• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2021 NFL Draft Thread.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when I 1st read this I thought. maybe that is why Hill didnt go until the 5th round, but honestly I never knew Hill's college career so it might have been just his play there.
However Hill worked out for a little guy.
So I looked at what ESPN has them listed at.
Smith has 3 inches on Hill & -10 pounds. That is pretty slim.
So then I thought our Cowboys has a slim ass WR in CeeDee lamb. & he did pretty good.
Looked at those stats & I was surprised he weighs 198lbs. Similar height to Smith. So if Lamb looks tiny at his height & outweighs Smith by 25 pounds. I am gonna have to agree. Smith might fall in the draft.

Closest small weight guy I can think of at the tallest would be D-Jax at 5'10" 175 lbs, which is still 3 inches shorter than Smith.
Djax was dominant though

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djax was dominant though
I feel like Waddle is much closer to Djax than Smith.

I think Smith has to be at least Adam Theilen weight to play in the NFL. 190-200 is his weight range, I believe.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Waddle is much closer to Djax than Smith.

I think Smith has to be at least Adam Theilen weight to play in the NFL. 190-200 is his weight range, I believe.
you may be right......my comment was sarcasm.......tbh

However, the one thing about both of them, that DJAX didnt have, is route running, theres more to their game.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior Bowl just wrapping up, anyone that catches your eyes or who you think improved their draft over the past week? This Cade Johnson kid from South Dokota state has sold me

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devonta Smith will have to put on weight at the next level. His weight right now kinda doesnt matter because it can't be that in the NFL.

If he can get off the line then he'll be good, though. If he is a 4.45 speed guy at 190 then thats good enough to still be able to separate. He just isnt going to get that Alabama separation.

Will Fuller was a similar size (6', 180)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when I 1st read this I thought. maybe that is why Hill didnt go until the 5th round, but honestly I never knew Hill's college career so it might have been just his play there.
However Hill worked out for a little guy.
So I looked at what ESPN has them listed at.
Smith has 3 inches on Hill & -10 pounds. That is pretty slim.
So then I thought our Cowboys has a slim ass WR in CeeDee lamb. & he did pretty good.
Looked at those stats & I was surprised he weighs 198lbs. Similar height to Smith. So if Lamb looks tiny at his height & outweighs Smith by 25 pounds. I am gonna have to agree. Smith might fall in the draft.

Closest small weight guy I can think of at the tallest would be D-Jax at 5'10" 175 lbs, which is still 3 inches shorter than Smith.

Hill was drafted in the 5th due to domestic violence charges while still in college.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying all season I wanted the Panthers to get Pitts. He's a freak hybrid TE-WR who would blend well with the speed guys (Moore, Samuel, Anderson, CMC) we have. But that win against WFT in week 16 prolly cost CAR that one. Looking at the mocks, a lot would have to happen.

I'd be ok with Micah Parsons out of PSU there. Shaq Thompson has developed into a good NFL LB, but we're a ways off from a few years ago with Luke and Thomas Davis.

Is Samuel going to re-sign there?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Fuller was a similar size (6', 180)
Also a bit of a cautionary tale, tbh, as Fuller only averages 10 games a season. If Smith is only 6'1" and actually 180 then that might be barely enough to play in the NFL but its still pretty underweight.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Samuel going to re-sign there?
Not known yet. But he had a career year, and the price is gonna be significantly higher than anyone would have thought this time 12 months ago. I feel like he's a must-sign, though, for what the Panthers want to do on O.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Falcons are sticking with Ryan and Julio...expected with all the dead cap. Could free up a QB to fall. Looking at it right now

Jags - drafting Lawrence
Jets - need a QB. Could trade for Watson or draft one
Dolphins - either stick with Tua or draft a QB.

So either one of the two between Fields/Wilson drops to the Lions. Big if is the Jets and if they trade for Watson.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im by no means on the lance train yet. But, this guys draft analysis is usually stellar. Enough to make me intrigued alot more. He does not follow the media hype usually.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im by no means on the lance train yet. But, this guys draft analysis is usually stellar. Enough to make me intrigued alot more. He does not follow the media hype usually.

I might have to watch that when I get time but a Steve McNair comparison is high praise. There is definitely a Trey Lance hype train out there on the internet.

