• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like he is short a nut, just doesn't have the "it" factor, or killer instinct. Always leave you wanting more
The one thing I saw is that his vision seemed really inconsistent. Not sure if it's a huge issue but it could be.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you hand millions to a 20 something guy and you coach him on and off the field you can change his mentality...

And a few years backs I said the same thing about Matt Ryan, thought he didn't show the killer attitude
All The guys who can't stop smoking weed or beating woman etc says millions don't always change someone.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you hand millions to a 20 something guy and you coach him on and off the field you can change his mentality...

And a few years backs I said the same thing about Matt Ryan, thought he didn't show the killer attitude

The one thing I saw is that his vision seemed really inconsistent. Not sure if it's a huge issue but it could be.

worth a read

also, the QB situation is ognna change so much in FA.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worth a read

also, the QB situation is ognna change so much in FA.

I said it a couple days ago his accuracy goes to crap when he gets moved off his spot or rolls out, @Clayton raises the point about his vision 100% agreed, and some of his decisions over the years makes you scratch your head but his college completion rate sits at a 64% and in today's NFL standards that is a top 5 pick right there.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it a couple days ago his accuracy goes to crap when he gets moved off his spot or rolls out, @Clayton raises the point about his vision 100% agreed, and some of his decisions over the years makes you scratch your head but his college completion rate sits at a 64% and in today's NFL standards that is a top 5 pick right there.
There's a lot of college qbs with 63+ completion percentage just look at last year. 41 qbs at 63 or higher College Football Player Stats & Stats Leaders - Completion Percentage

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head game, it's more important than physical Tools imho
So I've watched three games of his to get a better feel (Wash St, Wash, Utah) and he is definitely more raw than you'd like to see from a top tier QB prospect.

That Oregon Oline looked really good. Herbert was really comfortable doing play-action and sitting in the pocket for long stretches and when he could do that and throw either to the flat or down the middle of the field he looked like a stud. He'd look off safeties and hit deep passes. He'd throw bullets 10 yards on slants. He'd let his RBs get yards in the flat. He'd dodge sack attempts gracefully.

When he starts rolling out he tries to use his arm like he is Mahomes and the ball dies and comes in too low or he tries to get his feet set and the accuracy is just way off downfield. He has college wheels that let him make run plays in college but thats not going to get him anywhere at the next level.

I think in all three games he had a fumbled exchange from center which is nuts.

I saw the vision issues in the Wash St game. Missed his first read that was streaking for a TD because he wanted to work back towards his third read. It makes you wonder if the reads are being made pre snap. One of the first plays he misses and easy hitch to the outside and instead scrambles towards the open guy. Has a good couple of seconds to make the throw but decides to scramble instead and in the NFL it would've been for no gain instead of an easy first down.

I'm not sure I care enough to deeply look into the QB class because my team isnt looking for one but I'm seeing someone more Haskins level than a guaranteed top 5.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I'm not not trying to hype the kid ( christ I hate the Ducks) but you take his tape from college and the tape from Senior Bowl week, then what he does this week at the combines and his pro day someone is going to fall in love with him!
Look at Wentz, look at Mahomes, not saying he's going to be as good, but those two came out of no where and progressed up the draft boards.

Plus you factor in Tua's hip, ( Reports are he is improving) but that is a huge red flag medical. Love to me isn't the pro bowl QB everyone thinks hes going to be.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I'm not not trying to hype the kid ( christ I hate the Ducks) but you take his tape from college and the tape from Senior Bowl week, then what he does this week at the combines and his pro day someone is going to fall in love with him!
Look at Wentz, look at Mahomes, not saying he's going to be as good, but those two came out of no where and progressed up the draft boards.

Plus you factor in Tua's hip, ( Reports are he is improving) but that is a huge red flag medical. Love to me isn't the pro bowl QB everyone thinks hes going to be.
Depends. If the Chargers go in on Teddy Bridgewater and Miami gets Rivers or something like that then I think he could have a Haskins or possibly even Lock level of fall.

Lots of QBs in the market right now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree:agree:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. If the Chargers go in on Teddy Bridgewater and Miami gets Rivers or something like that then I think he could have a Haskins or possibly even Lock level of fall.

yeah this qb market is like NEVER before, theres as many as 6 FA qb's that could be starters, plus the draft picks, lots of dominoes.

I mean seriously a guy like fromm, eason, etc could fall massivel like round 3-4-5-6

around 10-12 qb's get drafted yearly, but there usually isnt this much available in FA either

FWIW Herbert reminds me of josh rosen

Last edited:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But at the end of the day both will be looking for a franchise QB (younger) sooner or later!
I love Teddy and he is still very young but do you think there is a GM or coaching staff out there that thinks he can be a serious franchise QB?

And Miami needs to younger franchise QB, they have to give their fans hope in for the future

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at the end of the day both will be looking for a franchise QB (younger) sooner or later!
I love Teddy and he is still very young but do you think there is a GM or coaching staff out there that thinks he can be a serious franchise QB?

And Miami needs to younger franchise QB, they have to give their fans hope in for the future
i do, he was a first rounder, was gonna be miamis starter but declined, and went 5-0 this year, yes someone will take that gamble

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do, he was a first rounder, was gonna be miamis starter but declined, and went 5-0 this year, yes someone will take that gamble

Again I love the kid and I think he can play, but I think you look at what happen with Nick Foles in Jax last season and the FA QB thing might not live up to the hype.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW Herbert reminds me of josh rosen
Generally I don't like comparing first round prospects to epic busts. Thats why I like something like a Haskins or Foles comparison. Its non-committal and allows for the idea that he might succeed if he goes to a good situation (Indy, for example)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question for you college player gurus.
Henry Ruggs. I hear he has 4.2 speed & only dropped one ball all year long.
So when people talk of positives. he sounds perfect.
if you were an NFL scout & you had to find something to question or a weakness. What would you find (if anything)
I dont believe too many college players are perfect coming out of college. What kind of drawback could you find to nitpick on this guy?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question for you college player gurus.
Henry Ruggs. I hear he has 4.2 speed & only dropped one ball all year long.
So when people talk of positives. he sounds perfect.
if you were an NFL scout & you had to find something to question or a weakness. What would you find (if anything)
I dont believe too many college players are perfect coming out of college. What kind of drawback could you find to nitpick on this guy?

His biggest issue is press coverage. Right now he is pretty raw when it comes to knowing how to get off the LOS. There were plays where Ruggs was still at the LOS while Jeudy was 10-15 yards down the field making a play.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I don't like comparing first round prospects to epic busts. Thats why I like something like a Haskins or Foles comparison. Its non-committal and allows for the idea that he might succeed if he goes to a good situation (Indy, for example)

Yeah agreed on the whole "comparison gig"

We can sit here and have the great debate of what QB's will go where, but the end of the day its all about the love they get from a team, and we all know sometimes that can make a team do foolish things on moving up to take a QB to early....

I think in the last five years I see one guy that hasn't lived up the hype and that's Tribusky....