• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure they're really "tanking" to get the 3rd spot (although it would be smart). Typically, with a team this young, you want to finish as high as possible to secure as much HCA as possible.

I do agree that the timing seems a bit suspect and finishing 3rd wouldn't exactly break their hearts, but I don't think that's their goal.

I'm creating a narrative here and going with it lol

Come on Lakers fan

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not for you to say what’s excessive, the Thunder had pushed harder than anyone throughout the season. Hilarious to me when anyone acts like think they know what Presti is doing. I doubt his wife knows.
But you know what Presti is doing?

Oh right…

Vulcan mind meld.

I wouldn’t call what they are doing tanking.

But they are clearly trying to land a more favorable matchup.

Let the Lakers get to 6.

I bet we magically see SGA and J Dub back for the home stretch so the Thunder can land #2.

Not tanking, ducking the smoke of a horrendous matchup.

No shame in that.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh right…

Vulcan mind meld.

Let the Lakers get to 6.

I bet we magically see SGA and J Dub back for the home stretch so the Thunder can land #2.

No shame in that.

See I got one supporter

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh right…

Vulcan mind meld.

Let the Lakers get to 6.

No shame in that.
Like I said, no one knows what he is thinking, I doubt his wife does. I then went on to say that they are probably getting guys healthy while keeping options open. The 1, 2 and 3 are all still very possible.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I got one supporter
@bksballer89 called this shit over a week ago, just less aggressively than you…lol

The narrative is out there.

I don’t see why it’s a issue, outside of one fan boasting they aren’t ducking anyone.

Why in GAWDS name would you want the tougher matchup?

It’s smart strategy…imo

Again: The narrative is out there.

Avoiding the dangerous Lakers to draw a more favorable matchup, resting star players and still likely ending up on the opposite side of the bracket as the Denver Nuggets would be a win all the way around for Oklahoma City.

The Oklahoma City Thunder have been fantastic this season, but the Los Angeles Lakers present a bad matchup for the Thunder come playoff time.

After dropping the season series — the only series it’s lost this year— to the Lakers 3-1, OKC can wipe its hands with the city of angels and back-to-backs. The playoff picture is forever shifting, but as of Monday night, the Thunder is currently clear of the Lakers..

Regardless of the turmoil of their season, the holes in their roster, the question marks they might always raise, L.A. does things that can thwart the young Thunder. And if nothing else, it has Anthony Davis and LeBron James, a pair of players that can still leave their imprint on the flow of a game to the detriment of the speedy Thunder.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, no one knows what he is thinking, I doubt his wife does. I then went on to say that they are probably getting guys healthy while keeping options open. The 1, 2 and 3 are all still very possible.
His wife is dreaming of FFB’s D. We all know this.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also being strategic and ducking the matchup that will end their season round 1.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure they're really "tanking" to get the 3rd spot (although it would be smart). Typically, with a team this young, you want to finish as high as possible to secure as much HCA as possible.

I do agree that the timing seems a bit suspect and finishing 3rd wouldn't exactly break their hearts, but I don't think that's their goal.
I think the silliest part of this is to think they even could have a goal at this point. 6 games left, that’s a lot of ball still when the teams are this close. The Thunder pushed harder than anyone during the regular season.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also being strategic and ducking the matchup that will end their season round 1.
Well aren’t you a smarty pants today lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh right…

Vulcan mind meld.

Let the Lakers get to 6.

No shame in that.
Oh and by the way, I absolutely expect Shai and Jdub back soon, you aren’t going into the playoffs without those guys not having got it going again.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the silliest part of this is to think they even could have a goal at this point. 6 games left, that’s a lot of ball still when the teams are this close. The Thunder pushed harder than anyone during the regular season.
You think Presti shuts his brain down 7 games out?

Come on….

This is absolutely the smart play.

The way we are presenting it carries a negative connotation.

But any organization worth its salt would seek to protect their young squad from unnecessary adversity.

The Thunder Season is a absolute A++++, no matter what happens.

But they have a real chance to make some serious waves THIS year

The confidence of winning a 1st round matchup could be immeasurable for their psyche.

As good as they are, this is the first year most of those guys get to experience the playoffs.

As much shit as I’m talking, I actually really want to see the Thunder succeed.

Not just for you.

But because they built this thing the right way and I love SGA, J Dub.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and by the way, I absolutely expect Shai and Jdub back soon, you aren’t going into the playoffs without those guys not having got it going again.
Yeah, they just need a game or two

Again: I’m being toxic and inflammatory with the shit talk.

But I honestly feel like the Thunder can, and likely will, beat any team not the Nugz and Lakers

I would probably still lean Suns.

But that’s mostly because of the nostalgia of Durant being a killer.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Presti shuts his brain down 7 games out?

Come on….

This is absolutely the smart play.

The way we are presenting it carries a negative connotation.

But any organization worth its salt would seek to protect their young squad from unnecessary adversity.

The Thunder Season is a absolute A++++, no matter what happens.

But they have a real chance to make some serious waves THIS year

The confidence of winning a 1st round matchup could be immeasurable for their psyche.

As good as they are, this is the first year most of those guys get to experience the playoffs.

As much shit as I’m talking, I actually really want to see the Thunder succeed.

Not just for you.

But because they built this thing the right way and I love SGA, J Dub.
I still say it’s silly to assume anything at this point. The local argument around here is that they should be going for the 1 because they aren’t beating Denver without home court. They may not period but obviously have a better chance. I’m not conceding that a fn bit of this has anything to do with the fn Lakers, that’s just dumb. If it comes down to 1 game and they do something crazy well ok then, but that’s just not how Presti operates. I think they are getting healthy and putting themselves in a kind of neutral position where they actually could do something like is being suggested if they really did think it was in their best interest.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we have seen teams maneuver for playoff seedling for years.

This is not a bad thing….imo

"We let Portland get their last win" - Tony Allen admits Grizzlies intentionally lost games to face first-seeded Spurs in 2011 playoffs​

Allen revealed Memphis tanked to face the second-best team in the 2010-11 regular season record-wise.

"That specific series, we actually wanted them for that year," Allen said of the Spurs. "We took our last two games off so we can seed up right and be the eighth seed. We let Portland get their last win or whatever. But we definitely felt that we just had the upside of those guys.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say it’s silly to assume anything at this point. The local argument around here is that they should be going for the 1 because they aren’t beating Denver without home court. They may not period but obviously have a better chance. I’m not conceding that a fn bit of this has anything to do with the fn Lakers, that’s just dumb. If it comes down to 1 game and they do something crazy well ok then, but that’s just not how Presti operates. I think they are getting healthy and putting themselves in a kind of neutral position where they actually could do something like is being suggested if they really did think it was in their best interest.
You don’t have to concede anything .