I feel like the guys I'm usually wrong on with QBs are guys with obvious problems on film and then they fix them once they get NFL coaching. Lance's film is pretty darn good. With Lance the issue is that there is a lack of film where he is actually tested. He throws to wide open players. I could see someone having a run-first team and trading up for him. Wilson doesn't seem like much of a game manager and Fields doesn't look quite as natural going off script.

Its an interesting QB draft, thats for sure.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have to watch that when I get time but a Steve McNair comparison is high praise. There is definitely a Trey Lance hype train out there on the internet.

I feel like the guys I'm usually wrong on with QBs are guys with obvious problems on film and then they fix them once they get NFL coaching. Lance's film is pretty darn good. With Lance the issue is that there is a lack of film where he is actually tested. He throws to wide open players. I could see someone having a run-first team and trading up for him. Wilson doesn't seem like much of a game manager and Fields doesn't look quite as natural going off script.

Its an interesting QB draft, thats for sure.
yes sir! i really like his scouting work fwiw......

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got through a couple of game tapes of Vera-Tucker.

I was very impressed. Not sure if he has the quicks to be at tackle long term but you stick him at guard and he is instantly one of the better guards in the league IMO. And I said the exact same thing of Wirfs last year so maybe he can stick at OT.

I do hate the fact that there isn't a combine. I really want to see him measurables and be able to compare them to all prospects but you cant 1 for 1 do that with pro days as some tracks are flat out faster and times less accurate than you get at Indy.

He definitely is the guy right now early in the process that I want to see my Vikes take.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Ruggs flop a little bit in Vegas last year, it does make me wonder how many teams can actually properly utilize someone like Waddle in this draft. I like Waddle a lot but I'm not sure I love the fit on a lot of these teams picking earlier in the draft compared to the other top WRs on the board.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never ever use a first round pick on any running back, they come later. That kid with the Jags Robinson was the best rookie RB last season, (debate with Taylor) the dude wasn't drafted at all. There are TONS of running backs and as we know they can step right in and take off.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never ever use a first round pick on any running back, they come later. That kid with the Jags Robinson was the best rookie RB last season, (debate with Taylor) the dude wasn't drafted at all. There are TONS of running backs and as we know they can step right in and take off.
I think it depends. Josh Jacobs has probably been one of the best Raiders 1st round picks recently, tbh.

I don't think I'd ever use a top 20 pick on a RB ever. I think after the top edge rushers, OTs, CBs, and QBs are all gone then I'm fine. Taylor was picked #41 overall which is only nine spots difference from CEH. Almost the same draft value, really.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quote from Charlie Campbell of Walterfootball:

"I know some teams have Kyle Pitts as the #2 overall talent in the draft behind Trevor Lawrence"

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Ruggs flop a little bit in Vegas last year, it does make me wonder how many teams can actually properly utilize someone like Waddle in this draft. I like Waddle a lot but I'm not sure I love the fit on a lot of these teams picking earlier in the draft compared to the other top WRs on the board.

That really tells you how far the WR position has come in the last 10 years. Used to be that you NEVER expected anything from a rookie WR.

I hardly ever saw the Raiders this last year so I have no idea how he looked. But I wouldnt get too down on a slow rookie year. Rugg's most comparable player would be Tyreek Hill and he did about as good as Hill did as a rookie. I am still not sure how Hill was ever held to under 10 ypc average. You look at the player he is today and you would say that isnt even possible.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really tells you how far the WR position has come in the last 10 years. Used to be that you NEVER expected anything from a rookie WR.

I hardly ever saw the Raiders this last year so I have no idea how he looked. But I wouldnt get too down on a slow rookie year. Rugg's most comparable player would be Tyreek Hill and he did about as good as Hill did as a rookie. I am still not sure how Hill was ever held to under 10 ypc average. You look at the player he is today and you would say that isnt even possible.
Offensive players in general are playing way better as rookies than they used to. A year like Justin Herbert's would've been unheard of a decade ago. The Raiders, for the most part, are a short passing team that can run the ball well and utilize their TE. Closer to Alex Smith's Chiefs teams than the current ones. IIRC, Tyreek Hill was mostly used as a kick returner in year 1 (pro bowler) and I could see the same of Waddle.

You look at the top WR prospects in this draft and they all have a different weakness: Chase doesn't have that top tier separation, Smith doesn't have the ideal NFL body, Waddle doesn't have the developed WR route running. Chase and Smith will likely make a good contested catch. Waddle is going to rely on his speed to beat people deep. A team should probably have a top 10 QB if they draft Waddle in rd1.