• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen 2 very lengthy videos where people really tear apart Justin Herbert. He reminds me a lot of Nick Foles. He has some magic every now and then but no consistency.
Hear ya...but I recall seeing lengthy videos tearing apart Deshaun Watson predraft.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
courtesty of @Stomp . But this goes along with what myself and @dtgold88 been preaching
and guess what.....players will still go well before the projections of the guys who are guessing what the big boys will do. Instead of thinking, "hey, maybe these fake GMs messed up" they will rip the real GMs for not listening to the fake GMs and their guesses on what the real GMs would do.

Love it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if they think they can get him later any team would move back. at least to the point they are very confident they know they can still get their guy...and if they don't there is a fallback option that makes it worth moving back.

Yeah problem is the Jets are at 11 and need an OT. But I am all for trading up OR down depending on the circumstance

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arent all Mock drafts completely wrong? They dont usually add in trades (which can change the entire dynamic of the draft) & always look at needs more than just BPA.
Sure a couple picks will usually always be right, but most times the mocks are completely wrong overall.
They are often way off.....and fans think the real GMs messed up and not the guys guessing what the real GMs will do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no way of believing anyone, even watching the film. It’s all about the GM’s/teams and their value
Correct...these guys are like the CIA when it comes to draft/trade intel. They are not telling anyone their real plans. There are guys in their own building they wont tell for fear of a leak.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree, but ive seen ALOT of, well "he looked good against so and so" or "I didnt watch him but they said", or "his college numbers were great"
what I also love are when guys parrot things they hear even though they have no clue what it even means or have watched zero film on the player to know(and, yes, I get some know..but many do not)

"I have concerns about his pad level"
"He has bad feet and/or hips"
"I worry about how he bends"

I love this time of year!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are often way off.....and fans think the real GMs messed up and not the guys guessing what the real GMs will do.
so true.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I also love are when guys parrot things they hear even though they have no clue what it even means or have watched zero film on the player to know(and, yes, I get some know..but many do not)

"I have concerns about his pad level"
"He has bad feet and/or hips"
"I worry about how he bends"

I love this time of year!!
"Played against good guys" in the SEC......

"Oh yeah well then why did player X have better stats in the SEC and is ranked lower? They also played on worse teams, with worse quarterbacks.."

"crickets"

Like jauan jennings or bryan edwards....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Played against good guys" in the SEC......

"Oh yeah well then why did player X have better stats in the SEC and is ranked lower? They also played on worse teams, with worse quarterbacks.."

"crickets"

Like jauan jennings or bryan edwards....
always found it amusing when fans say don't draft a QB from (pick a school or conference) Like there has been a school or conference that is producing better QBs than the others?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear ya...but I recall seeing lengthy videos tearing apart Deshaun Watson predraft.
Yeah, there were a lot of red flags with Watson that were really easy to clean up and I think thats something that a lot of people, including myself, totally missed.

At the end of the day, we aren't NFL people. When Watson had bad games against nobody teams in college, it wasn't a red flag. He obviously just didn't put in the effort in those games because his team was so good that everyone knew it didn't matter. His ball velocity issues were easily fixed and never appeared in the NFL.

Herbert isn't a terrible prospect. A lot of his red flags are similar to Haskins' red flags. Like Haskins, though, Herbert should probably slide a little bit in the draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there were a lot of red flags with Watson that were really easy to clean up and I think thats something that a lot of people, including myself, totally missed.

At the end of the day, we aren't NFL people. When Watson had bad games against nobody teams in college, it wasn't a red flag. He obviously just didn't put in the effort in those games because his team was so good that everyone knew it didn't matter. His ball velocity issues were easily fixed and never appeared in the NFL.

Herbert isn't a terrible prospect. A lot of his red flags are similar to Haskins' red flags. Like Haskins, though, Herbert should probably slide a little bit in the draft.

Yeah the strange thing is Herbert's had more more experience, he seems like a "veteran" college player but I still see him as a development type.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the strange thing is Herbert's had more more experience, he seems like a "veteran" college player but I still see him as a development type.
He is a college veteran but I think he is only 2 months older than Haskins coming out so I think there is an argument for Herbert going rd1.

I'm a little more skeptical of him than I was of Haskins because Herbert has more than twice as many pass attempts in college coming out as Haskins.

Imo Herbert should go somewhere around pick 20

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a college veteran but I think he is only 2 months older than Haskins coming out so I think there is an argument for Herbert going rd1.

I'm a little more skeptical of him than I was of Haskins because Herbert has more than twice as many pass attempts in college coming out as Haskins.

Imo Herbert should go somewhere around pick 20

I agree, no way is he a top 6 pick even in a lackluster QB draft like this one.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, no way is he a top 6 pick even in a lackluster QB draft like this one.
FWIW, I don't think this is a lackluster QB draft. Its just a risky one. If I comp them out then its something like:

Burrow = Romo
Love = Dak
Tua = Bridgewater
Herbert = Foles
Eason = Jameis Winston
Fromm = AJ McCarron

Then thats still an alright draft.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always found it amusing when fans say don't draft a QB from (pick a school or conference) Like there has been a school or conference that is producing better QBs than the others?
Guilty

Never trust a QB from USC

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its Notre Dame, USC, Baylor, or Oklahoma St then I'll give a lot of pause before trusting a QB

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I don't think this is a lackluster QB draft. Its just a risky one. If I comp them out then its something like:

Burrow = Romo
Love = Dak
Tua = Bridgewater
Herbert = Foles
Eason = Jameis Winston
Fromm = AJ McCarron

Then thats still an alright draft.

Yeah definitely risky. I could realistically see none of these panning out but I do believe in Burrow

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah definitely risky. I could realistically see none of these panning out but I do believe in Burrow
I think Burrow has about an 80% chance of being good. From there...there is a reason that Miami is rumored to be throwing around massive trade value to get to #1