• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the last bucket of Warriors and Thunder from last night and I noted a couple of things.
1. I have no problem with the outcome because on the replay you get Dray touching the rim and Giddy getting a hand on the net. To the letter of the law, both are goaltending. Giddy’s happened first. Does that matter? I don’t know.
2. It seems like the new buzz word in NBA officiating is “marginal contact”. I kind of like that but it’s only as good as the human beings making decisions. That’s a ton of judgment call being placed back in the officials hands through a replay challenge.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the last bucket of Warriors and Thunder from last night and I noted a couple of things.
1. I have no problem with the outcome because on the replay you get Dray touching the rim and Giddy getting a hand on the net. To the letter of the law, both are goaltending. Giddy’s happened first. Does that matter? I don’t know.
2. It seems like the new buzz word in NBA officiating is “marginal contact”. I kind of like that but it’s only as good as the human beings making decisions. That’s a ton of judgment call being placed back in the officials hands through a replay challenge.
League is still not saying anything about Giddey, only that Draymond didn’t affect the ball going in. Definitely the first time Ive ever seen it ruled that it’s ok to touch the rim.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League is still not saying anything about Giddey, only that Draymond didn’t affect the ball going in. Definitely the first time Ive ever seen it ruled that it’s ok to touch the rim.
It hasn’t been a ton of games and I’ve already heard justification for overturn being the “marginal contact” line 3-4 times. I agree with you however. The way that’s always been officiated is that any touching of the rim before the ball is down is an offensive goal tend.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batum still hasn’t reported to the Sixers yet. Looking more and more like he is going to retire. Does anyone know if later in the season this contract can be included in a trade to match salaries if Batum retires?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the record, yes the timing does matter

It’s also why sometimes refs don’t call a double foul when it would be more beneficial to calm things down

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When looking at the overhead cam on the replay, the ball is within in the rim and on its way down through the net when Draymond touches the rim. In my mind, there's no way he impacted the path of the ball.

However, I would need to know what the letter of the law is on goaltending. Is it simply touching the rim? Or does the player have to impact the path of the ball, a la pulling down the rim or reaching up through the net to poke the ball out.

I mean, if a player pushed another players hand into the net/rim, that could be called goaltending?

Obviously in the late game stages, this gets reviewed.
But, are all potential goaltending violations reviewed?
What if this happened with 2:00 left in the 2nd quarter?
Would you need to challenge this call? Or is it automatically reviewed?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batum still hasn’t reported to the Sixers yet. Looking more and more like he is going to retire. Does anyone know if later in the season this contract can be included in a trade to match salaries if Batum retires?
Well, they would have to wait 60 days regardless.

All the reports say 'personal reasons'.
I suppose that could include retiring, but that would be a shame.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they would have to wait 60 days regardless.

All the reports say 'personal reasons'.
I suppose that could include retiring, but that would be a shame.

They can trade him by himself now but needs to me to aggregate

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grizzlies are in trouble. 0-6 and lost to Portland last night.

19 more games before Ja returns.
Hollinger’s selection of them at the top of theWest is coming back to bite him big time.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollinger’s selection of them at the top of theWest is coming back to bite him big time.

Yeah, to be fair he did that before Adam’s

But still it’s rough

The grizzlies are going to be the cautionary tale for the thunder

Cashing in for some veterans and paying your top role players (melton) are good moves

They also could’ve gotten oubre for the small mle and didn’t…

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis very well could be 5-20 or worse by the time Ja returns....if they continue to play like this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fanduel showed me love last night

Im Rich Chappelles Show GIF