• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen improvement in his game from year 1 to now?

I remember Wiggy would hype him up like crazy and made it seem like he would be better than Bam in no time which obviously isn't the case
Maybe not the big jump some may have wanted but I see some improvement....he's a clear double double guy now and his shooting % is up yet again. If anything, still needs to be more aggressive and shoot more. still plays elite D.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has just…..plateaued.

Maybe getting Mitchell did stunt his growth.

I thought it would give him more space to cook.

Some guys just aren’t alphas.

He’s still a good player….imo
I mean, he's still only 22 and likely another 5 years from his best seasons. shooting % has gone from 50 to 55 and now to 58.5%.....even starting to hit some 3s at 36%. The elite D cannot see leaving for a long time.

But I can agree if anything might need to be more aggressive and shoot more.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just not what I thought he would be with the hype he had when he got drafted. Playing with another big and Mitchell probably doesn't help his individual game much in terms of putting up the numbers he can
Exactly.....no way to prove this of course but thinking if he was on Toronto instead of Barnes he could score like him. Maybe be something like 20 and 12. In addition, maybe the elite D he plays leads to winning more games?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas tried to throw it away.
Then Cleveland with that inbound.
Then the impossible

Cleveland has so much trouble closing out games still. It worries me. I will enjoy this one
do we? Might be wrong but thought we had been kind of good in close games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if the Cavs want Mobley to develop....they gotta deal Allen.
It's likely not happening as we tend to lose games when Allen does not play. Missing anyone else we look better than most would with top guys out I think.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just doesn’t have alpha in him. Very good player-at least attempting the 3 now. Pretty shot but something is not there. Idk

Garland took a step back too. He was injured but still he hasn’t been right all year
something off for sure...but seems to just be his 3 point shooting. Came back the last few games but an off night last night.

I'd say for sure the new style of O might not be best suited for him at least to put up the scoring numbers he was used to. Either way...I'd like to see him taking more 3s when he has them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why you need to keep Mitchell.

He’s got the alpha gene.

I give Darius a pass due to health.

When healthy, he’s awesome.

Again: Mobley is good.

I expected him to be GREAT.

He still has time.

But, he’s looking more like the 3rd or 4th best player on a championship level team type ceiling.

I thought you at least had Pau Gasol, Toronto Bosh.

Looking more like Aaron Gordon.
agree with a lot of this...but do we know he's not Toronto Bosh? Put him on a not-so-good team and he likely scores more...maybe even win more since he plays elite D.

Too lazy to look but guessing his numbers look similar to Toronto Bosh. Now Mobley not playing with Lebron and Wade but he is playing with a lot of other guys who can score.

He's a lot better than Gordon IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss we need an explanation on Mobley. Remember when I said adding Mitchell stunted his growth?

I do. As do others.
I mean, he is having a better season than he did his rookie year without Mitchell if that little factoid matters to you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah hes terrible.....hes been hurt a lot of the year and hasnt got a rhythm but hes at 16, 10 and 3 a night, on 59% shooting and was 3 assists shy of the triple double tonight --- at 22 years old.- plus hes down to 31 minutes a game after being at 34 minutes his last 2 years.

and the CAvs are the only team in the NBA with 2 guys averaging 10 rebounds or more a game. plus there is only 1 ball with Mitchell, Garland, Allen, LeVert and Strus at 28, 18, 16, 14, and 12 a night respectively..... 2nd in the East and still a very young team.

you slap Mobley on the Pistons and what are his numbers? I am sure he is happy to share the ball with a lot of solid players and be 2nd in the East than average 24 and 12 a game on 35 minute a night getting his brains bashed in.
Exactly...just mentioned you drop him on Toronto instead of Barnes and he's scoring like Barnes is...also adding 12 or so rebounds and elite D. Maybe bringing something that leads to more winning even.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt...admittedly was thinking the same as shane.....no way we were pulling this out with Kyrie and especially Luca playing like they were.
Those two Strus 3’s (sandwiched around that ridiculous inbound from THJ to Kyrie as Kyrie was going out of bounds) that got it back to 4...

Killer moment in the game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say- was skeptical on the Strus signing but he does a little bit of everything and was the starter they needed in that lineup. He is just a good basketball player--- he hasnt even shot as well from 3 as I expected but he has more than made up for it with everyone else--- he was red hot tonight though.

Pleasant surprise...and exactly the kind of player we needed in that playoff series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and funbags sure do love to give each other blowjobs... Call when Embiid wins a meaningful playoff series as opposed to a ho hum first round match against Brooklyn. Healthy or not just not enough between the ears w/ him.
That was more of a ding at Embiid than Jokic but please don't change. Keep up the hard work. Milestone coming up with 25 followers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you definitely read it. I’ve got you on strings and I can make the puppet dance. Why are Ohioans so easy to troll?
Many here easy to troll...but as far as Ohions go I can promise if you ever talk about Shogun or a show about John Adams I wont reply by reminding you that you thought the NFC was better than the AFC.

Doesn't mean someone else wont.