• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really sucks is knowing that dunk contest was likely better than the game tomorrow

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Mac won because those judges were wack as fuck. Mac, Toppin, and Jaquez all had some really nice dunks that were underscored while Brown had some of the tamest dunks out there and they're giving him damn near perfect scores. Good All Star Saturday overall though. I like the format of the Skills challenge although it was funny seeing some of them screw up some basic directions. 3 point contest was solid with some high scores that got you knocked out in round 1 because everyone was shooting so well. Sabrina vs Steph was great. She came out cooking, putting up a score as good as the 3 point contest competitors but Steph is Steph. Hope they run it back next year. Or make Team Steph/Dame vs Team Sabrina/Clark

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Mac won because those judges were wack as fuck. Mac, Toppin, and Jaquez all had some really nice dunks that were underscored while Brown had some of the tamest dunks out there and they're giving him damn near perfect scores. Good All Star Saturday overall though. I like the format of the Skills challenge although it was funny seeing some of them screw up some basic directions. 3 point contest was solid with some high scores that got you knocked out in round 1 because everyone was shooting so well. Sabrina vs Steph was great. She came out cooking, putting up a score as good as the 3 point contest competitors but Steph is Steph. Hope they run it back next year. Or make Team Steph/Dame vs Team Sabrina/Clark
Yea I been saying it for years now but they need to switch the order of the events but all star Saturday is the only thing i care about during AS weekend as it is almost always a good watch

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I been saying it for years now but they need to switch the order of the events but all star Saturday is the only thing i care about during AS weekend as it is almost always a good watch

They probably should have had Steph vs Sabrina be the main event. That's a marketing dream right there and considering the display they put on, would have been worthy too. But they are completely married to the Dunk Contest on last for whatever reason.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on the Lakers reddit. You can go to 1 hour, 36 minute mark to hear it.

In 2011, there was a deal on the table that would have sent Melo and Nene to the Lakers for Odom and Bynum (I imagine there's more to it but he just mentioned two players for two players). Melo says the "deal was done", but "George (Karl) turned it down". That's when Melo decided he'd be interested in going to the Knicks.

Bruh. Never knew that and now I wish I didn't. I'm sick. Fisher/Kobe/Melo/Pau/Nene with Artest off the bench is winning another chip in that 2011 to 2013 time frame. Fuck George Karl.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2011, there was a deal on the table that would have sent Melo and Nene to the Lakers for Odom and Bynum (I imagine there's more to it but he just mentioned two players for two players). Melo says the "deal was done", but "George (Karl) turned it down". That's when Melo decided he'd be interested in going to the Knicks.

Bruh. Never knew that and now I wish I didn't. I'm sick. Fisher/Kobe/Melo/Pau/Nene with Artest off the bench is winning another chip in that 2011 to 2013 time frame. Fuck George Karl.

they got a better deal from the Knicks

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let’s just ignore the fact that Karl was right here.

That would have been a horrible trade for Denver.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assuming bynum still destroys his knee while bowling….

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see why we would assume he wouldn’t get hurt.

even if you don't assume Bynum gets hurt..

Galinari
Kept Nene
Felton
Chandler
1st rd pick
2 2nd rd picks

all became

Galinari
Javale Mcgee
Andre Miller
Chandler
and I have no clue on the picks lol q

I was really hoping somehow the 2nd rounder was Jokic lol.

But I guess you could have an argument if Bynum continues his climb but Odom was out of the league a couple years later and I doubt he was down for Denver. Galinari and pieces plus picks is very arguably a better package anyway.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Galinari
Kept Nene
Felton
Chandler
1st rd pick
2 2nd rd picks

all became

Galinari
Javale Mcgee
Andre Miller
Chandler

But I guess you could have an argument if Bynum continues his climb but Odom was out of the league a couple years later and I doubt he was down for Denver. Galinari and pieces plus picks is very arguably a better package anyway.

Odom was flipped for a first later

So easily could’ve been Bynum and a first

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Galinari
Kept Nene
Felton
Chandler
1st rd pick
2 2nd rd picks

all became

Galinari
Javale Mcgee
Andre Miller
Chandler

No but they got Jamal murray and the pick that became saric

The Knicks also got a first out of the deal that became poetl

So a few picks for rerouted after that trade

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks traded a top 10 pick for bargs

Lol

How did we not relegate them?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh

that's wild Dallas gave up a first rounder for him lol.

It was more proof that Dell Demps knew what he was doing

People don’t understand very few teams alone likely have the Direct assets you need

Sometimes you need to make another step to make it happen

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks traded a top 10 pick for bargs

Lol

How did we not relegate them?

When you evaluate draft prospects do Euros not scare the shit out of you? Rubio and Doncic felt like no brainers as obviously Wemby as well. but taking Bargnani 1 felt bad the day they did it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I’m concerned the Knicks won it all.

2 weeks ago!

Season ova

F this

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy to say with complete hindsight. At the time, Odom was a borderline all star caliber player and great 6 man type. Bynum was an all star center, arguably the best center in the game at the time (not a great time period for centers but still), and was in his mid twenties. The season this trade was on the table, I think he even made All NBA. No one knew at the time he was gonna get hurt and just stop giving a shit and be out of the league like 3 years later. And those are just the two players Melo mentioned as the anchors of the deal. The way the deals work, you know there would have been loads of picks involved and likely other players. In the mindsight of 2011, that's a fair offer. And as Melo alluded to in the interview, Karl didn't turn it down because it was a bad deal but because he was at odds with Melo, knew that was where Melo wanted to go, and wasn't gonna give him his desired option.