• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2021 NFL Draft Thread.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, their roster is abysmal. One of the worst in a LONG time.......and top 3 worst in the past 2 decades.

Yeah, ive heard ppl clamoring for smith from bama or a tackle. But its the silly season, and you know teams go qb's.

I dunno man. I keep saying this, not to you. But why Wilson? why lance? Yeah lance had that 1 awesome season. Yeah Wilson had a great year. But lots of guys put up video game numbers in college. Wilson showed promise last year. He had a meteoric rise this year. He has an adequate, but not great arm. He is athletic. But its mostly draft pundits and fantasy football pushers right now. I mean last year eason was a first rounder at this time( i got crushed for saying he was a mid round pick at best). Jones, Trask etc are in the publics mind because SEC SEC SEC and big numbers......

The more I read on Jones, the more I think he's not what the media hype is right now. I dunno. I'm just not sold on Wilson YET. He could be the guy. I want more evaluation, more draft process.

I also have read numerous places... That Wilson has a bit of an attitude, and his family is a PITA. They also think he may have some coaching issues and plays hero ball(Wentz anyone lol). Walterfootball(I know I know) claims multiple sources compare him to Johnny football without the drugs. Now walterfootball i don't believe is a great source. But the one guy on there, Charlie does do some nice work and has some good draft analysis, and a pretty good draft record with his rumors(better than most)...it came from him so i keep it in mind.

I dunno....so for me lets pose this question......

why Wilson over Trask or Mac Jones?

why Wlson top 5 over say, Shane Buechele or Sam Ehlinger ..... i know the answers, but most ppl just point to stats...(again not saying you)
Wilson over Mac Jones is easy. Arm talent and mobility.

I still remember ranking the 2018 QBs in this order:

1. Baker Mayfield
2. Josh Rosen
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Sam Darnold
5. Josh Allen

...and Josh Allen might end up being one of the best players in the NFL for the next decade. There is only so much we know about QB prospects as fans and even then we're often wrong. Its up to them to develop.

The only person, as far as I can tell, who accurately give QB rankings is Chris Simms. I find him a bit annoying but he is by far the best QB analyst in the business right now...or the luckiest.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Baker Mayfield
2. Josh Rosen
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Sam Darnold
5. Josh Allen

...and Josh Allen might end up being one of the best players in the NFL for the next decade. There is only so much we know about QB prospects as fans and even then we're often wrong. Its up to them to develop.

The only person, as far as I can tell, who accurately give QB rankings is Chris Simms. I find him a bit annoying but he is by far the best QB analyst in the business right now...or the luckiest.
wilson doesnt have crazy arm talent, its adequate.....

I had baker and sam up top.....then i didnt know.......

yeah simms is good, but ive also seen lists with i believe derek carr top 3 from him before so lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilson doesnt have crazy arm talent, its adequate.....

I had baker and sam up top.....then i didnt know.......

yeah simms is good, but ive also seen lists with i believe derek carr top 3 from him before so lol
I wouldn't worry about Wilson too much, tbh. I don't think the Steelers will have a chance to get him. Even getting one of the other top QBs might cost the Steelers a 1st rounder just to move up and you guys draft too well to make that kind of trade imo. I'd imagine you guys should work the FA market and go after Minshew or Fitzmagic or something like that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry about Wilson too much, tbh. I don't think the Steelers will have a chance to get him. Even getting one of the other top QBs might cost the Steelers a 1st rounder just to move up and you guys draft too well to make that kind of trade imo. I'd imagine you guys should work the FA market and go after Minshew or Fitzmagic or something like that.
Wasnt worrying, merely discussing the draft and prospects like you are. Not
Like the chiefs are getting wilson. Thought thats what we were doing? I was disputing his arm strength

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt worrying, merely discussing the draft and prospects like you are. Not
Like the chiefs are getting wilson? Thought thats what we were doing? I was disputing his arm strength
Gotcha. I like his arm strength. Its not Mahomes but its absolutely NFL level arm. I also haven't heard anyone knock his arm strength.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Baker Mayfield
2. Josh Rosen
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Sam Darnold
5. Josh Allen

Allen’s turnaround and development is better than any other QB in NFL history in a very short amount of time. No one could predict that...well at least from a fans’ perspective. He basically changed everything he’s been doing his whole life, the amount hard work and discpline is out of the roof. Rooting for him and I said he would be awful and tbf he looked like he would be, so far he’s proved me wrong.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine you guys should work the FA market and go after Minshew or Fitzmagic or something like that.
Don't be surprised if Fitzpatrick signs with NE. The Patriots will have $823M to spend and once cannon retires and Gilmore is traded it will be around $108M. Set aside $8M for the draft and the Patriots will be loaded for bear.

The Patriots are drafting 15th and if Wilson falls that far, Belichick will take him. The Steelers will have to give #24 and their 2nd round pick to move up far enough to get a top 5-8 QB. They gave up their 1st last year to get Minkah Fitzpatrick. If they keep it this year, they'll go defense.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a deep slide. I dont see how they don’t go top 10 even with question marks...just too much talent.
Yea I'm going to need some red flags lol. Someone call Tunsil and see if we can borrow his gasmask.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Cheatriots!
You really need your meds.

For the first time in 20 years the Patriots will draft above #28 and have some money to spend.

Cleveland keeps spelling Caca, B-R-O-W-N-S.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time in 20 years the Patriots will draft above #28 and have some money to spend.
Patriots fans: "We have a high draft pick"

Bill Bellichick: "I'm going to trade down twice and pick 5 players you've never heard of."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need your meds.

Cleveland keeps spelling Caca, B-R-O-W-N-S.
Don’t be so sensitive, Nancy

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I like his arm strength. Its not Mahomes but its absolutely NFL level arm. I also haven't heard anyone knock his arm strength.
Ive seen more of late say he has a better arm....but still have seen quite a few say its good not great......im not saying he doesn't have an nfl arm, just saying its not necessarily elite. He also has had that shoulder repaired. So perhaps some of that down talk is due the surgery, and that is his arm got stronger-his zip is back? I'll try and look some more. But that brings up another point. He has had his throwing arm surgically repaired already.......

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had his throwing arm surgically repaired already.......
I'm actually not sure how that impacts him moving forward.

Tbh, I'm mostly worried about reports that he acts like Johnny Manziel to a certain degree. If the Jaguars are getting the next Peyton Manning type of prospect then the Jets don't want to grab the next Ryan Leaf.

I see a lot of mocks with Fields above Wilson so I might be wrong with the initial gut reaction on these Qbs.

Last edited:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Over the Cap has for 2021:

View attachment 262243

They have Patriots at 58,999,418
Thats assuming the cap is 175 mil which they agreed to as the low end of the cap but cap wont be decided till after this season is over and agreed to with the nflpa

According to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, there is now optimism that the NFL salary cap in 2021 could be significantly higher than $175 million. In fact, the possibility exists for it to be set around the range of $195 million in the best-case scenario.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually not sure how that impacts him moving forward.

Tbh, I'm mostly worried about reports that he acts like Johnny Manziel to a certain degree. If the Jaguars are getting the next Peyton Manning type of prospect then the Jets don't want to grab the next Ryan Leaf.

I see a lot of mocks with Fields above Wilson so I might be wrong with the initial gut reaction on these Qbs.
Things will change as the process happens. I think theres a few darkhorse risers, and 1 of lance, fields, wilson fall , perhaps two.