• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @Across The Field

what is with our fans and kickers? Every time I hear of one who becomes available we must have him (never mind we don't know if SF wants to trade Gould).

Not opposed to getting a better kicker, but you'd think Joseph was 8-12 as a rookie and didn't hit his first 50 yarder until his 4th season.....like some guy named Phil Dawson.

I loved Phil Dawson, he was very accurate just didn't have a huge leg. He was clutch though for those shitty Browns teams lol.

Joseph was a rookie and he looked better. Give him another season like I think they will. We have to worry about PAT's more than FG's with him though lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Phil Dawson, he was very accurate just didn't have a huge leg. He was clutch though for those shitty Browns teams lol.

Joseph was a rookie and he looked better. Give him another season like I think they will. We have to worry about PAT's more than FG's with him though lol
No doubt he has to get better on his PATs. But the guy was better than most top kickers when they were rookies.

Guessing they'll bring in either a vet or rookie to compete and may the best man win.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @Across The Field

what is with our fans and kickers? Every time I hear of one who becomes available we must have him (never mind we don't know if SF wants to trade Gould).

Not opposed to getting a better kicker, but you'd think Joseph was 8-12 as a rookie and didn't hit his first 50 yarder until his 4th season.....like some guy named Phil Dawson.
I think after seeing some of our losses last year, the thought is we have to prioritize kicker at least to some level. Joseph was a fine kicker, but if we can upgrade, I'm all for it. Not sure Gould is the answer though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after seeing some of our losses last year, the thought is we have to prioritize kicker at least to some level. Joseph was a fine kicker, but if we can upgrade, I'm all for it. Not sure Gould is the answer though.
Always for upgrading, but not so sure the position is as dire as some have us believe.....I think they believe Joseph was the kicker who missed kicks in the first few weeks (Zane)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always for upgrading, but not so sure the position is as dire as some have us believe.....I think they believe Joseph was the kicker who missed kicks in the first few weeks (Zane)
Yeah you could very well be right. I felt bad for Zane. He was actually injured but was too afraid to tell anyone because he thought it'd cost him his job.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you could very well be right. I felt bad for Zane. He was actually injured but was too afraid to tell anyone because he thought it'd cost him his job.
Not sure if you were aware, but he had some good moments for AZ down the stretch. Think he nailed two 50 yarders (one late maybe) to win a game for them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edited:

1 ARZ - DE Nick Bosa
2 SF - DT Quinnen Williams
3 NYJ - Edge Josh Allen
4 OAK - DL Ed Oliver
5 TB - LB Devin White
6 NYG - OL Jawaan Taylor
7 JAX - TE TJ Hockensen
8 DET - DL Devin Bush
9 BUF - DL Rashan Gary
10 DEN - QB Drew Lock (could trade up)
11 CIN - QB Kyler Murray (could trade up)
12 GB - OL Cody Ford
13 MIA - QB Dwayne Haskins
14 ATL - DT Christian Wilkins
15 WAS – Edge Montez Sweat
16 CAR - OL Jonah Williams
17 NYG – QB Daniel Jones
18 MIN - OL Andre Dillard
19 TEN - WR DK Metcalf
20 PIT - CB DeAndre Baker
21 SEA – Edge Brian Burns
22 BAL - OL Chris Lindstrom
23 HOU - CB Byron Murphy
24 OAK - CB Greedy Williams
25 PHI – RB Josh Jacobs
26 IND – OL Garrett Bradbury
27 OAK - TE Noah Fant
28 LAC - OT Kaleb McGary
29 SEA – WR Marquise Brown
30 GB – DL Clenin Ferrell
31 LAR - DL Dexter Lawrence
32 NE - TE Irv Smith

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you were aware, but he had some good moments for AZ down the stretch. Think he nailed two 50 yarders (one late maybe) to win a game for them.
Oh he was a fantastic prospect. I honestly was excited when we got him because I thought he was going to lock down the position for the next decade. I still think he can have a long career, and I hope he does. From all accounts, he's a great kid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he was a fantastic prospect. I honestly was excited when we got him because I thought he was going to lock down the position for the next decade. I still think he can have a long career, and I hope he does. From all accounts, he's a great kid.
Just rumors, but have you been hearing the Shoebert rumors? Now I'm one who thinks anyone can be traded (depending what you get back) but I really hope if this happens it's not more about ego for Dorsey and he just wants guys he acquired/drafted.

LB not exactly a position of strength.

Then again, I should probably take the advice I'd usually give and not worry so much about rumors that haven't happened.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rumors, but have you been hearing the Shoebert rumors? Now I'm one who thinks anyone can be traded (depending what you get back) but I really hope if this happens it's not more about ego for Dorsey and he just wants guys he acquired/drafted.

