• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors in pgh tgat nith bell n Ab end up in New York

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have 0 issues with our WRs being Landry, Higgins, Calloway, and Perriman. I would like another TE in the draft, but otherwise the skill positions are set.
A guy better than Landry would be great, but I would not add a WR who is no better than Callaway and Higgins, especially if it costs a lot.

I do like Njoku a lot. Guy gets ripped a lot, but I have a feeling the first round of Garrett, Peppers and Njoku will end up looking like an exceptional draft.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy better than Landry would be great, but I would not add a WR who is no better than Callaway and Higgins, especially if it costs a lot.

I do like Njoku a lot. Guy gets ripped a lot, but I have a feeling the first round of Garrett, Peppers and Njoku will end up looking like an exceptional draft.
I'm not so sure Calloway might not actually be the best of the group, and Perriman could be a stud with some more targets. I'm not saying Landry should be some ancillary member of the group, but I guess it's just good that we have options. I love Nkoku. The second year with Baker and Kitchens could return some real dividends from him.

In the draft, I'd really like to see a TE somewhere in maybe the 3rd-4th, and we definitely need a backup RB. This draft is full of solid #2 RBs in the middle rounds so I could see that being a pick there too. Otherwise, I'm fine with the rest of our picks going on defense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure Calloway might not actually be the best of the group, and Perriman could be a stud with some more targets. I'm not saying Landry should be some ancillary member of the group, but I guess it's just good that we have options. I love Nkoku. The second year with Baker and Kitchens could return some real dividends from him.

In the draft, I'd really like to see a TE somewhere in maybe the 3rd-4th, and we definitely need a backup RB. This draft is full of solid #2 RBs in the middle rounds so I could see that being a pick there too. Otherwise, I'm fine with the rest of our picks going on defense.
If they find a RB they like I could see them parting ways with Duke, though I do like Duke.

Perriman definitely a pleasant surprise as all I heard was fast but can't catch. I just saw the fast part.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they find a RB they like I could see them parting ways with Duke, though I do like Duke.

Perriman definitely a pleasant surprise as all I heard was fast but can't catch. I just saw the fast part.
Oh I don't mean to replace Duke. When he's actually used, he's a fantastic weapon. I moreso mean if Chubb were to get hurt, Duke can't handle the load himself. They need someone else to come in like a Mike Weber or Miles Sanders would be great to slot in behind Chubb.

Yeah I'd heard that about him as well, but he definitely struck a rapport with Baker towards the end of the season. 259 yards and 2 TDs over the final 5 games on only 14 targets works for me as the #3/4 WR for sure.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting scenario honestly, but I haven't heard their name come up once. Plus what assets to they have to trade?

Well... Newton is gonna be 30, and @Balljim55 didn't they lost both of their OTs early on? I guess you need a center cause I think Kalil said he was retiring?

As for trade ammo, I guess that's a good point. Someone like Brown is going to at least require a 1st+ more. May be the case Brown is just too expensive to trade for. Although even a healthy Earl Thomas couldn't get a 1st (Brown is now 30 - ET was 29) but I'm sure many teams consider WRs more valuable given it helps your QB more (some could be said for good defense too, but...)

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Well... Newton is gonna be 30, and @Balljim55 didn't they lost both of their OTs early on? I guess you need a center cause I think Kalil said he was retiring?

As for trade ammo, I guess that's a good point. Someone like Brown is going to at least require a 1st+ more. May be the case Brown is just too expensive to trade for. Although even a healthy Earl Thomas couldn't get a 1st (Brown is now 30 - ET was 29) but I'm sure many teams consider WRs more valuable given it helps your QB more (some could be said for good defense too, but...)
They will probably let the Left OT, Matt Kahlil go - he's been expensive and worthless. They are ok at RT. Their center Ryan Kahlil is indeed retiring but they have a decent back-up. I look for them to draft a LT early and a center/guard later on.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will probably pick up a bigger name LB that's available. Wouldn't be surprised to see Barr come to Denver because Fangio loves speedy Linebackers and I think he could really help put Barr back on the right path.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Brandon Graham out of Philly will be the most targeted at the DE spot.
More 4-3 guy, I believe someone will over pay for him.

Flacco will be another over priced. That whole starting veteran QB crap

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the the Chiefs take care of their RFA's of note, let Morse and Nelson walk. Tag Ford, attempt to restructure Houston, extend Hill. If they are successful with all of the above, possibly get Jones done as well.
My guess is that they do everything you say but also let Ford walk.

Hill and Jones are the priority. D is probably seeing even more of a youth movement in the draft

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the top three runningbacks for 2019 :

1. Bell
2. Hunt
3. Ingram

The others :

Lynch
Coleman
Ajayi
Murray
Gore

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the top three runningbacks for 2019 :

1. Bell
2. Hunt
3. Ingram

The others :

Lynch
Coleman
Ajayi
Murray
Gore
I didn't realize Coleman was an UFA. He could get paid. Over 1,000 total yards and 9 TDs last year in what ended up being a struggling offense. He's also only going to be 26 this April. I'd have my eye on him if I'm a team like Miami or Indy, especially if you don't want to overpay for Bell or roll the dice on Hunt.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Coleman was an UFA. He could get paid. Over 1,000 total yards and 9 TDs last year in what ended up being a struggling offense. He's also only going to be 26 this April. I'd have my eye on him if I'm a team like Miami or Indy, especially if you don't want to overpay for Bell or roll the dice on Hunt.

I want him in Philly, good hands and would fit well in that scheme .

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that would be a great fit. Probably just what Wentz would need honestly.

Yeah I don't think Sproles comes back, Adams is just a runner and he looked terrible, they still have Smallwood and Clement ( coming back from a knee injury) Coleman is the bigger back that can play all three downs. Then they work in Smallwood and Clement once he's back 100%

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think Sproles comes back, Adams is just a runner and he looked terrible, they still have Smallwood and Clement ( coming back from a knee injury) Coleman is the bigger back that can play all three downs. Then they work in Smallwood and Clement once he's back 100%
Clement and Smallwood are terrific complementary pieces to a true 3-down back, which I think Coleman can be, especially given how much tread he has left on the tires. He could be a major signing for them. How much do you think Philly would be willing to give for him?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clement and Smallwood are terrific complementary pieces to a true 3-down back, which I think Coleman can be, especially given how much tread he has left on the tires. He could be a major signing for them. How much do you think Philly would be willing to give for him?

You got to think the market is going to be 10-12 million for a RB.
They be eating up a lot of cap for it.