch the rim, but few saw Giddey touch the net.
No it was not, that explanation is nowhere to be found and it goes against the official rules.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not the call, I’m confident in that. What Giddey did was not a violation.

lol

What Giddey did was absolutely a violation, the ball was above the cylinder and Giddey touched the net. That is absolutely defensive goaltending. Always has been.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

What Giddey did was absolutely a violation, the ball was above the cylinder and Giddey touched the net. That is absolutely defensive goaltending. Always has been.
You obviously did not read the goaltending rules I posted. The only mention of net say you can’t touch it if the ball is in the net, it was most certainly not in the net.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was not, that explanation is nowhere to be found and it goes against the official rules.

It doesn't go against the rules and Giddey was asked about it in the presser.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't go against the rules and Giddey was asked about it in the presser.
It simply doesn’t matter that he was asked about it, what difference does that make. The Thunder aren’t blaming the loss on anything but themselves. I’m just saying by the rules what Giddey did was not a violation and the league has literally not said it was, ever.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It simply doesn’t matter that he was asked about it, what difference does that make. The Thunder aren’t blaming the loss on anything but themselves. I’m just saying by the rules what Giddey did was not a violation and the league has literally not said it was, ever.

You're saying there's no explanation out there and I'm saying there is and that Giddey was asked specifically about touching the net. If there's no explanation, how does the reporter know to ask Giddey about touching the net?

Additionally, what Giddey did is actually "basket interference".

"Basket interference" applies when the ball is in the imaginary cylinder or on the rim or backboard. In this case the ball was in the imaginary cylinder when Giddey touched the net.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying there's no explanation out there and I'm saying there is and that Giddey was asked specifically about touching the net. If there's no explanation, how does the reporter know to ask Giddey about touching the net?

Additionally, what Giddey did is actually "basket interference".

"Basket interference" applies when the ball is in the imaginary cylinder or on the rim or backboard. In this case the ball was in the imaginary cylinder when Giddey touched the net.
I posted the rules, I know how to read lol. There is nothing from the league that mentions Giddey, nothing. I expect we will hear more and the league will stand behind the only thing they are on record of in that what Draymond did had no effect.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the rules, I know how to read lol. There is nothing from the league that mentions Giddey, nothing. I expect we will hear more and the league will stand behind the only thing they are on record of in that what Draymond did had no effect.

You didn't post the basket interference rules and I've told you how to find the explanation. Done with this convo about something that you're "over already".

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't post the basket interference rules and I've told you how to find the explanation. Done with this convo about something that you're "over already".
Basket interference rules. The last one is the only one that mentions the net. It sucks to be wrong.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you can admit it.
You still haven’t read the basket interference rules obviously, you aren’t stupid

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I brought up the basket interference rules. Nice try.
I posted them, are you being dense on purpose. One more time. The last rule is the only one that mentions the net. Read it, or keep looking dumb, your call.