Then again, I should probably take the advice I'd usually give and not worry so much about rumors that haven't happened.
I have been hearing those. My guess is if there's any truth to it, it's not going to be a small trade - player for player, or player for a pick. I could see him being available in an effort to bolster the secondary (Patrick Peterson?). I like Schobert, but I wouldn't be pissed if we moved him. He's a demon in pass defense, but he is absolutely horrendous in run defense. He led the league in missed tackles last year. Maybe having a different DC in there could help. However, I'm not married to the idea of him being a Brown. Personally, I'd rather trade him and sign Zach Brown. I think he would be perfect for our defense. He's elite against the run and improved against the pass last year, and he's still only 29.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hearing those. My guess is if there's any truth to it, it's not going to be a small trade - player for player, or player for a pick. I could see him being available in an effort to bolster the secondary (Patrick Peterson?). I like Schobert, but I wouldn't be pissed if we moved him. He's a demon in pass defense, but he is absolutely horrendous in run defense. He led the league in missed tackles last year. Maybe having a different DC in there could help. However, I'm not married to the idea of him being a Brown. Personally, I'd rather trade him and sign Zach Brown. I think he would be perfect for our defense. He's elite against the run and improved against the pass last year, and he's still only 29.
Yeah...this isn't a knock against Dorsey if there's a plan to find someone better. Would be a little upsetting, though, if he just moved him for, say, a 4th or 5th rounder.

Not great in run D, but as you said could that be scheme? Guy played a ton of pass coverage (and at worse is well above avg. in that area).

could also be they've had contract discussions and maybe he's asking for too much. Doesn't strike me as that type, but maybe the agent is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah the move doesn't make any sense, I also saw rumors. They don't have much depth as it is. I understand Shobert is on his last year of his contract, so that could be part of the reason the rumors came up, hard to believe at this point.
Yeah I like Shobert but the fact is...he is replaceable and isn't the most athletic LB. I just hope they include him in a big trade or get reasonable value for him if they do trade him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...this isn't a knock against Dorsey if there's a plan to find someone better. Would be a little upsetting, though, if he just moved him for, say, a 4th or 5th rounder.

Not great in run D, but as you said could that be scheme? Guy played a ton of pass coverage (and at worse is well above avg. in that area).

could also be they've had contract discussions and maybe he's asking for too much. Doesn't strike me as that type, but maybe the agent is.

I mean if he was included in a Peterson trade...I wouldn't be too upset. I just don't like the lack of depth they have at the position at the moment but rumors are rumors.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the move doesn't make any sense, I also saw rumors. They don't have much depth as it is. I understand Shobert is on his last year of his contract, so that could be part of the reason the rumors came up, hard to believe at this point.
Yeah I like Shobert but the fact is...he is replaceable and isn't the most athletic LB. I just hope they include him in a big trade or get reasonable value for him if they do trade him.
Guy is one of the best in pass coverage, so not sure "not one of most athletic" is true.

But again, I should let it play out as only rumors so far.

In addition, I know he was a disappointment at times, but I might have held onto Collins as well. don't need the money. He is very athletic if that's what you want. Can always dump him later if he's a problem......different story if I felt better about the LB position

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think there's any way Dorsey is going to let him go for pennies like that. If he gets traded, my guess is it's a larger trade involving 4-5 total assets (players/picks) and it would be for a major contributor, and my guess is it'd be a DB. If that's the case, I'm all for it. I'm not wild about the MLB spot in this draft after Devin Bush, so my hope is he doesn't plan on filling a starter role with a mid-round guy, but then again I didn't think much of Genard Avery last year when we picked him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any way Dorsey is going to let him go for pennies like that. If he gets traded, my guess is it's a larger trade involving 4-5 total assets (players/picks) and it would be for a major contributor, and my guess is it'd be a DB. If that's the case, I'm all for it. I'm not wild about the MLB spot in this draft after Devin Bush, so my hope is he doesn't plan on filling a starter role with a mid-round guy, but then again I didn't think much of Genard Avery last year when we picked him.
Let Collins go for less than pennies. what was the rush?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins was a lollygagger who was also top 5 in most missed tackles. His effort was inconsistent. I was totally fine with letting him walk, honestly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is one of the best in pass coverage, so not sure "not one of most athletic" is true.

But again, I should let it play out as only rumors so far.

In addition, I know he was a disappointment at times, but I might have held onto Collins as well. don't need the money. He is very athletic if that's what you want. Can always dump him later if he's a problem......different story if I felt better about the LB position

He wasn't a combine warrior. Don't get me wrong I like him if he can do one specific thing and that is to be mainly a cover LB. LB's are supposed to tackle though, that is their MAIN objective and he wasn't very good at that, plain and simple.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bc he wasn't very good lol. It's why Avery was seeing more and more playing time. I love Avery and Kirksey, love them both.