• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask you, too....from what school would you trust a QB?
I think its easier to give negative marks towards a system than positive marks.

Oklahoma and Clemson both might be on to something, though. Not sure I'd give positive marks but I think they're at least attempting to recruit and develop high end passing games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its easier to give negative marks towards a system than positive marks.

Oklahoma and Clemson both might be on to something, though. Not sure I'd give positive marks but I think they're at least attempting to recruit and develop high end passing games.
On to something? Maybe, but a very small sample size. All of 2 QBs for each and none have had more than 1 solid, complete NFL season. 1 still is in college.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to something? Maybe, but a very small sample size. All of 2 QBs for each and none have had more than 1 solid, complete NFL season. 1 still is in college.
While I mostly agree, I will say that if Jalen Hurts was coming out of...lets say Mizzou...instead of Oklahoma then he'd be seen as a 5th rounder.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I mostly agree, I will say that if Jalen Hurts was coming out of...lets say Mizzou...instead of Oklahoma then he'd be seen as a 5th rounder.
wasn't Dak a 4th rounder...and he had some off the field issues. I really don't think scouts put much into a kid's school.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't Dak a 4th rounder...and he had some off the field issues. I really don't think scouts put much into a kid's school.

He had an alleged DUI but for the most part at MSU he was a very good kid. Wouldnt say that he had “off the field issues”. At the time he was the best QB in the SEC but around that time Miss St was a top football program, he was in the best conference in the country, Dan Mullen was coach and they were in the spotlight...I think it does play a role but like you said, not a major role after the combine, team workouts and scouts. I mean it does play a role to an extent, like if Flacco played in the SEC instead of Delaware he could have been a top 5 pick. I still don’t think it plays a huge role though. Dak wasnt drafted high bc he had a lot of question marks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I don't think this is a lackluster QB draft. Its just a risky one. If I comp them out then its something like:

Burrow = Romo
Love = Dak
Tua = Bridgewater
Herbert = Foles
Eason = Jameis Winston
Fromm = AJ McCarron

Then thats still an alright draft.
Tua arm is muchhh stronger than teddy's

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua arm is muchhh stronger than teddy's
id agree with that. Many people forget that a lot of draft people thought Bridgewater was the next Andrew Luck. Tua is so injury prone, surrounded by talent, and left handed. There is no NFL player to compare him to

Bridgewater also has a career record of 22-12 which has to be the most surprising QB stat in football.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had an alleged DUI but for the most part at MSU he was a very good kid. Wouldnt say that he had “off the field issues”. At the time he was the best QB in the SEC but around that time Miss St was a top football program, he was in the best conference in the country, Dan Mullen was coach and they were in the spotlight...I think it does play a role but like you said, not a major role after the combine, team workouts and scouts. I mean it does play a role to an extent, like if Flacco played in the SEC instead of Delaware he could have been a top 5 pick. I still don’t think it plays a huge role though. Dak wasnt drafted high bc he had a lot of question marks.
Kind of agree it could matter.....but Wentz went #1.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Played against good guys" in the SEC......

"Oh yeah well then why did player X have better stats in the SEC and is ranked lower? They also played on worse teams, with worse quarterbacks.."

"crickets"

Like jauan jennings or bryan edwards....

Edwards' injury clouds things a bit. However, there's more to a receiver than just stats. Can he run a full route tree, or did he just rely on speed against collegiate secondaries to beat everyone deep? Hands, abiity to beat the press, etc. Plus, did those receivers with gaudier stats have talented receivers/backs to steal touches and targets from them?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards' injury clouds things a bit. However, there's more to a receiver than just stats. Can he run a full route tree, or did he just rely on speed against collegiate secondaries to beat everyone deep? Hands, abiity to beat the press, etc. Plus, did those receivers with gaudier stats have talented receivers/backs to steal touches and targets from them?
i agree........but thats rarely brought into discussion.....its "ive seen it" or "they played here"

lets take tyler johnson......or reagor

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
edwards is gonna be a steal if hes healthy.....just my opinion

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id agree with that. Many people forget that a lot of draft people thought Bridgewater was the next Andrew Luck. Tua is so injury prone, surrounded by talent, and left handed. There is no NFL player to compare him to

Bridgewater also has a career record of 22-12 which has to be the most surprising QB stat in football.
lol true.......on all fronts, i never heard luck and bridgewater comparisons?

Kind of agree it could matter.....but Wentz went #1.
no, second overall

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgewater can ball. Was developing nicely and then blew out the knee.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha

If you listened to most fans, a team would never take a QB. Most QBs, no matter what school or conference fail.

Or I guess teams could go the other way and say who is the Cal QB? We better take him...look how good Rodgers is. Or maybe we need to take the NC St guy after wilson and Rivers success.