• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll be "losing" Collins so much as cutting him. He's got to go.

Houston would be fine but he's only ever played OLB. If we're going for a DE, I'd probably rather grab one in the draft. It could work with him but making that sort of position switch at age 30 is a gamble. I was really hoping for Graham but he re-signed with Philly.

I know it's a pipe dream, but if for some reason things don't work out with Grady Jarrett in ATL, I'd back the Brinks truck up to his door and then go grab someone like Clellin Ferrell in the draft. That would be a horrifying DL.
with cap issues a no brainer to cut Collins. Not sure they get rid of him without a better option, though maybe they try and restructure?

Guy seemed like he was at least OK when engaged. And, agree, with what he's paid he should always be engaged, but that's not how it works with many NFL players. Should be easier to keep him engaged this season and we don't know what Kitchens or Wilks thinks about him yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll be "losing" Collins so much as cutting him. He's got to go.

Houston would be fine but he's only ever played OLB. If we're going for a DE, I'd probably rather grab one in the draft. It could work with him but making that sort of position switch at age 30 is a gamble. I was really hoping for Graham but he re-signed with Philly.

I know it's a pipe dream, but if for some reason things don't work out with Grady Jarrett in ATL, I'd back the Brinks truck up to his door and then go grab someone like Clellin Ferrell in the draft. That would be a horrifying DL.

I am thinking with that 1st rounder they get an interior lineman or pass rusher. DT or DE. A ton of great options imo. It all depends on what they do in FA. If they get a guy like Jarrett than Ferrell, Sweat or another guy would make sense, that DL is going to be sick if they can make those moves. WR depth is pretty good in this draft they can grab one in the 2nd or 3rd round and I'm sure they will be busy in FA at WR, OT, CB, DL.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with cap issues a no brainer to cut Collins. Not sure they get rid of him without a better option, though maybe they try and restructure?

Guy seemed like he was at least OK when engaged. And, agree, with what he's paid he should always be engaged, but that's not how it works with many NFL players. Should be easier to keep him engaged this season and we don't know what Kitchens or Wilks thinks about him yet.
He's a definite no-brainer to be cut as he only leaves like 1.5m in dead space if he's cut. His work ethic has been a constant issue that showed itself repeatedly last year. I think the smartest move would be to go after Jordan Hicks in FA, but I'd even be happy with them going after someone like Preston Brown or Brandon Marshall to replace him, who are both available.

There's also a real possibility they replace him in the draft. Mack Wilson, Tre Lamar, or TJ Edwards would make sense in rd 2-3.

There are just way better options than him, and this is a young, aggressive defense that doesn't have time for a guy like him who's half-assing it all the time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a definite no-brainer to be cut as he only leaves like 1.5m in dead space if he's cut. His work ethic has been a constant issue that showed itself repeatedly last year. I think the smartest move would be to go after Jordan Hicks in FA, but I'd even be happy with them going after someone like Preston Brown or Brandon Marshall to replace him, who are both available.

There's also a real possibility they replace him in the draft. Mack Wilson, Tre Lamar, or TJ Edwards would make sense in rd 2-3.

There are just way better options than him, and this is a young, aggressive defense that doesn't have time for a guy like him who's half-assing it all the time.
If there are "way better options" then absolutely cut him. But it is possible Kitchens and Wilks think they can get through to him as he is talented.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking with that 1st rounder they get an interior lineman or pass rusher. DT or DE. A ton of great options imo. It all depends on what they do in FA. If they get a guy like Jarrett than Ferrell, Sweat or another guy would make sense, that DL is going to be sick if they can make those moves. WR depth is pretty good in this draft they can grab one in the 2nd or 3rd round and I'm sure they will be busy in FA at WR, OT, CB, DL.
Jarrett would be an absolutely ideal fit on our line next to LO, but I would guess he gets tagged unfortunately. I wouldn't hate going after Mo Wilkerson or Sheldon Richardson, but they'll still grab at least one DT in the draft.

If Sweat is still even there at 17 I think he's the no-brainer guy. Rotating him with Ogbah and Garrett is just horrifying. At any rate, this will be a very disruptive DL after the moves I would think they make.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and am not buying the Metcalf hype. If he is there and they love him at 17? OK...I guess. But no way I see them trading up for a WR because he was a workout warrior.

He wasn't as strong, of course, but remember hearing the same about Lawyer Tillman with his size and speed.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and am not buying the Metcalf hype. If he is there and they love him at 17? OK...I guess. But no way I see them trading up for a WR because he was a workout warrior.

He wasn't as strong, of course, but remember hearing the same about Lawyer Tillman with his size and speed.
Miles Boykin from ND not only was more productive than Metcalf, but was also just as impressive this weekend in Indy, and he's looking like a late-2nd, early-3rd guy right now. I always have a ton of pause with guys who test like freaks but never had the production. Anyone can look amazing in gym shorts, but when the pads come on, you need a lot more than just numbers on a chart.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles Boykin from ND not only was more productive than Metcalf, but was also just as impressive this weekend in Indy, and he's looking like a late-2nd, early-3rd guy right now. I always have a ton of pause with guys who test like freaks but never had the production. Anyone can look amazing in gym shorts, but when the pads come on, you need a lot more than just numbers on a chart.
Exactly. which is why when it comes to QBs if his best traits are big with big arm I am not interested.

wonder if the Browns will surprise us again with a big trade or trades preceding FA.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. which is why when it comes to QBs if his best traits are big with big arm I am not interested.

wonder if the Browns will surprise us again with a big trade or trades preceding FA.
I could see that happening, especially on the back 7 on defense. I think safety is pretty much handled, but we definitely could use another couple of CBs, whether we address that in the draft or with trades/FA, it has to happen.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't believe Boykin graded out as good as he did at the combine. I think he may sneak into the 1st round.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe Boykin graded out as good as he did at the combine. I think he may sneak into the 1st round.
Wouldn't be the biggest shock. If people are going apeshit over Metcalf in the top 15 or top 10, only makes sense Boykin would be right there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be the biggest shock. If people are going apeshit over Metcalf in the top 15 or top 10, only makes sense Boykin would be right there.
Or even Campbell. Even faster than Metcalf and I think more productive. Last I checked WRs don't need to be built like an Adonis.....though the height I guess helps.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I would much rather get a DT or DE to go with Garrett at 17. This all depends on FA though...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell in the 2nd round? Hell yes

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect the best they get is a 4th, and if true I'd rather just keep him. At least until I know Hunt status.

I agree 100%. It's not like they are begging for more cap. You can use Duke in the slot or out of the backfield especially not knowing Hunt's status.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect the best they get is a 4th, and if true I'd rather just keep him. At least until I know Hunt status.
I'd rather keep him in general if all we'd get is a 4th. He proved last year then when he's actually utilized, he can be a game-changer.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So both Clowney and Lawrence are given the franchise tag, and with Graham already re-signing with Philly, the FA DE list is dwindling.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So both Clowney and Lawrence are given the franchise tag, and with Graham already re-signing with Philly, the FA DE list is dwindling.

Makes me think getting an interior lineman might be the way to go in FA unless they make a trade. There are a ton of DE pass rushers available in the 1st round: Burns, Ferrell, Sweat...and even then we stick with Ogbah and hope he keeps improving or getting a pass rusher in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th.