• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only one that thinks they need to slow their roll on Baker. Second year is the better barometer.

After decades of inept play at the QB position, if I were a Browns fan I'd be elated too, but I agree that Baker is not out of the woods yet.

At the same time I have concerns about the new staff, dual jobs for the 1st time HC, but they have enough skill position talent around Baker that he shouldn't have to shoulder the load...if he's averaging 35-40 passes a game, the Browns probably won't make the playoffs...25 to 30...they stand a good chance.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Not bad. But have to wonder why he played so sparingly and was let go by steelers. I'm guessing more moves will come but I'd just assume keep Ogbah/Kindred over Murray/Burnett....to this point.
I really don't understand why people were upset about Kindred being let go. He was absolutely horrible last year, like far, far behind Murray and actually Burnett, as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me. Look at the players Dorsey has acquired this offseason, most have ties to him in the past.

He sticks with guys he trusts, who knows if it works out or not but it reminds of what Lebron does. He would recruit guys he played with or had ties with in the past. Guys where he knows their games and fits with the team.
It's fine. Mostly role players at this point. It's hilarious, though. Have actually seen Gilbert and Burnett called "great pickups" (Gilbert has 3 passes and was out of league 2015-17 BTW)

I'm pretty sure Dorsey could sign Johnny Dumbass and be give credit for giving him another chance.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After decades of inept play at the QB position, if I were a Browns fan I'd be elated too, but I agree that Baker is not out of the woods yet.

At the same time I have concerns about the new staff, dual jobs for the 1st time HC, but they have enough skill position talent around Baker that he shouldn't have to shoulder the load...if he's averaging 35-40 passes a game, the Browns probably won't make the playoffs...25 to 30...they stand a good chance.
All fair comments. I think they win the division, but fair to wonder before stepping on the field and beating a quality team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why people were upset about Kindred being let go. He was absolutely horrible last year, like far, far behind Murray and actually Burnett, as well.
But he was much better the previous season...when he actually played.

I'm fine with all the moves the last week. All backups.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine. Mostly role players at this point. It's hilarious, though. Have actually seen Gilbert and Burnett called "great pickups" (Gilbert has 3 passes and was out of league 2015-17 BTW)

I'm pretty sure Dorsey could sign Johnny Dumbass and be give credit for giving him another chance.

Who said they were great pickups?

Burnett - they needed a safety. They got a veteran safety who can at the least help in the locker room and teach the young guys.

Gilbert - is nothing more than a 3rd string. He won't play ever.

Seems like you just don't care for Dorsey, which is fine, but I don't see anyone saying these are great pickups.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well they their starters are set other than SS. Well they might have that guard that will be competitive in training camp but everything else is pretty much set. At this point, Dorsey is just trying to find decent guys for depth, injuries, etc.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burnett and Murray would both have started over Kindred this year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they their starters are set other than SS. Well they might have that guard that will be competitive in training camp but everything else is pretty much set. At this point, Dorsey is just trying to find decent guys for depth, injuries, etc.
And cannot say enough I love we can pretty much ignore all talk about 1st round QBs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said they were great pickups?

Burnett - they needed a safety. They got a veteran safety who can at the least help in the locker room and teach the young guys.

Gilbert - is nothing more than a 3rd string. He won't play ever.

Seems like you just don't care for Dorsey, which is fine, but I don't see anyone saying these are great pickups.
I do like Dorsey.....Go to the Browns facebook page and you'll see some comments about these being great pickups.

Told you my only issue is with the "everything Sashi bad, everything Dorsey good" crowd.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in your opinion...and if Dorsey decided. We don't know for sure.
They would've. They were both exponentially better than Kindred last year. He was the #90 safety in the league last year, it was an easy cut.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Dorsey.....Go to the Browns facebook page and you'll see some comments about these being great pickups.

Told you my only issue is with the "everything Sashi bad, everything Dorsey good" crowd.

Yeah well if we are talking about randos I wouldn't pay much attention, they will think every move is great. I meant what writers for the Browns think they were great pickups? I have looked at Browns sites and don't see anyone writer that thinks they are "great". I just don't think Sashi deserves most of the credit like you are implying.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well if we are talking about randos I wouldn't pay much attention, they will think every move is great. I meant what writers for the Browns think they were great pickups? I have looked at Browns sites and don't see anyone writer that thinks they are "great". I just don't think Sashi deserves most of the credit like you are implying.
Evidently if you don't believe Sashi deserves most of the credit for Dorsey's big moves, you think everything Sashi is bad and everything Dorsey is good, no matter what else you've said.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what I see from all the sites and what I have said from the start:

"The Browns were believed to be in the market for free agent safety Tre Boston, but a possible Morgan Burnett signing makes sense as well. Burnett brings to the Cleveland Browns an understanding of a division rival, plus he has strong connections to Browns Assistant General Manager, Eliot Wolf, from his time with the Green Bay Packers.

Overall, Morgan Burnett, at the age of 30, is closer to the end of his career than the beginning. He will bring a strong veteran presence in the secondary, but should only be penciled in the starting lineup. The Browns should not be considered “done” at the safety position between the third wave of NFL free agency and the upcoming NFL Draft."

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Not bad. But have to wonder why he played so sparingly and was let go by steelers. I'm guessing more moves will come but I'd just assume keep Ogbah/Kindred over Murray/Burnett....to this point.

I think....the plan was for Burnett to be the starter (at SS) and work in Edmunds on sub pkgs (LY 1st rd pick) as the season went along.

True to historical form...Burnett was nicked up in camp and not ready for week one...Edmunds got the SS job and played well enough to keep it when Burnett returned...so essentially he played the role that Edmunds was likely going to play...It probably was going to be more of the same this season, Burnett requested a release...he was shopped around in trade, but no takers. Now with Mark Barron signed there was no need for Burnett's services.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair comments. I think they win the division, but fair to wonder before stepping on the field and beating a quality team.

I'm still thinking PIT wins the DIV, (expecting them to win a couple more on the road than CLE)...but it wouldn't surprise me to see everyone split the DIV games. Anyone getting a sweep will likely win it.

For the 1st time in a long time...it's feasible the Browns could win the DIV. Looking forward to this season already...should be fun with no clear cut favorite.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking PIT wins the DIV, (expecting them to win a couple more on the road than CLE)...but it wouldn't surprise me to see everyone split the DIV games. Anyone getting a sweep will likely win it.

For the 1st time in a long time...it's feasible the Browns could win the DIV. Looking forward to this season already...should be fun with no clear cut favorite.
Just jump on team baker, u know ur waivering

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And cannot say enough I love we can pretty much ignore all talk about 1st round QBs.

It is nice. The only talk I typically do about them now is hoping more teams take them too early to push down real prospects at other positions.