• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me think getting an interior lineman might be the way to go in FA unless they make a trade. There are a ton of DE pass rushers available in the 1st round: Burns, Ferrell, Sweat...and even then we stick with Ogbah and hope he keeps improving or getting a pass rusher in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th.
Sounds like Polite has plummeted after the combine, so he may be worth a flier in the 2nd round. If not, guys like Jaylon Ferguson or Oshane Ximines may be worth a look in the 3rd.

If not in the draft, I'm wondering if it might be worth it to look at Trey Flowers. I can't think of any others in FA that would be that big of an investment, and Flowers could be a monster opposite Garrett. He could even squeeze inside on passing downs to allow for Ogbah to get in, which would make it hell on opposing QBs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Polite has plummeted after the combine, so he may be worth a flier in the 2nd round. If not, guys like Jaylon Ferguson or Oshane Ximines may be worth a look in the 3rd.

If not in the draft, I'm wondering if it might be worth it to look at Trey Flowers. I can't think of any others in FA that would be that big of an investment, and Flowers could be a monster opposite Garrett. He could even squeeze inside on passing downs to allow for Ogbah to get in, which would make it hell on opposing QBs.

A guy definitely to watch out for is Flowers. He would be a great addiction on the opposite side of Garrett. I am liking Oliver more and more in the draft too, a lot of mocks have him going to the Browns....I would be very happy with this...

DE - Garrett
DT - Ogunjobi
DT - Oliver
DE - Flowers

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grady Jarrett and Frank Clark are now off the board, as both were assigned the franchise tag.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy definitely to watch out for is Flowers. He would be a great addiction on the opposite side of Garrett. I am liking Oliver more and more in the draft too, a lot of mocks have him going to the Browns....I would be very happy with this...

DE - Garrett
DT - Ogunjobi
DT - Oliver
DE - Flowers
I'd be shocked if Oliver lasted to 17, but I'd definitely take him. It could very easily work out grabbing Flowers, but the only issue is we're going to have some seriously huge contracts coming due in 2-3 years, with Garrett, Mayfield, Chubb, Ward, and Njoku all coming due for new deals. The 5th year team options will be huge for all of these players, but we're gonna need to have some serious money available.

Collins being gone will certainly help, and Kevin Zeitler's cap number is pretty big but he's only got 3 more years. Obviously Baker's contract will be priority number 1, but some major pieces will have to be accounted for.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if Oliver lasted to 17, but I'd definitely take him. It could very easily work out grabbing Flowers, but the only issue is we're going to have some seriously huge contracts coming due in 2-3 years, with Garrett, Mayfield, Chubb, Ward, and Njoku all coming due for new deals. The 5th year team options will be huge for all of these players, but we're gonna need to have some serious money available.

Collins being gone will certainly help, and Kevin Zeitler's cap number is pretty big but he's only got 3 more years. Obviously Baker's contract will be priority number 1, but some major pieces will have to be accounted for.

Yeah but at least most of those they won't have to worry about until 2022. Most of those big OL contracts will be up by then. The big Garrett contract will come then Mayfield, two huge contracts and big pieces.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but at least most of those they won't have to worry about until 2022. Most of those big OL contracts will be up by then. The big Garrett contract will come then Mayfield, two huge contracts and big pieces.
I'm hoping Corbett actually works himself into a useful piece. I imagine he could be the hear apparent to Zeitler, but he's gonna need some PT and to show a bit more than what he has.

Honestly, as long as Dorsey is running the show, I'm more than happy with what he has in mind.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dee Ford, Justin Houston and Eric Berry all off the team by 2020 its not hard to see why Dorsey isnt the Chiefs GM anymore.

They're probably doing their due diligence with the Ford/Houston situation but it look like Ford is staying for one more year and Houston is probably getting cut.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dee Ford, Justin Houston and Eric Berry all off the team by 2020 its not hard to see why Dorsey isnt the Chiefs GM anymore.

They're probably doing their due diligence with the Ford/Houston situation but it look like Ford is staying for one more year and Houston is probably getting cut.
Why? They were all really good players. It's not like he drafted a bunch of duds that never contributed.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? They were all really good players. It's not like he drafted a bunch of duds that never contributed.
The previous GM (Pioli) actually drafted Berry and Houston. Dorsey is the one that signed them to massive contracts.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previous GM (Pioli) actually drafted Berry and Houston. Dorsey is the one that signed them to massive contracts.
Oh my bad. Still though, they were good players, so what was so bad about keeping them?