• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit were you on the shitter during the earthquake?
Sesame Street Dancing GIF

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I won’t lol
This article sums up my thought process.

But it adds a wrinkle that I had not considered until reading it.

Thunder fans should apply for a guest pass on the Dubs bandwagon.

1. It improves your pick from Houston.

2. It gives the Lakers a tougher play in game matchup, if they can’t get to 6th.

3. if the Dubs snuff them, it’s a better matchup round for the Thunder.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sixers have two shots to avoid Boston until the ECF.
- Finish as the 6th seed
-Win first play in game; would be nice if they can get that game at home

Celtics are only team in the East that scares me.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article sums up my thought process.

But it adds a wrinkle that I had not considered until reading it.

Thunder fans should apply for a guest pass on the Dubs bandwagon.

1. It improves your pick from Houston.

2. It gives the Lakers a tougher play in game matchup, if they can’t get to 6th.

3. if the Dubs snuff them, it’s a better matchup round for the Thunder.

Yup I had seen that, good article. When the Warriors beat them the other night I pretty well decided that would end it for the Rockets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 called this shit over a week ago, just less aggressively than you…lol

The narrative is out there.

I don’t see why it’s a issue, outside of one fan boasting they aren’t ducking anyone.

Why in GAWDS name would you want the tougher matchup?

It’s smart strategy…imo

Again: The narrative is out there.

Avoiding the dangerous Lakers to draw a more favorable matchup, resting star players and still likely ending up on the opposite side of the bracket as the Denver Nuggets would be a win all the way around for Oklahoma City.

The Oklahoma City Thunder have been fantastic this season, but the Los Angeles Lakers present a bad matchup for the Thunder come playoff time.

After dropping the season series — the only series it’s lost this year— to the Lakers 3-1, OKC can wipe its hands with the city of angels and back-to-backs. The playoff picture is forever shifting, but as of Monday night, the Thunder is currently clear of the Lakers..

Regardless of the turmoil of their season, the holes in their roster, the question marks they might always raise, L.A. does things that can thwart the young Thunder. And if nothing else, it has Anthony Davis and LeBron James, a pair of players that can still leave their imprint on the flow of a game to the detriment of the speedy Thunder.

Even though I said that with how close the west gotten this week due to losses by the pels and kings, it is basically impossible to predict their matchup. Only thing the 3rd seed probably guarantees right now is not playing Luka. Lakers can end up as the 6th seed now. I do think SGA is hurt and they are probably being super cautious with the playoffs 2 weeks away the same way Denver is being with Murray. Last thing you need to do is rush someone back and have them get hurt again and miss a series or 2. The jdub thing is a little weird to me

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll wear it. I want to see Jimmy Butler as the 8 seed so my dirty work haha.
I have a bad feeling about the heat this year. Last 2 teams I want to play round 1 is Boston or Milwaukee. Really wanted to line up Orlando or Cleveland

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's Joel Embiid of course.

Think of how many losers there are. They would all be pissed off.

Adam Silver himself would be flipping pissed off.

Is he eligible for any awards this season? Not sure how many games he's missed. What is it, all players now have to play at least 65 games to be considered for awards, how many games has Joel missed this season?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I said that with how close the west gotten this week due to losses by the pels and kings, it is basically impossible to predict their matchup. Only thing the 3rd seed probably guarantees right now is not playing Luka. Lakers can end up as the 6th seed now. I do think SGA is hurt and they are probably being super cautious with the playoffs 2 weeks away the same way Denver is being with Murray. Last thing you need to do is rush someone back and have them get hurt again and miss a series or 2. The jdub thing is a little weird to me
If the Lakers jump to six, and the Thunder suddenly bring everyone back, their intentions will become crystal clear.

Well….

In fairness, they probably would have eventually done that anyway to get the guys back in rhythm.

Maybe just a half of the last game or two.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers jump to six, and the Thunder suddenly bring everyone back, their intentions will become crystal clear.

Well….

In fairness, they probably would have eventually done that anyway to get the guys back in rhythm.

Maybe just a half of the last game or two.
Going on record now, the Thunder are going to suddenly bring them back, it’s happening no matter what. Just a guess but I think Shai really needs the rest and Jdub just flat can’t throttle it back.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3