• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope he goes to an organization where he can learn from a veteran and sit for a couple years.

When was the last time a high first round QB selection was afforded the opportunity to do that?

Haskins is going to have to sink of swim early on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jimmy had the title for a while. Keeping Hue Jackson around after 0-16. The stuff said on Hard Knocks about him trying to cause an intentioanl divide between the coaches. His disgusting egg shell habit duirng meetings.

Again though I know nothing of this because I've never watched an episode of Hard Knocks. Just stuff I heard about after the show had aired.
all good points, but not sure some are as bad as you might think. Hiring Hue against wishes of his FO is an issue but keeping him? I kind of get it. Not a very attractive job coming off 0-16 without a QB. Much more attractive when they ended up looking for his replacement, so might as well keep him.

I saw Hard Knocks and don't recall him causing any kind of divide. I can barely even remember him being mentioned/shown.

egg shell habit was comical, I agree. But win and he can bring chickens to lay the eggs in meetings and no one will care.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time a high first round QB selection was afforded the opportunity to do that?

Well he could go as far as 16 but I doubt it.

Mahomes sat for a year but not many.

It really depends where he goes.

NYG - he sits for a year at least.
CIN - he sits for a year at least.
DEN - he sits for a year at least, most likely.
OAK - he sits for a year unless they trade Carr.

All those teams have veteran QB's that believe are very capable starters. But if he were to Miami or a team like that I could see him starting day 1. This year is unlike others. A lot of teams don't need QB's and if they do they have veterans and they want a young QB to sit and learn.

Reactions: gob

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're right. I'll be rooting for Haskins. Wonder if his small # of starts will be an issue for any teams interested in him?
I'm sure it will matter. From everything I hear, teams look at the following the most when it comes to college QBs in no particular order....

1) # of starts
2) win-loss record (and was it at a top school)
3) completion %
4) TD/INT ratio

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but usually we are talking top 1-3 or 4. Teams who might have no decent QB (which was why they picked so high).

I am not "sit the QB Guy" by the way. Just this year is a little different.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting for a year would definitely help Haskins. He could sit behind Carr.

Don't want him to bust before the team moves to Vegas anyway.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting for a year would definitely help Haskins. He could sit behind Carr.

Don't want him to bust before the team moves to Vegas anyway.
It could help, but I don't think QBs bust because they played early.....unless they were physically ruined like Couch or Carr.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any tam with one of the top 4-5 picks should trade it away for multiple picks. They all have more problems than 1 player can fix. You have to build a team and then get the QB. If you do get a primo QB, you end up having to pay him hugely before your team is ready to roll.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any tam with one of the top 4-5 picks should trade it away for multiple picks. They all have more problems than 1 player can fix. You have to build a team and then get the QB. If you do get a primo QB, you end up having to pay him hugely before your team is ready to roll.
Colts were dumb to take Manning, then Luck?

a good QB can make the line and WRs look better.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts were dumb to take Manning, then Luck?

a good QB can make the line and WRs look better.

Always exceptions. But how many QBs drafted in the 1st 5 picks didn't cut it? The odds are against finding that one player. Build your team.

As a Packer fan, I wholeheartedly agree with your last statement.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always exceptions. But how many QBs drafted in the 1st 5 picks didn't cut it? The odds are against finding that one player. Build your team.

As a Packer fan, I wholeheartedly agree with your last statement.
Plenty of QBs don't cut it, but it's because they are not good. Not because there isn't enough talent around them.

while I agree always best to try and win with QB on rookie deal, I don't think anyone looks at it that way and passes on a guy they think could be a stud because they fear not having enough around him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why the Bungles suck, they overrate their own picks
Now that's interesting. I hear how awful the Browns FO must be because of how many picks are gone, but looky who is just below the Browns. Does this mean Dorsey sucks?

I kid....I kid. sort of.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of QBs don't cut it, but it's because they are not good. Not because there isn't enough talent around them.

while I agree always best to try and win with QB on rookie deal, I don't think anyone looks at it that way and passes on a guy they think could be a stud because they fear not having enough around him.

I just look at it as team building. Look at the Chiefs. They had a good team and the missing piece was a QB. Then look at the Packer. They have and have had a great QB. The Packers have multiple position needs. No matter how good the QB is if they had a Top 5 pick, you trade it away. Same thing for the Chiefs, now. 2 years ago, not so much

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just look at it as team building. Look at the Chiefs. They had a good team and the missing piece was a QB. Then look at the Packer. They have and have had a great QB. The Packers have multiple position needs. No matter how good the QB is if they had a Top 5 pick, you trade it away. Same thing for the Chiefs, now. 2 years ago, not so much
The Packers are great because of the QB. doesn't really matter what's around him. Did you not notice that Nelson is HOF caliber with Rodgers, but ordinary without him? Have you ever seen AB's #s when Big Ben doesn't play? He makes Corey Coleman look like a HOFer. No matter who plays WR in GB, NO, NE, Pittsburgh and Indy the offense never skips a beat....unless the QB cannot play

Indy is a title contender with Peyton, loses manning and goes 1-15, then gets Luck and wins 11 games.

SF has gone something like 7-3 with Jimmy G, 4-20 without him.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are great because of the QB. doesn't really matter what's around him. Did you not notice that Nelson is HOF caliber with Rodgers, but ordinary without him? Have you ever seen AB's #s when Big Ben doesn't play? He makes Corey Coleman look like a HOFer. No matter who plays WR in GB, NO, NE, Pittsburgh and Indy the offense never skips a beat....unless the QB cannot play

Indy is a title contender with Peyton, loses manning and goes 1-15, then gets Luck and wins 11 games.

Rodgers had a terrible 1st season after being with the team 3 years previous. Had to build a team around him first. The OL and defense had to be built. The only reason the Packers could afford to draft Rodgers is because they already had Favre. Plus he was a value pick at #24. Alex Smith went #1 that year and Rodgers was the 2nd QB taken.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordy got old and broken

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what Kyler Murray is wearing is more important than anything.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The countdown in the corner is such bullshit. Guaranteed it doesn’t start for another 20 minutes after that clock expires.