• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t impressed watching him senior bowl week, if he doesn’t improve combine week and pro days I think Eason and Fromm leap frog him
There's another with hype. Eason . He certainly didn't show out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s got the arm just a matter of an OC taken advantage of this guys tools
Lots of guys have arms. Hear that every year. Kyle boller had one, locker, Russell, the list goes on. There's a ton of college guys with a cannon.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of guys have arms. Hear that every year. Kyle boller had one, locker, Russell, the list goes on. There's a ton of college guys with a cannon.

He's not them, I actually started to defend the guy once he got up here. He's not very football smart, but he can thread a ball pretty damn good. It's going to take a very good QB coach to be in his ear the first couple of years in the league, but he can very easily be a pro bowl QB when its all said and done.

And to be fair in think hes college coaches didn't cater to his assets and forced him to play in offenses that wasn't built for his style of play.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the flaw in coaches evaluating QBs is their own ego.
QBs main evaluation should be in the film room. Watching their film & when you talk to them seeing how they would break down film. All the greats were intelligent Qbs. only a few were physically gifted QBs.

I think some of these QB guru type coaches think I can teach them up give me the physical tools.
When the 1st thing they should be looking for is the intelligence.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not them, I actually started to defend the guy once he got up here. He's not very football smart, but he can thread a ball pretty damn good. It's going to take a very good QB coach to be in his ear the first couple of years in the league, but he can very easily be a pro bowl QB when its all said and done.

And to be fair in think hes college coaches didn't cater to his assets and forced him to play in offenses that wasn't built for his style of play.

fair enough, you very well may be right.

I think the flaw in coaches evaluating QBs is their own ego.
QBs main evaluation should be in the film room. Watching their film & when you talk to them seeing how they would break down film. All the greats were intelligent Qbs. only a few were physically gifted QBs.

I think some of these QB guru type coaches think I can teach them up give me the physical tools.
When the 1st thing they should be looking for is the intelligence.
Very much agre

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is a crap shoot on these QB's.
Like I said it comes down to the player making good in the system that is built around him!

Prime example, I thought AR was a fool at the time to trade up for Mahomes, conclusion : AR 1 McNabb 0

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is a crap shoot on these QB's.
Like I said it comes down to the player making good in the system that is built around him!

Prime example, I thought AR was a fool at the time to trade up for Mahomes, conclusion : AR 1 McNabb 0
Lol. Yeah. I know. But I guess ThTs my point. The only guys we KNOW are going high is burrow and tua. Hebert likely will. . Beyond that who knows could get someone in the top 15 or no
One else round one.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Yeah. I know. But I guess ThTs my point. The only guys we KNOW are going high is burrow and tua. Hebert likely will. . Beyond that who knows could get someone in the top 15 or no
One else round one.
I use to be anti QBs in the first rounds, when Ryan and Staford were coming in I really thought neither of them deserved first round money

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to be anti QBs in the first rounds, when Ryan and Staford were coming in I really thought neither of them deserved first round money
Surprisingly out of all the guys taken then. They were the only ones who planned out. For years horrible classes. Part of why Ryan's numbers compared to his peers are astronomical .

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys get Dak
Hawks get Wilson
Jags get Minshew
49ers get Jimmy G
Pats got the GOAT

this QBs thing isn’t rocket science sometimes you just have to fall into something to get your franchise guy!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys get Dak
Hawks get Wilson
Jags get Minshew
49ers get Jimmy G
Pats got the GOAT

this QBs thing isn’t rocket science sometimes you just have to fall into something to get your franchise guy!
jimmy g?? minshew? odd choices

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah what was he 2nd rounder for the Pats
yes. but hes certainly not on par with the others, nor is minshew yet.

but i get not many non first round starters. cousins likely best of the rest

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys get Dak
Hawks get Wilson
Jags get Minshew
49ers get Jimmy G
Pats got the GOAT

The hit rate on QBs drafted in the first round is still way higher than the other rounds. Yeah, there are probably as many good QBs from RD2-7 as there are from RD1 but thats actually a knock against those later rounds if you think about it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. but hes certainly not on par with the others, nor is minshew yet.

but i get not many non first round starters. cousins likely best of the rest

Well now they haven't been labeled franchise QB's as of yet but that is coming....

I mean they all don't end up like Tribusky

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now they haven't been labeled franchise QB's as of yet but that is coming....

I mean they all don't end up like Tribusky
actually i just looked i didnt realize 10/32 teams have/had a non first round starter